Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

June Jones - New Hawaii coach?

11 hours ago, kalua pig said:

i am going to pay a surprise visit to matlin’s house right now to have a talk with him.hope it goes well.

You have those gambling winnings to use as leverage

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

This has turned into an absolute shit show. I think ever since Graham stepped down, the AD has taken a scorched earth approach and burned down the temple against those who tried to undermine him.

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

1 hour ago, SpaceForced said:

It's almost like Matlin has told the Hawaii fans "Ef you".

What a terrible situation.  What is the school president doing while the athletic department burns?

David Lassner is UH’s president.  The dupe was dialed into the meeting in which Matlin made the non-offer to Jones.  Now a lot of fans want his head on a spike too.

Man that’s just disrespectful, and stupid, on the Hawaii AD’s part. If he just gives JJ a regular contract with full autonomy Hawaii probably gets what it wants anyway (Chang on the staff being groomed for the head job). If they have success then they probably have to pay a little more to keep Chang around as an OC; but if they are successful on the field then that’s a small price to pay. And if they are middling, JJ probably retires in 3 years anyway and Chang takes over. 

12 hours ago, Headbutt said:

If the offer to Chang is significantly different, and it will be public record if he takes it, then I don't see Matlin surviving this latest controversy.  Not all of the issues are his fault (he didn't condemn the stadium), but he has put himself at the forefront of all of the negatives.

What coach in his right mind would even bother to negotiate with this man?  He's shown he has no ethics and cannot be trusted. He's damaged goods.  I think Hawaii has to fire him.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

5 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

if matlin disappeared,it wasn’t me.i went to visit him last night but he was on the mainland.

Any boss lacking the nads to shut down an ass clown like Matlin doesn't deserve to keep working either.

So maybe the person you REALLY need to pay a visit to is Lassner. :)

This reminds me when George Karl was literally begging for the UNLV job and offered to do it at a cut price and TKM decided to hire Menzies instead....I guess modern day ADs have sensitive egos and don't like it when someone with more gravitas steps into their territory.

Pretty clear they don’t want Jones around.  After the media circus he is creating, I’m not sure I blame them.  There’s someone out there for Hawaii but it doesn’t look like it’s JJ. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

5 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Pretty clear they don’t want Jones around.  After the media circus he is creating, I’m not sure I blame them.  There’s someone out there for Hawaii but it doesn’t look like it’s JJ. 

Yeah. That's much worse than being a slimy cheater like Urban Meyer.

6 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

He paid his dues, he has the right to make it public after being insulted with an offer clearly designed to not be an actual offer.