bornontheblue

Land war in Europe game thread! (with poll)

US Response to Russian Invasion of Ukraine  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What should the US response to a Russian invasion of Ukraine be?

• Nuke 'em
    • Full conventional military response, troops, tanks, fighters etc take part in defense of Ukraine
    • Air/missile strikes against key Russian military targets
    • Economic embargo of Russia
    • Economic sanctions against Russia
    • Cutoff diplomatic relations with Russia
    • Nothing.

On 3/18/2022 at 4:15 PM, 702Canary said:

I think you are wrong again.  You are mainly refrencing the Volga Germans.  They all got run out about a century ago.  But I'm sure this is what you'll focus on so let's make it like 80 years ago.  Most of them emigrated to USA and settled in the midwest i.e Dakotas and Nebraska areas. 

I know this as FACT as these were my grandparents and great grandparents.  Also none of them were Nazis you idiot.  They fled Germany and Hitler to farm land in Ukraine in exchange for free land.  I am sure you will disagree.

JFC.

The Germans from Russia.  Did your grandparents eat pickled watermelon?

32 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

The Germans from Russia.  Did your grandparents eat pickled watermelon?

Not sure on that one.  But we did make some awesome ass dinner strudel.  Not to be confused with a breakfast strudel.  Different animals.

I got a literal 20 page recipe from my grandma.  All the emigrated krauts in North Dakota and Nebraska had contests on who made the best.  Think like a small soft rolled taco with au jus sauce.  The real krauts with chest hairs would fill with raisans. 

• Cheers 1

On 3/18/2022 at 3:15 PM, 702Canary said:

I think you are wrong again.  You are mainly refrencing the Volga Germans.  They all got run out about a century ago.  But I'm sure this is what you'll focus on so let's make it like 80 years ago.  Most of them emigrated to USA and settled in the midwest i.e Dakotas and Nebraska areas. 

I know this as FACT as these were my grandparents and great grandparents.  Also none of them were Nazis you idiot.  They fled Germany and Hitler to farm land in Ukraine in exchange for free land.  I am sure you will disagree.

JFC.

I agree that most of the Germans in the regions emigrated or were displaced but I certainly don’t think CP was asserting they were Nazis. 

• Like 1
  • Super-Mega Idiot 1

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

13 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I agree that most of the Germans in the regions emigrated or were displaced but I certainly don’t think CP was asserting they were Nazis. 

Well those were his words. I didnt make it up out of thin air.  

Ukraine germans FLED from the nazis.  Not one time but twice.  First time to Russia.  2nd time to usa.  

On 3/18/2022 at 5:01 PM, 702Canary said:

Well those were his words. I didnt make it up out of thin air.  

Ukraine germans FLED from the nazis.  Not one time but twice.  First time to Russia.  2nd time to usa.  

Those were not his words.  His post said: "I think there are significant numbers of Ukranians of German ancestory." Period.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

6 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Those were not his words.  His post said: "I think there are significant numbers of Ukranians of German ancestory." Period.

Yeah that wasn't the context.

Period. 

The context was that there nazi krauts with german heritage in Ukraine. +++++ off with that bullshit you asswipe.

I love your white knighting though. It's so commendable.  I hope he gives you a great handy for yer efforts.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

People of Slavic ancestry can't be Nazis. They may be anti Semitic and ultra nationalists. But they aren't considered of Aryan descent by nazi ideology.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/ukraine-has-nazi-problem-vladimir-putin-s-denazification-claim-war-ncna1290946

hate is seductive regardless of rational thinking 

I don't know the legitimacy of the this video, but it looks like some foreign fighters (one definitely American) took a freaking Uber to the front lines! 

• Cheers 2

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

On 3/18/2022 at 6:13 PM, 702Canary said:

Yeah that wasn't the context.

Period. 

The context was that there nazi krauts with german heritage in Ukraine. +++++ off with that bullshit you asswipe.

I love your white knighting though. It's so commendable.  I hope he gives you a great handy for yer efforts.

Jeez why so angry little fella?  

9 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

It’s hard to believe they’re still parking in columns out in the open. This must be old footage. They can’t be that inept.

theyre russians dude...lol