Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

June Jones - New Hawaii coach?

12 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Pretty clear they don’t want Jones around.  After the media circus he is creating, I’m not sure I blame them.  There’s someone out there for Hawaii but it doesn’t look like it’s JJ. 

Based on Matlin being on the mainland

its going to be either Matlins back pocket guy in Timmy or someone like Johnny Nansen who he was up their interviewing yesterday. With an outside shot of Brian Smith.

JJ did the media thing because he was looked over the last 2 coaching searches when he turned in his application. Matlin or whoever is on the BOR seem to very much dislike the guy

Just now, masterfrog said:

My initial thought is that if people believe that there is only one person that can save your program, your program probably can't even be saved.

Hawai'i is a very unique job that needs the right type of person to lead it. Not sure if bringing in an "outsider" like Noam Chow or Todd Graham can work out.

I didn't see the press conference but someone who did can clarify if this happened.

I am seeing social media comments that the AD spokesperson made a comment along the lines that the MWC is the bottom of FBS? Did he say something like that? What was the context?

If he did make that comment it sounds like the Hawaii AD is trying to burn all of their bridges over this hire.

2 hours ago, kalua pig said:

why isn’t matlin speaking?isn’t he the athletic director?

I thought you were going to engage in a mano y mano with Matlin ?

Is he ghosting you ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

24 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

I didn't see the press conference but someone who did can clarify if this happened.

I am seeing social media comments that the AD spokesperson made a comment along the lines that the MWC is the bottom of FBS? Did he say something like that? What was the context?

If he did make that comment it sounds like the Hawaii AD is trying to burn all of their bridges over this hire.

Mentioned something to the lines of the coaching search and his time as coach will be difficult as a result of the MW being a bottom 3 FBS conference. It wasn’t the AD Matlin who stayed hidden but the UH Spokesperson that spoke in the meeting

12 minutes ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Mentioned something to the lines of the coaching search and his time as coach will be difficult as a result of the MW being a bottom 3 FBS conference. It wasn’t the AD Matlin who stayed hidden but the UH Spokesperson that spoke in the meeting

Bad form by the spokesperson who should be able to be careful about what they say. The MWC should be considered one of the top 2 G5s especially as the AAC loses members. He shouldn't be talking down his own conference as a reason they may have coaching hire problems.

Not a comment that builds connections with conference mates.

Makes me wonder what Matlin has said about the MWC or Hawaii's football future behind closed doors.

16 minutes ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Does he have a twitter?  Somebody should let him know we were the top G5 conference this year and had an identical Massey composite mean rating to the Pac 12 (68.2 compared to 68.5).  And will be the defacto #6 conference moving forward.  

That whining little bitch of a spokeshole didn't do the University any favors. 

Congrats to UNLV for no longer being the worst shit show in college athletics.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

33 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Also seeing that the spokesperson claims the athletic director admits the TG hire was a bad decision.

Just need the AD to now man up and say it in public himself.

I suspect that the AD is actually on the mainland apartment hunting instead of coach shopping.

Disappointed to lose Chang. Hopefully Norvell has someone good lined up

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250