Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 1/24/22 - UNLV @ San Diego State - WHO YA’ GOT?

In an earlier meeting between the two, both teams looked like crap as San Diego State won 62-55 in the T&M. And in their recent starts, both teams played like crap. UNLV struggled in a home win over SJSU. The Aztecs looked like a team coming off a severe bout with COVID. Given that, am I enough of a degenerate to bet a game where youre not quite sure what to expect? You bet I am. The Under of 126 seems like the biggest lock of the year. I’m not sure either team could put the ball in the ocean if they were sunning on Mission Beach.

Both teams rely on one guy to do their scoring. SDSU has a few more scoring complements than UNLV. If this game is close the Aztecs should be worried about the rest of the MWC season. I’ll go with the Aztecs to cover.

On a side note Vax requirements and fear of Covid are killing MWC basketball attendance. Viejas looked half empty Saturday night. Probably a good thing considering the outcome. 

It's probably because I'm dumb, but I'm actually thinking this game will end up being higher scoring than expected...like the Viejas rims getting some karma for the beating they received on Saturday. The law of averages says the Aztecs will shoot much better tonight and the Rebs have enough athletes to speed up the tempo some. I'm actually going to roll on the over. I think this gets into the low 130's.

14 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

It's probably because I'm dumb, but I'm actually thinking this game will end up being higher scoring than expected...like the Viejas rims getting some karma for the beating they received on Saturday. The law of averages says the Aztecs will shoot much better tonight and the Rebs have enough athletes to speed up the tempo some. I'm actually going to roll on the over. I think this gets into the low 130's.

There’s always a tendency to look at a teams last game and overreact one way or another. After the CSU game the Aztec fans already crowned them as conference champs. Now they’re temporarily bums. Both teams like to get up and down the court when they can so I can see them exceeding 126 but I won’t be betting on it.