Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Rank em 1/23

21 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Draftkings (MW conference tournament winner):

CSU +220

BSU +250

Wyoming +300

SDSU +350

---

Fresno +1800

Nevada +1800

---

Utah State +6000

UNLV +8000

---

AFA +15000

UNM +30000

SJSU +40000

Fresno +1800 is tempting. Anything can happen in March and they aren't too far off the teams in front of them.

49 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

CSU +220

BSU +250

Wyoming +300

SDSU +350

---

Fresno +1800

Nevada +1800

---

Utah State +6000

UNLV +8000

---

AFA +15000

UNM +30000

SJSU +40000

Unless I'm mistaken, CSU hasn't won even one MWC men's basketball tournament. Boise State hasn't had as many opportunities to fail at that but neither has Boise exactly been impressive in the tourney. Wyoming? Meh.

On the other hand, SDSU has often failed to win the tourney despite being the favorite in years in which the Aztecs have won the regular season title.

Because of history, therefore, SDSU would be a great bet at +350 if in a few weeks it's obvious they won't win the regular season title. If they do win the regular season putting money on both Fresno and UNR at +1800 could really pay off.

4 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Unless I'm mistaken, CSU hasn't won even one MWC men's basketball tournament. Boise State hasn't had as many opportunities to fail at that but neither has Boise exactly been impressive in the tourney. Wyoming? Meh.

On the other hand, SDSU has often failed to win the tourney despite being the favorite in years in which the Aztecs have won the regular season title.

Because of history, therefore, SDSU would be a great bet at +350 if in a few weeks it's obvious they won't win the regular season title. If they do win the regular season putting money on both Fresno and UNR at +1800 could really pay off.

CSU won the 2003 Tournament as a 6-seed.

3 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

CSU won the 2003 Tournament as a 6-seed.

I think he forgot about the 2015 Tournament too.  Do't count out UNM either.  They could be a spoiler.

" I believe that forgiving them is God's function.

OUR job is to arrange the meeting. " - General Schwarzkopf

32 minutes ago, wyo 1 said:

That year they had a big 7 footer that was pretty good, can’t remember his name. Matt Nelson or something like that maybe.

They had two big guys that year and so dominated the paint. I stand corrected as to that season. I never said Wyoming hadn't won the tournament.

And the Cowboys almost won it in 2002. I'll never forget that one since it was SDSU's miracle season. Also since a drunken cowboy who was there with his 3-year-old daughter dared me to step outside the T&M "so he could kick my ass" for allegedly shouting "overrated" after they lost. (I never said that, it was an Aztec sitting behind me but the cowboy was so smashed he was probably seeing double. My friends guessed that he wanted them to babysit the kid while he showed everybody what a big man he could be.)

26 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

They had two big guys that year and so dominated the paint. I stand corrected as to that season. I never said Wyoming hadn't won the tournament.

And the Cowboys almost won it in 2002. I'll never forget that one since it was SDSU's miracle season. Also since a drunken cowboy who was there with his 3-year-old daughter dared me to step outside the T&M "so he could kick my ass" for allegedly shouting "overrated" after they lost. (I never said that, it was an Aztec sitting behind me but the cowboy was so smashed he was probably seeing double. My friends guessed that he wanted them to babysit the kid while he showed everybody what a big man he could be.)

Well don’t be a little lippy  pussy and that won’t happen… I kid, I kid…. Speaking of kids, the daughter probably could’ve kicked your arse for her drunken daddy.  😉

1 hour ago, WYCowboy00 said:

I think he forgot about the 2015 Tournament too.  Do't count out UNM either.  They could be a spoiler.

If UNM continues to improve they would be a pretty decent flyer bet to win the tourney. They have some solid 3 point shooters which makes them dangerous as hell come MWCT time if they get hot.  They have also shown they can hang with upper echelon teams recently.

8 hours ago, WYCowboy00 said:

By spoiler, do you mean UNM could possibly pull one upset in the tourney? Maybe, but I am absolutely counting them out to win it 

20 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What do you expect from a guy who thinks John Lennon's "Imagine" is a deep, thought provoking song?

What do you expect from a guy who is musically clueless.

You're in the minority on this one.

Roughly 5 billion people who have heard that song disagree with you. 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

10 hours ago, Spot50B said:

By spoiler, do you mean UNM could possibly pull one upset in the tourney? Maybe, but I am absolutely counting them out to win it 

Conference Tourneys are about quality depth when you get to the Semis/Finals. Especially when two teams are fairly equal.

Occasionally a kid like Sam Merrill comes along and it's his moment no matter the circumstances.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

Conference Tourneys are about quality depth when you get to the Semis/Finals. Especially when two teams are fairly equal.

Occasionally a kid like Sam Merrill comes along and it's his moment no matter the circumstances.

So you think New Mexico can win the MWC tournament?