bornontheblue

Land war in Europe game thread! (with poll)

US Response to Russian Invasion of Ukraine  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What should the US response to a Russian invasion of Ukraine be?

• Nuke 'em
    • Full conventional military response, troops, tanks, fighters etc take part in defense of Ukraine
    • Air/missile strikes against key Russian military targets
    • Economic embargo of Russia
    • Economic sanctions against Russia
    • Cutoff diplomatic relations with Russia
    • Nothing.

On 2/23/2022 at 8:06 PM, bornontheblue said:

I think the best strategy for Ukraine would be to just let them in , don;t challenge them head on, and then implement a hit and run , guerilla warfare strategy. 

Keep the Russian army constantly occupied by being a God Damn pest that won't go away. Their only chance is to play the long game , and implement a strategy of death by a thousand cuts. 

This is probably the best course of action for them to take. Unfortunately this will also lead to a significant number of civilian deaths and war crime atrocities. 

• Sad 2

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

On 2/23/2022 at 9:16 PM, ridgeview2 said:

This is probably the best course of action for them to take. Unfortunately this will also lead to a significant number of civilian deaths and war crime atrocities. 

the USA can help by: 

1 - Sanctions with teeth

2 - Ramp up our own energy production to lower energy prices. Russia is very sensitive to this. We can probably get Saudia Arabia to pitch in here. 

3 - Getting in supplies through the backdoor to keep the Ukranian resistance going. 

4- Appeal to the average working common Russian to not tolerate this from their leaders. 

• Like 5

On 2/23/2022 at 11:23 PM, bornontheblue said:

the USA can help by: 

1 - Sanctions with teeth

2 - Ramp up our own energy production to lower energy prices. Russia is very sensitive to this. We can probably get Saudia Arabia to pitch in here. 

3 - Getting in supplies through the backdoor to keep the Ukranian resistance going. 

4- Appeal to the average working common Russian to not tolerate this from their leaders. 

5 - We flood Ukraine with Tito’s, fck those Stoli sons of bitches!!!!

• Like 1

Do you guys and gals think Putin will stop with Ukraine? I don't. I've got a bad feeling about this, as if invading one neighboring country isn't bad enough. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 11:42 PM, crixus said:

Do you guys and gals think Putin will stop with Ukraine? I don't. I've got a bad feeling about this, as if invading one neighboring country isn't bad enough. 

Not immediately. I think that this could also be a precursor to Belarus officially joining Russia. 

On 2/23/2022 at 8:42 PM, crixus said:

On 2/23/2022 at 8:43 PM, retrofade said:

Not immediately. I think that this could also be a precursor to Belarus officially joining Russia. 

I'm thinking Putin wants to reconstitute much of the old USSR - except the "Stans" to the East of Ukraine 

On 2/24/2022 at 1:42 PM, crixus said:

Putin called out former Russian territories that are currently part of NATO, so Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Finland. He is definitely bitter about those ones.

Edit- Finland no NATO.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

39 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Drones from behind trees and hidden in buildings.  Fry the Russians in their tanks.   Thoughts and prayers to the people of Ukraine.  I hope the US Cyber Command is attacking the shit out of Russia as we speak.  

• Like 3