bornontheblue

Land war in Europe game thread! (with poll)

US Response to Russian Invasion of Ukraine  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What should the US response to a Russian invasion of Ukraine be?

• Nuke 'em
    • Full conventional military response, troops, tanks, fighters etc take part in defense of Ukraine
    • Air/missile strikes against key Russian military targets
    • Economic embargo of Russia
    • Economic sanctions against Russia
    • Cutoff diplomatic relations with Russia
    • Nothing.

On 5/30/2022 at 6:05 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

I dont get it 🤔

That idiot in the beginning of the invasion suggested painting drones Ukraine colors and using them against Russia. 

On 5/30/2022 at 5:07 PM, AztecAlien said:

That idiot in the beginning of the invasion suggested painting drones Ukraine colors and using them against Russia. 

No I suggested the importance of getting them drones before Biden pulled his head out of his ass.  Even if we had to paint the Ukrainian colors.   

What a surprise.  The use of drones has been critical to Ukraines success.  But you clearly are a +++++ing genius arguing to leave them to be exterminated by the Russians.  

On 5/30/2022 at 6:21 PM, sactowndog said:

No I suggested the importance of getting them drones before Biden pulled his head out of his ass.  Even if we had to paint the Ukrainian colors.   

What a surprise.  The use of drones has been critical to Ukraines success.  But you clearly are a +++++ing genius arguing to leave them to be exterminated by the Russians.  

Just paint them blue and yellow. No one will notice. Yeah that will save lives. Idiot.  

On 5/30/2022 at 6:21 PM, sactowndog said:

You continue to make stuff up. Show me one post where I am arguing to leave Ukrainians to be exterminated by the Russians. I stated I despise Putin. I also questioned problems in the U.S. and who is going to pay the bill when this is over. That's it!! 

Since OU & UT rebuffed the Pac 16 plan of 10 years ago, the Pac 12 has stagnated (competitively and financially). That's why there are rumors of overttures between USC and the B1G. If the PAC wanted to match the other Conferences at 16 teams (or replace teams from a Big 12/Big 12 poaching scenario) and only pulled from the MWC, the clear choices for me would be:

BSU, SDSU, CSU, UNLV

However, if the Pac 12 found themselves at 4 teas or less,from a 2 conference raid (like the CUSA just experienced), could the MWC absorb the 4 team Pac 12? OR could the Pac 12 still essentially annex the MWC and become a 14-16 team Pac 12?

On 5/31/2022 at 3:36 AM, kalua pig said:

sdsu and hawai’i. pac14.

UCLA will block any discussion of SDSU as they did in the past...

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 1:17 AM, BacksThePack said:

I don't see the P12 adding anyone from the MWC, only the B12.

The B12 is a lot like the BE right before Boise and SDSU were scheduled to join. I'll be shocked if they make it passed 2025 without losing more schools. 

• Like 2

Pac 12 will probably add Houston and TCU before the Big Ten takes USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington and probably Cal and Stanford.   Then the Pac 12 will win the battle with the Big 12 for the better conference of the two and will add who they want of those not already in better conferences.  

The only way I see the Pac 12 adding anybody in the MWC is in order to secure their west coast TV market from the Big 12 - which means adding SDSU (3.3 million person market), and UNLV (2.22 million).

If they wanted to stretch it out, then arguments could be made for Boise (small market but national appeal), Hawaii (entire state), Fresno and SJSU as well (lock up California). 

On 5/31/2022 at 8:31 AM, Koji Vu said:

The only way I see the Pac 12 adding anybody in the MWC is in order to secure their west coast TV market from the Big 12 - which means adding SDSU (3.3 million person market), and UNLV (2.22 million).

If they wanted to stretch it out, then arguments could be made for Boise (small market but national appeal), Hawaii (entire state), Fresno and SJSU as well (lock up California). 

The PAC-12 already has the San Diego market.  They have the Las Vegas market now, but they won’t in 25 years.

• Downvote 1

On 5/31/2022 at 8:45 AM, ph90702 said:

The PAC-12 already has the San Diego market.  They have the Las Vegas market now, but they won’t in 25 years.

That's incorrect.  In the San Diego market the SDSU game has higher ratings than almost every Pac game over the course of a season.  The only games that consistently beat SDSU ratings in SD county are Ohio St - Michigan and Alabama - Auburn.

• Like 3

On 5/31/2022 at 9:57 AM, Fowl said:

That's incorrect.  In the San Diego market the SDSU game has higher ratings than almost every Pac game over the course of a season.  The only games that consistently beat SDSU ratings in SD county are Ohio St - Michigan and Alabama - Auburn.

Link ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/31/2022 at 8:45 AM, ph90702 said:

Edit: See below, but the goal would be to not cede the market to the Big 12.

No they don't. I don't know of anybody in San Diego that has the Pac 12 Network. 

BTW, SDSU to Pac12 already happening. :D 

• Like 1

The PAC already commands the SD and Vegas media markets. Adding SUDS/UNLV does not grow their footprint. Adding CSU for the Denver market does not grow  their footprint.

UCLA has historically blocked SDSU for recruiting reasons. The PAC already has strong recruiting inroads in both markets. Adding any MW market makes zero sense.

The only markets that make sense for the PAC are the State of Texas and OU. I have read in this blog and others that Houston is actually a perfect Academic and Cultural fit for the PAC.

The only way an MW school gets into the PAC is if the two El Lay Schools leave.

• Like 1

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/31/2022 at 8:57 AM, Fowl said:

The same is true for Fresno and the Valley.  I have looked for PAC-12 games in sports bars and they are hard to find.  

Unlike the Big 12’s Texas teams, the PAC-12’s CA teams are concentrated in 2 markets.  Big Markets for sure but their coverage in the state is poor.  Is it an opening for the PAC-12? Not really but it is a huge opening for the Big-12.   San Diego / So Orange County and the Valley are two of the more conservative areas of the state.  

• Like 1