Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 1/24/22 - UNLV @ San Diego State - WHO YA’ GOT?

Rebs getting pounded. The Aztecs steal the ball leading to a fast break, or the Rebs miss the shot, crash the boards and SDSU gets out on the break. You have to force SDSU into a half court game, as their shot percentage goes up when they get out on the break. 

39 minutes ago, ImABronc said:

Broncos could have said that too.

And it's probable 5 games in 11 days affected the broncos, as well. But I did see how sluggish the Aztecs were on Saturday, on their first day back after a pretty decent bout with covid. If they had shot like they are tonight, defended or not, they would have won that game. Just sayin.

Just now, 4UNLV said:

Ok? I don't think anyone said the rebels were better than the broncos?

And it's possible 5 games in 11 days affected the broncos, as well. But I did see how sluggish the Aztecs were on Saturday, on their first day back after a pretty decent bout with covid. If they had shot like they are tonight, defended or not, they would have won that game. Just sayin.

Easy to shoot well and get hot against bad teams.  Kind of why bad teams are bad. 

6 minutes ago, slappy said:

Easy to shoot well and get hot against bad teams.  Kind of why bad teams are bad. 

This is true. My point was that 5 games probably affected the broncos as well, but the timing was good for them to get the aztecs coming off their covid pause when they were super sluggish. Boise won by 5, and only scored 42 points.

Just now, 4UNLV said:

This is true. My point was that 5 games probably affected the broncos as well, but the timing was good for them to get the aztecs coming off their covid pause when they were super sluggish.

Agree.  What was the T that just happened about

9 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

This is true. My point was that 5 games probably affected the broncos as well, but the timing was good for them to get the aztecs coming off their covid pause when they were super sluggish. Boise won by 5, and only scored 42 points.

True we only scored 42 points. Hard to keep up the same defensive intensity when you are up 15 plus for most of the game up 27 now. Comparing apples to oranges. 

19 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Oh I agree. Some Bronco fans are just salty because some SDSU fans are blaming the pause wholeheartedly for the loss and not giving any credence to the fact that the Broncos were gassed and still beat them. Sorry if it seemed like I was belittling your Rebs. You’re team scares the hell out of me, similar to the Lobos.

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Ok? I don't think anyone said the rebels were better than the broncos?

And it's possible 5 games in 11 days affected the broncos, as well. But I did see how sluggish the Aztecs were on Saturday, on their first day back after a pretty decent bout with covid. If they had shot like they are tonight, defended or not, they would have won that game. Just sayin.

SDSU has had 3 home games now. They have flat out smoked CSU and UNLV and lost to BSU. If people want to blame the loss on Saturday to the Aztecs being rusty,  more power to them...but BSU wasn't exactly at their optimum either and I think some peeps are also underestimating how good BSU has been playing recently.

6 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

True we only scored 42 points. Hard to keep up the same defensive intensity when you are up 15 plus for most of the game up 27 now. Comparing apples to oranges. 

I'm sure something got left out here, but I would bet that if you had lost, you would be acknowledging that 5 games in 10 days would affect any team. Your team just happened to play better than the aztecs their first game back after covid. and 42 was enough to win, that night.

And again, no one said the broncos weren't better than the rebels.

Just now, packNV said:

That was a bad beat if you bet it!

Lol I did.  But that’s how it goes.  Typically don’t play second half unders but figured last minute or so was going to be easy.  I was wrong.  Was right about how bad unlv is though.  That makes up for it.  

4 minutes ago, ImABronc said:

Oh I agree. Some Bronco fans are just salty because some SDSU fans are blaming the pause wholeheartedly for the loss and not giving any credence to the fact that the Broncos were gassed and still beat them. Sorry if it seemed like I was belittling your Rebs. You’re team scares the hell out of me, similar to the Lobos.

No need to worry about the rebels, they're what we expected. Rookie coach, 10 new players. It was never going to be any other way.

3 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

SDSU has had 3 home games now. They have flat out smoked CSU and UNLV and lost to BSU. If people want to blame the loss on Saturday to the Aztecs being rusty,  more power to them...but BSU wasn't exactly at their optimum either and I think some peeps are also underestimating how good BSU has been playing recently.

Yes, that was my entire point. 5 games in 10 days is brutal for any team. Your team just happened to benefit from the aztecs first game back (and yes, they looked like sh**) when the broncos 'weren't at their optimum either'. Thanks for getting them good and riled up for us, lol. The broncos ARE looking good, credit where it is due.