bornontheblue

Land war in Europe game thread! (with poll)

US Response to Russian Invasion of Ukraine  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What should the US response to a Russian invasion of Ukraine be?

• Nuke 'em
    • Full conventional military response, troops, tanks, fighters etc take part in defense of Ukraine
    • Air/missile strikes against key Russian military targets
    • Economic embargo of Russia
    • Economic sanctions against Russia
    • Cutoff diplomatic relations with Russia
    • Nothing.

On 5/26/2023 at 3:48 PM, Jackrabbit said:

Has our military lied to us before?

With as advanced as social media is and as widespread, why is there no evidence of US Soldiers on the battlefield?

I can pull up YouTube or Twitter and find hours of battle footage from just the last two days. 

Putin, Russians and all their criminal mercenaries have a propaganda hard on to show US troops participating to swing their narrative. So again, for the 10th time, where is your evidence?

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 3:57 PM, Jackrabbit said:

To which liars are you referring to? General Westmoreland?

I want a country that is feared (yes feared) enough where the bad guys won't start shit.  Bad guys don't respect, they fear.   We are not that country anymore.

I want a country that is generous and a leader.   It's too late for Ukraine, we already fukd that one up

We were never that country. No country has ever been that. No empire, kingdom, republic, whatever. None. And that part of your comment is the more reasonable part.

On 5/26/2023 at 4:18 PM, son of a gun said:

We were never that country. No country has ever been that. No empire, kingdom, republic, whatever. None. And that part of your comment is the more reasonable part.

Germany didn't fear us.  Japan Didn't fear us.  Fear is strange word to use here.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2023 at 2:57 PM, Jackrabbit said:

To which liars are you referring to? General Westmoreland?

I want a country that is feared (yes feared) enough where the bad guys won't start shit.  Bad guys don't respect, they fear.   We are not that country anymore.

I want a country that is generous and a leader.   It's too late for Ukraine, we already fukd that one up

Westmoreland was wrong but do you really thing he was lying in his approach?

If that’s the country you want then arming the Ukrainians is precisely the way to do it. We’ve basically outsourced to another country the means to defend themselves and got in return a pretty kick ass army. Anyone telling you this is like Vietnam is a stupid liar. The South Vietnamese army was in no way as capable militarily as the Ukrainians have proven to be, nor were the North Vietnamese and Vietcong comparable to what Russia can do. A year in we’ve got a stalemate typical of the western front, not an insurgency.

• Like 2

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 5/26/2023 at 1:26 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Jack is easy to attack because he gets his information from stupid liars and everybody here piles in on him for it. I almost feel bad but seriously, what good is it to be the world’s economic and military superpower if you can’t help a smaller country defend itself against a larger one intent on sniffing them out of existence.

It’s true, we do have Americans soldiers there to protect Americans. And to do that it’s definitely helpful to give the much larger homegrown forces some free advice. We are exceptionally good at this sort of thing being the world’s hegemon and all. Our country has only been attacked at a warlike scale twice since 1812, and the only boots on the ground were the terrorists on 9/11 and maybe a few Japanese pilots, all of whose boots were in pieces.

We all know Ukraine is corrupt. They came out of an evil system and we encouraged a different sort of corruption in order to make them richer and more like ourselves. They wanted it and their asshole neighbor, who we also tried to do the same thing with, hated it. Unless you’re some dove loving dirty hippie that thinks there’s nothing no one should ever fight for anywhere at anytime, I don’t understand how it can be said America is not acting in the good here. The bullies in the world don’t care what the hippies think. Sure Ukraine is corrupt, so what. The goddamn French are on their fifth republic and a culture as old, venerable, and unique as theirs are still trying to figure this governing thing out. You have to ask yourself Jack, what do you want the world to look like?

I agree, John Lennon was a +++++ing retard lol

• Like 2

On 5/26/2023 at 6:54 PM, utenation said:

With as advanced as social media is and as widespread, why is there no evidence of US Soldiers on the battlefield?

I can pull up YouTube or Twitter and find hours of battle footage from just the last two days. 

Putin, Russians and all their criminal mercenaries have a propaganda hard on to show US troops participating to swing their narrative. So again, for the 10th time, where is your evidence?

Because our military is competent when it comes to operational security and the only boots we have on the ground there are special forces.

Regarding America being feared (respected is a better word) militarily, we're already there.  Considering our capabilities, we have given Ukraine only basic aid.  Every country in the world knows who has the most technologically advanced, best trained and best supported military in the world.  It's not even close.  This is further illustrated by Russia's "second best" military being exposed as a paper tiger.  We are so far ahead that there simply are no contenders, although China is beefing up fast.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 7:55 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Westmoreland was wrong but do you really thing he was lying in his approach?

If that’s the country you want then arming the Ukrainians is precisely the way to do it. We’ve basically outsourced to another country the means to defend themselves and got in return a pretty kick ass army. Anyone telling you this is like Vietnam is a stupid liar. The South Vietnamese army was in no way as capable militarily as the Ukrainians have proven to be, nor were the North Vietnamese and Vietcong comparable to what Russia can do. A year in we’ve got a stalemate typical of the western front, not an insurgency.

All putin has to wait for is for Ukraine supporters to grow weary and stop spending money on them, then leave.   He knows this from Ho chi minh, taliban, Castro, Iran, Iraq  ......hell yeah this is like vietnam.

Its interesting that this could also I be Russias Afghanistan.   It helped dissolve the USSR.   We will see who tires first.

• Facepalm 2

On 5/27/2023 at 9:35 AM, Jackrabbit said:

Its interesting that this could also be Russias Afghanistan.   It helped dissolve the USSR.   We will see who tires first.

Umm Jack, you do realize that Russia already had an Afghanistan, right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

All putin has to wait for is for Ukraine supporters to grow weary and stop spending money on them, then leave.   He knows this from Ho chi minh, taliban, Castro, Iran, Iraq  ......hell yeah this is like vietnam.

Its interesting that this could also I be Russias Afghanistan.   It helped dissolve the USSR.   We will see who tires first.

This might be the counter to the “simply waiting out the West” argument. I think Ukraine will still find sympathizers and thus resources.  This video puts into context that Russia would find itself in a multi generational holy war against Ukraine against “killers of brothers and rapists of sisters.”  It might devolve into medieval warfare as both sides are attrited but guess who will be more motivated?    

Who is going to wait out who?

• Like 2

Jack, the USA has never left a conflict because they've "grown weary" of spending.

it's spilling blood on the other side of the world that gives us pause

• Like 3

On 5/28/2023 at 12:50 PM, renoskier said:

Jack, the USA has never left a conflict because they've "grown weary" of spending.

it's spilling blood on the other side of the world that gives us pause

Citizens of NATO countries will tire long before we do as they feel more direct impacts of the war.  You know who will tire before them?  Russians.  It really does feel like they are getting close to civil war.  Wagner appears they will sit out the Ukrainian counteroffensive and lick their wounds.  The Russian people are now faced with the reality that the war is going badly for them, that Russian men are dying like dogs in huge numbers due to incompetent leadership, and not only have they not accomplished any of their stated goals, the invasion has had the exact opposite effect.  A revolution and or coupe could allow them to save face and pride as well.  "We had to leave Ukraine to remove incompetent leadership".

• Like 3

On 5/28/2023 at 1:00 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Citizens of NATO countries will tire long before we do as they feel more direct impacts of the war.  You know who will tire before them?  Russians.  It really does feel like they are getting close to civil war.  Wagner appears they will sit out the Ukrainian counteroffensive and lick their wounds.  The Russian people are now faced with the reality that the war is going badly for them, that Russian men are dying like dogs in huge numbers due to incompetent leadership, and not only have they not accomplished any of their stated goals, the invasion has had the exact opposite effect.  A revolution and or coupe could allow them to save face and pride as well.  "We had to leave Ukraine to remove incompetent leadership".

Prigozhin gave an interview a few days ago where he warned of a potential new Russian Revolution if the war continues to go badly for Russia. He was especially critical of Russian elites and their children while ordinary people go to war. His solution was for Russia to declare martial law for a full mobilization.

He also said Russia should withdraw from contact with the West and be like North Korea, basically a return to hiding behind a modern Iron Curtain.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12118821/Putin-led-Russia-failure-invasion-says-Wagner-mercenary-chief.html

• Like 3

On 5/28/2023 at 3:15 PM, FresnoFacts said:

Prigozhin gave an interview a few days ago where he warned of a potential new Russian Revolution if the war continues to go badly for Russia. He was especially critical of Russian elites and their children while ordinary people go to war. His solution was for Russia to declare martial law for a full mobilization.

He also said Russia should withdraw from contact with the West and be like North Korea, basically a return to hiding behind a modern Iron Curtain.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12118821/Putin-led-Russia-failure-invasion-says-Wagner-mercenary-chief.html

Russia does not handle bad war efforts laying down.  

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 3:15 PM, FresnoFacts said:

I like this. 

On 5/28/2023 at 11:12 AM, Old_SD_Dude said:

Umm Jack, you do realize that Russia already had an Afghanistan, right?

I guess your dumber than dirt comment holds water. My guess is Jack never finished high school. Yep. It’s that bad. 

On 5/28/2023 at 6:55 PM, utenation said:

I guess your dumber than dirt comment holds water. My guess is Jack never finished high school. Yep. It’s that bad. 

Russia had its own Afghanistan?? Where was it??

I will say when I was in Afghanistan the villagers didn't give a crap about rifles or grenade launchers, but the second you pulled out your pistol they became very cooperative. I guess thats one lasting impression from Russia.

On 5/29/2023 at 11:13 AM, Los_Aztecas said:

Russia had its own Afghanistan?? Where was it??

I will say when I was in Afghanistan the villagers didn't give a crap about rifles or grenade launchers, but the second you pulled out your pistol they became very cooperative. I guess thats one lasting impression from Russia.

Uh...Afghanistan...