bornontheblue

Land war in Europe game thread! (with poll)

US Response to Russian Invasion of Ukraine  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What should the US response to a Russian invasion of Ukraine be?

• Nuke 'em
    • Full conventional military response, troops, tanks, fighters etc take part in defense of Ukraine
    • Air/missile strikes against key Russian military targets
    • Economic embargo of Russia
    • Economic sanctions against Russia
    • Cutoff diplomatic relations with Russia
    • Nothing.

I don't know if anyone saw the HIMARS videos that the US gave to Ukraine, but they look awesome.  Apparently they are performing really well in Ukraine so far:

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/07/putin-has-a-problem-u-s-himars-are-rocking-russian-forces-in-ukraine/

We only sent 8 though so I don't know if that's enough to really do a lot of damage.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 3:33 AM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

It's a fine line.  Seems this would do more to destabilize the world than actually help Ukraine.  

• Like 4

On 7/22/2022 at 8:52 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It's a fine line.  Seems this would do more to destabilize the world than actually help Ukraine.  

Russia is not going away because of Putin's ego, he will not lose a war to Ukraine.

we should have negotiated a peace a long time ago.   this policy has completely destroyed Ukraine and displaced millions probably forever, famine will happen this fall and winter

I do not know how many weapons stock each side still has

• Downvote 1

On 7/22/2022 at 9:59 AM, Cleopatra said:

Russia is not going away because of Putin's ego, he will not lose a war to Ukraine.

we should have negotiated a peace a long time ago.   this policy has completely destroyed Ukraine and displaced millions probably forever, famine will happen this fall and winter

I do not know how many weapons stock each side still has

Nah, it needs to be Ukraine's decision.

The only decision we need to make, and it is a near impossible one, is we are going to arm them through years long war of attrition that will cause tens of millions a year to to starve in Africa and the Middle East and continue to crush our own lower class and poor.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 9:02 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nah, it needs to be Ukraine's decision.

The only decision we need to make, and it is a near impossible one, is we are going to arm them through years long war of attrition that will cause tens of millions a year to to starve in Africa and the Middle East and continue to crush our own lower class and poor.

I read that Ukraine wanted a negotiation of peace but was pressured against it by the US and UK.

they are against ceding territory to Russia and want them to continue to fight Russia

Germany and France wanted a deal

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/26/boris-johnson-urges-world-leaders-to-hold-firm-on-ukraine

We'll see how it happens.   Right now I haven't heard as much about the war lately, so I am not sure if the fighting already stopped.

• Facepalm 2
  • Downvote 1

On 7/22/2022 at 10:08 AM, Cleopatra said:

I read that Ukraine wanted a negotiation of peace but was pressured against it by the US and UK.

they are against ceding territory to Russia and want them to continue to fight Russia

Germany and France wanted a deal

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/26/boris-johnson-urges-world-leaders-to-hold-firm-on-ukraine

We'll see how it happens.   Right now I haven't heard as much about the war lately, so I am not sure if the fighting already stopped.

Yeah, I remember your pravda link lol.

No, after seeing the atrocities in the towns outside Kyiv any idea of ceding territory in exchange for peace was gone with Ukrainians.   

• Like 2

On 7/22/2022 at 9:12 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No, after seeing the atrocities in the towns outside Kyiv any idea of ceding territory in exchange for peace was gone with Ukrainians.   

I never linked anything to the communist Russian Pravda newspaper

I linked something to the largest Ukraine political newspaper that had the word Pravda in it that is financed by George Soros (he is an American) and people said it was Russia propaganda.   How?

it showed ignorance.

like Americans claiming that the New York Times, La Times, and Russia Times are all the same thing because they are named "Times"

On 7/22/2022 at 9:12 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

they have already ceded territory, sad to say, because Russia will never it give back, and Ukraine does not have a miltiary to take it back

the only way to get it back is if the United States intervened and sent troops

On 7/22/2022 at 10:15 AM, Cleopatra said:

I never linked anything to the communist Russian Pravda newspaper

I linked something to the largest Ukraine political newspaper that had the word Pravda in it that is financed by George Soros (he is an American) and people said it was Russia propaganda.   How?

it showed ignorance.

like Americans H that the New York Times, La Times, and Russia Times are all the same thing because they are named "Times"

Go ahead, link it again lol

On 7/22/2022 at 10:17 AM, Cleopatra said:

they have already ceded territory, sad to say, because Russia will never it give back, and Ukraine does not have a miltiary to take it back

the only way to get it back is if the United States intervened and sent troops

They do not wish, nor have they ever, to cede territory in exchange for peace.  Stop being obtuse.  

• Like 2

On 7/22/2022 at 9:18 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They do not wish, nor have they ever, to cede territory in exchange for peace.  Stop being obtuse.  

I already know this, i said that Ukraine cannot win back the territory is all, because they don't have enough troops or equipment unless the US sends troops

On 7/22/2022 at 10:20 AM, Cleopatra said:

I already know this, i said that Ukraine cannot win back the territory is all, because they don't have enough troops or equipment unless the US sends troops

And Russia will not agree to any peace that dose not involve ceding the Donbas and other conditions Ukraine will not meet.  So no, peace was not stopped by American and UK influence lol.  They are and were to far apart for us to stymie negotiations.  

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 9:21 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No, link to the article.  

I'll see if I can find it again.  IBut it is in that same newspaper that I linked above that you said is Russian because it is titled Pravda Ukraine, but it is obvious on the front page that it is totally against Russia and is a Ukraine newspaper.   they call Russia the enemy throughout.

I'm not sure why you said I am lying about that being a Ukraine newspaper and not a Russia one.

I guess there is no convincing and its a waste of time