bornontheblue

Land war in Europe game thread! (with poll)

US Response to Russian Invasion of Ukraine  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What should the US response to a Russian invasion of Ukraine be?

• Nuke 'em
    • Full conventional military response, troops, tanks, fighters etc take part in defense of Ukraine
    • Air/missile strikes against key Russian military targets
    • Economic embargo of Russia
    • Economic sanctions against Russia
    • Cutoff diplomatic relations with Russia
    • Nothing.

This has got to be a first - war refugees escaping a country that hasnt been touched yet.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 9/21/2022 at 2:11 PM, RSF said:

This has got to be a first - war refugees escaping a country that hasnt been touched yet.

If I'm draftable age in Russia- I am also shitting my pants. 

• Like 3

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 9/21/2022 at 4:11 PM, RSF said:

Vietnam...?

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 9/21/2022 at 1:14 PM, madmartigan said:

If I'm draftable age in Russia- I am also shitting my pants. 

Agreed, this has to be f'ing terrifying. Time for the Russian people to wake up and rebel. Easier said than done I know, but at some point when is enough going to enough?

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

On 9/21/2022 at 3:42 PM, FresnoFacts said:

MTG is furious all those illegal aliens are entering HER state...

• Haha 2

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

The Russian Army: they’re poorly trained and equipped but at least they have terrible logistics. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 9/21/2022 at 1:14 PM, Billings said:

Yep.  Many fled to Canada to avoid going to Vietnam

nope but I watched the draft on TV when my older brothers birthday was in the first ten picks.   He joined the guard the next day and the unit never got called up. buta friend of his left for Canada, never to return.

On 9/21/2022 at 6:48 PM, Billings said:

nope but I watched the draft on TV when my older brothers birthday was in the first ten picks.   He joined the guard the next day and the unit never got called up. buta friend of his left for Canada, never to return.

A must watch.

By far the best, most powerful Vietnam coverage I’ve seen. I watch a lot of military/history stuff. 10 two hour episodes covering the War before, during and after. Detailed A-Z coverage with so many interviews from all sides. Including the drama at home. 

Also has dirty phone recordings of our Presidents and their excuses. 

It used to be on Netflix but they dumped it. I watched it there a few years ago and looked for it again recently. I think it’s on Amazon Prime. But I just bought the series. The Vietnam War. Great for binge watching on a weekend.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 6:02 PM, utenation said:

A must watch.

By far the best, most powerful Vietnam coverage I’ve seen. I watch a lot of military/history stuff. 10 two hour episodes covering the War before, during and after. Detailed A-Z coverage with so many interviews from all sides. Including the drama at home. 

Also has dirty phone recordings of our Presidents and their excuses. 

It used to be on Netflix but they dumped it. I watched it there a few years ago and looked for it again recently. I think it’s on Amazon Prime. But I just bought the series. The Vietnam War. Great for binge watching on a weekend.

I think you either have to buy it or get PBS+. Really good, well rounded look at the war though.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 9/21/2022 at 7:40 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I think you either have to buy it or get PBS+. Really good, well rounded look at the war though.

I never knew the level of corruption with the South Vietnamese government was that thick. 

The interviews with our soldiers and the VC/NVA were super powerful. Comparing cultures and who was fighting for what. 

I knew a guy like you would like it.

On 9/21/2022 at 6:45 PM, utenation said:

I never knew the level of corruption with the South Vietnamese government was that thick. 

The interviews with our soldiers and the VC/NVA were super powerful. Comparing cultures and who was fighting for what. 

I knew a guy like you would like it.

The French told us to stay out of it...we didn't listen :shrug:

• Like 1

It appears Putin's draft is not going over well in Russia.   

They need to make sure it is VERY easy for Russians to surrender.   They should have the most plush, warm accommodations to wait out the war.   They should be given expedited consideration of asylum and full biometrics taken so they can take advantage.   The catch is that they must denounce the war and not have participated in war crimes to be eligible.   If they killed anyone,  it could also be used against asylum. 

Biometric data can be given to the Hague.

Posted Image

Even the North Koreans don't want any part of this shitshow or to be tarnished by a loss. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/09/22/north-korea-weapons-russia-us-assessment/

North Korea denies U.S. claims it supplies arms to Russia

“We have never exported weapons or ammunition to Russia before and we will not plan to export them,” a senior North Korean defense official was quoted as saying in state media on Thursday. The official accused “the U.S. and other hostile forces” of spreading “a rumor of arms dealings between the DPRK and Russia,” referring to North Korea by its official name.

Posted Image