Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spot50B

How big of a deal is it to play extra basketball games?

5 hours ago, Spot50B said:

As already pointed out, it's the same number of games for both teams in the same timeframe plus Boise had to play SDSU on the road. Wyoming hasn't played a team in the top third of the league yet. Boise has only played the Aztecs. Should be a good one.

Never said it was more or less than Boise, didn’t even look at Boises schedule. My post wasn’t about Boise?

Reminder that you played your top 1/3 team (the only game of that sort) against a team who just came off of their Covid break, we will see how much the matters. 

tetons1.jpg

14 hours ago, thedude15 said:

SJSU- does it matter? They will finish near the bottom of the MW regardless. 

Hey now, CBS Sports has Sparty in as a 16 seed !

Don't be messin' with the JuJu.

:foottap:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

14 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

When the Pokes play Boise it will be their 5th game in 10 days. I think you saw tired legs against the Lobos. That Lobos game was their 4th game in 7 days. 

15th- @Utah State

17th- @Nevada

19th- vs SJSU

22nd- vs New Mexico

We're talkin' about 20 year olds who probably went back to the Hotel and banged three different chicks before the next game.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

7 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

Never said it was more or less than Boise, didn’t even look at Boises schedule. My post wasn’t about Boise?

Reminder that you played your top 1/3 team (the only game of that sort) against a team who just came off of their Covid break, we will see how much the matters. 

The clear implication was that Wyoming would be at a disadvantage but that isn't the case. 

I never said anything about winning against SDSU. Boise still had to travel and play in a slog of a game against possibly the top defense in the league. The physical toll doesn't change if the other team is rusty.

It will be a good game tonight assuming it doesn't get cancelled 20 mins before tip. I think both teams are behind SDSU and CSU talent wise but they play each other again next week. A split is probably most likely.

8 hours ago, Spot50B said:

The clear implication was that Wyoming would be at a disadvantage but that isn't the case. 

I never said anything about winning against SDSU. Boise still had to travel and play in a slog of a game against possibly the top defense in the league. The physical toll doesn't change if the other team is rusty.

It will be a good game tonight assuming it doesn't get cancelled 20 mins before tip. I think both teams are behind SDSU and CSU talent wise but they play each other again next week. A split is probably most likely.

No there was no clear implication. Just that they look tired against New Mexico.  

tetons1.jpg