bornontheblue

Land war in Europe game thread! (with poll)

US Response to Russian Invasion of Ukraine  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What should the US response to a Russian invasion of Ukraine be?

• Nuke 'em
    • Full conventional military response, troops, tanks, fighters etc take part in defense of Ukraine
    • Air/missile strikes against key Russian military targets
    • Economic embargo of Russia
    • Economic sanctions against Russia
    • Cutoff diplomatic relations with Russia
    • Nothing.

On 5/20/2023 at 7:01 PM, renoskier said:

Biden may be weak domestically but he's been hitting home runs with his foreign policy. He's been fantastic at bringing together our long time allies in standing up to Russian expansionism. He's made America stronger.

and unless you have proof that he took money from Ukraine, that's just more bullshit conspiracy that you seem to be fond of.

He’s done really well handling Ukraine. Zero arguments there.

• Like 5
  • Vomit 1

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 5/20/2023 at 10:05 PM, Wyobraska said:

Reports coming out that Russia is gaining ground in Bakhmut and even some reports that they have taken control of the city but Kyiv denies they have lost the entire city.    

I get the impression from the coverage that the Russians may have taken the rest of the city but I am not sure if Ukraine isn't just playing possum.  I think Ukraine has also made gains around the edges of the city and could try to encircle the whole city and its forces while the Russians suck into there.   I can't think of a more tantalizing target than a concentrated city full of Russians and devoid of civilians to carpet bomb.  Where is a B52 full of dumb bombs when you need it?

Posted Image

On 5/21/2023 at 8:21 AM, Akkula said:

I get the impression from the coverage that the Russians may have taken the rest of the city but I am not sure if Ukraine isn't just playing possum.  I think Ukraine has also made gains around the edges of the city and could try to encircle the whole city and its forces while the Russians suck into there.   I can't think of a more tantalizing target than a concentrated city full of Russians and devoid of civilians to carpet bomb.  Where is a B52 full of dumb bombs when you need it?

This. By all reports, the Ukrainians still hold a small section as the Russians just swarm their positions. But outside, the Ukrainians have been encircling the city, driving the Russians there, back. While also freeing up roads so reinforcements and supplies can come in. So, not only have the defenders been bleeding the Russians and Wagner dry, they're basically being the lure to bring the invaders into a tight place.

On 5/20/2023 at 9:12 PM, madmartigan said:

He’s done really well handling Ukraine. Zero arguments there.

• 45 F-16's on the way to Ukraine.
  • Russia to World: "US giving F-16's to Ukraine is a colossal risk."
  • Biden: "It is...for them."

Mic drop, swaggers away.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 4
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2023 at 4:46 PM, VandalPride97 said:
  • 45 F-16's on the way to Ukraine.
  • Russia to World: "US giving F-16's to Ukraine is a colossal risk."
  • Biden: "It is...for them."

Mic drop, swaggers away.

The internet has some funny memes.  First time I’m hearing about Dark Brandon.  I like it.

411056F5-6ADC-414C-A251-A2C9E20F24AF.jpeg

649261DD-06FC-4425-A3BC-E2F161251A4D.jpeg

• Haha 4

On 5/22/2023 at 8:35 AM, 415hawaiiboy said:

Wow, interesting.  Let's see how Putin likes asymetrical warfare.  Perhaps some of those Ukrainians he is forcing to get Russian passports may actually use them!  I think one of the strongest options for the counteroffensive would be to basically scour along the whole Russian border from the north and east.  The Russians could very well get caught with their pants down.  

• Like 1
Posted Image

On 5/20/2023 at 6:45 PM, RSF said:

You didn't actually read the whole thing, didja...

You mean the "non combat part"?   Our guys were "non combat" it Vietnam too, to start with. 

Westmoreland KNEW that war was at best an unwinnable stalemate and yet he led us on.  Cheney KNEW Iraq didnt have any WMDs, and yet he led us on.

You dont consider history....doya

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2023 at 1:09 PM, Jackrabbit said:

You mean the "non combat part"?   Our guys were "non combat" it Vietnam too, to start with. 

Westmoreland KNEW that war was at best an unwinnable stalemate and yet he led us on.  Cheney KNEW Iraq didnt have any WMDs, and yet he led us on.

You dont consider history....doya

You dont deal in facts, do ya...

• Like 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/22/2023 at 1:13 PM, Jackrabbit said:

No I dont have evidence of a conspiracy, but considering the Vietnam parallels here we should at least be curious.  

I wish someone would prove me wrong when I say that all curiosity stops at political boundaries. 

so...you're asking us to disprove something you have no proof of.

sure, ok....

• Like 2

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/22/2023 at 1:20 PM, Jackrabbit said:

Not trying hard enough...but close. 

we all know you dont try very hard.  but thanks.

On 5/22/2023 at 1:29 PM, Jackrabbit said:

Let's say ...if a conservative was in the white house with the same thing happening.  Would you think the same.???

Doesn't matter to me who's in the White House.  That you felt the need to ask the question speaks volumes about you.  Teams and shit.