Jump to content
bornontheblue

Land war in Europe game thread! (with poll)

US Response to Russian Invasion of Ukraine  

58 members have voted

  1. 1. What should the US response to a Russian invasion of Ukraine be?

    • Nuke 'em
    • Full conventional military response, troops, tanks, fighters etc take part in defense of Ukraine
      0
    • Air/missile strikes against key Russian military targets
    • Economic embargo of Russia
    • Economic sanctions against Russia
    • Cutoff diplomatic relations with Russia
    • Nothing.


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Maybe the Ukrainians should just threaten to blow up the Soviets oil pipeline to Europe when the first Russian soldier crosses their border. That should get the attention of both Russia and Europe. 

Invest in US based natural gas & Oil  companies - immediately , lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was going to start a poll about what our response should be if/when Russia invades but I'm going to edit your post to add my poll if that's ok with you @bornontheblue.  No need for multiple posts on the same topic

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean, at least it isn't a land war in Asia.... I guess?

tumblr_maxqdyJzPN1qf12z1o2_250.gifv

 

That said, I do not want war. At all. Make fun of me being a libertarian for years when you claim I wasn't.... I still hold true to the non-aggression principle. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I mean, at least it isn't a land war in Asia.... I guess?

tumblr_maxqdyJzPN1qf12z1o2_250.gifv

 

That said, I do not want war. At all. Make fun of me being a libertarian for years when you claim I wasn't.... I still hold true to the non-aggression principle. 

Russia is lashing out because it is a failing State.  But this could spark a broader war. If we do nothing against Russia then China may take it as a sign we won’t defend Taiwan and decide it’s time to reunite with them. It’s a very difficult position Putin has put us in. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

We should help Ukraine any way we can without getting our military involved. Mostky through economics sanctions , or perhaps cyber attacking them 

I almost voted for nuking them but I don’t have any qualms with the Russian people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

Russia is lashing out because it is a failing State.  But this could spark a broader war. If we do nothing against Russia then China may take it as a sign we won’t defend Taiwan and decide it’s time to reunite with them. It’s a very difficult position Putin has put us in. 

I made the China/Taiwan argument like a month or a month and a half ago and I think I was told I was being reactionary. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

We should help Ukraine any way we can without getting our military involved. Mostky through economics sanctions , or perhaps cyber attacking them 

Our military cyber programs are ridiculously sorely lacking, both from a red and blue perspective. It's unfortunate, but even more unfortunately very true. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonder how much of this Russia vs Ukraine thing is a Putin shot at Biden & the USA for not re-electing his puppet trump - If trump was in office, Putin could probably annex the entire former Soviet Bloc because trump was an ally of Putin & his authoritarian regime 

  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super-Mega Idiot 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I almost voted for nuking them but I don’t have any qualms with the Russian people. 

Wasn't it Patton back in 1945 (before his Jeep wreck) that wanted the allies to continue on into Russia ?!?!

 

Anti-Russian sentiment[edit]

Patton was impressed with the Soviet Union but was disdainful of Russians, saying

I have no particular desire to understand them, except to ascertain how much lead or iron it takes to kill them. In addition to his other Asiatic characteristics, the Russian has no regard for human life and is an all out son of bitch, barbarian, and chronic drunk

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

We should help Ukraine any way we can without getting our military involved. Mostky through economics sanctions , or perhaps cyber attacking them 

We should also be supplying Ukraine with the hardware they need to push back against a Russian invasion.

During WWII, Finland showed what a motivated populous could do to the Red Army when the Russian people had no interest in fighting the Finns and I've seen nothing to suggest that more than a small number of Putin's people support the invasion of Ukraine.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I was going to start a poll about what our response should be if/when Russia invades but I'm going to edit your post to add my poll if that's ok with you @bornontheblue.  No need for multiple posts on the same topic

Your poll needs more choices buddy.

Send arms to Ukraine, beef up NATO, US deployments to East/Central European NATO members.  Beating the Germans with a wet noodle for being such a crappy ally.  And stuff like that.

And you should be able to pick more than 1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I almost voted for nuking them but I don’t have any qualms with the Russian people. 

 

We aren't nuking the Russians, we are nuking the Ukraine to save it from the Russians.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

We should also be supplying Ukraine with the hardware they need to push back against a Russian invasion.

During WWII, Finland showed what a motivated populous could do to the Red Army when the Russian people had no interest in fighting the Finns and I've seen nothing to suggest that more than a small number of Putin's people support the invasion of Ukraine.

That's the question - How much of the general Russian populace is ready to sacrifice what comes for Putin's ego stroke ?? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...