bornontheblue

Land war in Europe game thread! (with poll)

US Response to Russian Invasion of Ukraine  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What should the US response to a Russian invasion of Ukraine be?

• Nuke 'em
    • Full conventional military response, troops, tanks, fighters etc take part in defense of Ukraine
    • Air/missile strikes against key Russian military targets
    • Economic embargo of Russia
    • Economic sanctions against Russia
    • Cutoff diplomatic relations with Russia
    • Nothing.

On 9/22/2022 at 9:43 PM, SpaceForced said:

An article at the DailyKos says the Ukrainian army broke through some defensive lines east of the Oskil River.  We should learn more in the next day or two.  Stay tuned.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/9/22/2124598/-Ukraine-update-Ukraine-reportedly-breaks-Russian-lines-east-of-Oskil-River

This line made me chuckle:

"Basically, the Abrams is a tank that’s meant to take a punch and keep punching. The T-72 is a tank that’s meant to take a punch and … be replaced by the next cheap T-72 in the line."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Regarding Putin's Nuclear Saber Rattling.....I think it should be clear to him that any use of weapons of mass destruction will bring his loss of every square inch of of Ukrainian territory from a possible outcome to a near 100% certain outcome.  

In other words, if he is terrified of losing the war in Ukraine...he better not use nukes....at the very minimum it would force us to wreck him there to end the war swiftly to stop the reason to launch nukes in the first place.

I think we have seen Russian conventional forces are a joke...we may run through them faster than we did Iraq in the first gulf war.

Posted Image

On 9/24/2022 at 11:53 AM, FresnoFacts said:

Putin's mouthpiece's views on the mobilization:

Instead of sending the best and brightest,  they send the worst and dumbest. I suppose I understand if they are simply cannon fodder.

If I was one of these draftees, though,  I would use it as a good opportunity to get out of Russia,  surrender,  and try to get asylum abroad. 

Posted Image

On 9/24/2022 at 11:01 AM, Akkula said:

Instead of sending the best and brightest,  they send the worst and dumbest. I suppose I understand if they are simply cannon fodder.

If I was one of these draftees, though,  I would use it as a good opportunity to get out of Russia,  surrender,  and try to get asylum abroad. 

They also appear to be focusing mobilization on the outlying regions and rural areas instead of the more populated urban areas. Probably an attempt to minimize unrest in places like Moscow.

But take too many from the rural areas and Putin may need to copy the old Soviet days of sending city people to the farms to harvest crops.

The EU could really help by setting up refugee camps for young people who want to flee Russia to hide out until the war is over.   "If you don't want to kill or die for Putins genocidal land grab,  come across the border before you get drafted or they shut the border.  We have a place for you to stay free of charge"  It would be better for them to flee before they are drafted to avoid the new law against surrender. 

This could also be a good place to engender and insurgency in the future to finally topple Putin.

Posted Image

On 9/25/2022 at 6:14 AM, Akkula said:

The EU could really help by setting up refugee camps for young people who want to flee Russia to hide out until the war is over.   "If you don't want to kill or die for Putins genocidal land grab,  come across the border before you get drafted or they shut the border.  We have a place for you to stay free of charge"  It would be better for them to flee before they are drafted to avoid the new law against surrender. 

This could also be a good place to engender and insurgency in the future to finally topple Putin.

They'd have to do it immediately, as Russia is reportedly closing their borders within days. 

On 9/12/2022 at 11:10 AM, sactowndog said:

Meanwhile on Fox News.  The US idiot class listening to Tucker….

MacGregor is essentially a less sleezy Michael Flynn. After graduating from West Point, the guy shot up the ladder to the rank of colonel by the age of 41 but was so allegedly so abrasive that in 1997, he was given a desk job to communicate that he should retire. In 2001, that's what he finally did, then going to work for a consulting firm outside D.C. In 2017, he apparently became a regular on Tucker's show. In 2019, he was allegedly a "finalist" to replace John Bolton as secretary of defense. In 2021, the Orange SS nominated him to be ambassador to Germany but the nomination was shot down in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Immediately after the 2020 presidential election, Trump appointed him secretary of Defense, a post he held for less than three months after being fired by Biden.

Gotta call complete BS on his claim that our current government has been discussing using nukes on Russian. My guess is MacGregor probably heard that from some retired sergeant who once worked for him.