Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misplacedcowboy

What shows are you all watching?

3 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I’m gonna binge this after Boba Fett is done, looks cool.

After four episodes, I'll just say it's alright. Not nearly as good as The Mandalorian, at least from what they've shown so far. You can tell they have a lower budget than what Mandalorian has. Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen do an excellent job, but everyone else is meh. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

9 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

3 episodes into Yellowstone. The one son has a higher body count than Ted Bundy already. Needs more Costner.

After suffering through and eventually falling in love with Draft Day, any Costner appearance that doesn't include him insulting someone with "you pancake eating motherf*cker" is a bit of a letdown

8 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

My wife and I are currently watching the final season of Attack on Titan (anime), The Book of Boba Fett, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. 

Attack on Titan might be the best show I’ve ever watched. My 13 year old has shown me quite a few good anime shows. 

12 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Season 2 of the Witcher wasn’t as good as the first but I still like it.

I disagree. I thought season 2 was better but love both of them.. Season 3 should be great and a more straight adaptation of the next book. 

8 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

After four episodes, I'll just say it's alright. Not nearly as good as The Mandalorian, at least from what they've shown so far. You can tell they have a lower budget than what Mandalorian has. Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen do an excellent job, but everyone else is meh. 

I have the same feeling about Boba Fett. It’s not bad, but it’s not nearly as compelling as The Mandalorisn. The Mayor’s assistant guy cracks me up though, such a weasel. 

I just finished watching the last season of the Expanse. I’m not sure what direction I’m going to go in for the next series I watch.

9 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I have the same feeling about Boba Fett. It’s not bad, but it’s not nearly as compelling as The Mandalorisn. The Mayor’s assistant guy cracks me up though, such a weasel. 

I checked out when Boba recruited the "modifiers" and their goofy looking speeder bikes. That was the worst chase sequence I've ever witnessed in any tv show or film.

23 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Attack on Titan might be the best show I’ve ever watched. My 13 year old has shown me quite a few good anime shows. 

I've only seen a few episodes here and there until my wife sat me down and we binged the entire first 3 seasons and season 4 pt.1 over the summer. I'm really excited to see how they finish it. My wife has all the mangas, so she knows how it ends but I told her not to spoil it for me.

54 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I've been wanting to see that. How many season is it now?

I've started watching more animated shows as well. I've already mentioned how good Arcane was, but I was also super impressed with Castlevania on Netflix. You seen that one yet?

13 hours ago, Naggsty Butler said:

I've been on a marathon of US wars stuff for the last two weeks. Started with the revolutionary war, only thing I watched for that was Patriot, and that was meh. I'm currently on the Civil War, I watched the Ken Burns documentary, Gods and generals, Gettysburg, Glory, Gone with the Wind, and I'm currently watching Birth of a Nation. On to WW1 after that.

If you want a really well done Revolutionary war series give John Adams a try on HBO Max.  

11 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

If you want a really well done Revolutionary war series give John Adams a try on HBO Max.  

Another fun revolutionary War show is Turn: washington's spys. Probably less accurate than John Adam's but appears to be somewhat true other than adding things for dramatic effect and adding some characters. About the first spy ring in the us during the revolution. Several seasons long. Used to be on Netflix think it still is. 

4 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Another fun revolutionary War show is Turn: washington's spys. Probably less accurate than John Adam's but appears to be somewhat true other than adding things for dramatic effect and adding some characters. About the first spy ring in the us during the revolution. Several seasons long. Used to be on Netflix think it still is. 

Turn is excellent!

1 hour ago, ridgeview2 said:

I checked out when Boba recruited the "modifiers" and their goofy looking speeder bikes. That was the worst chase sequence I've ever witnessed in any tv show or film.

I liked the concept but their +++++ing power ranger ass speeders was goofy as hell.

1 hour ago, Stealthlobo said:

I've been wanting to see that. How many season is it now?

I've started watching more animated shows as well. I've already mentioned how good Arcane was, but I was also super impressed with Castlevania on Netflix. You seen that one yet?

I think we’re on part 2 of season 4, which will be the last one. 10 episodes left. 

I haven’t seen those, just started to watch animated stuff in the last year or so. Here’s my list of top anime I’ve seen, and I’d put these against any of the top regular shows. 

Tokyo Revengers

Jujutsu Kaisen

Demon Slayer

Hunter X Hunter is also good but it always throws me off that theirs a pedophile clown in it, seems like maybe the culture is different and it’s not as offensive in Japan. 

23 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I think we’re on part 2 of season 4, which will be the last one. 10 episodes left. 

I haven’t seen those, just started to watch animated stuff in the last year or so. Here’s my list of top anime I’ve seen, and I’d put these against any of the top regular shows. 

Tokyo Revengers

Jujutsu Kaisen

Demon Slayer

Hunter X Hunter is also good but it always throws me off that theirs a pedophile clown in it, seems like maybe the culture is different and it’s not as offensive in Japan. 

Nice, I'll definitely take a look at some of those. Just need to make the time. I'm probably sounding like a broken record, but check out Arcane. Everyone I've convinced to watch it has absolutely loved it.