Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

SDSU 2023 Recruiting

As far as local recruits are concerned, does that make it the Cathedral, Lincoln and Madison programs that we have verbals from so far? 3 of the more talented programs in SD and CA. Always good to have a presence w those programs that are consistently producing D1 talent imo. We may not land them all, but to be known by their athletes is a good thing.

Have to feel like if/when the PAC12 news drops, we’ll immediately see a recruiting surge. Hope if it does happen that it happens before the first signing day.

So hard to tell who we’re close at getting at this point. Maybe local CB Chris Snyder or JC WR Marquis Montgomery (but he just got Utah offer)

On 11/10/2022 at 9:05 PM, badfish said:

Yup and we have a pipeline w/ Carlsbad and Helix as well. Good to see us reaching all the top programs.

Would love to catch the Lincoln vs Carlsbad game this Friday at Snapdragon. There will be some talent out on that field! 

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2022/weekview.pl?week=10_13 Predictions for this week

On 11/14/2022 at 9:58 AM, dshawfan said:

Would love to catch the Lincoln vs Carlsbad game this Friday at Snapdragon. There will be some talent out on that field! 

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2022/weekview.pl?week=10_13 Predictions for this week

Perfect to get some of SD’s top talent in the lockerroom and on the field. Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, SDSU, and more commits on the field for that one. Hope we get expanded CIF games there in the future.

On 11/14/2022 at 9:49 PM, badfish said:

Perfect to get some of SD’s top talent in the lockerroom and on the field. Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, SDSU, and more commits on the field for that one. Hope we get expanded CIF games there in the future.

Played in Jack Murphy as a HS Senior back in "79"....what a great experience! 

Offered last week, committed today sight unseen. Has good size and plays in a strong league, which might water down some of his film. Solid get, I think he could be a good one with some more weight on his frame.

the MWConnection says CJ Baskerville hit the portal.

I can't find anything else on the web. That would be a big loss for the secondary and defense as a whole.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/5/2022 at 9:07 AM, Spaztecs said:

the MWConnection says CJ Baskerville hit the portal.

I can't find anything else on the web. That would be a big loss for the secondary and defense as a whole.

Yes, saw a tweet thanking SDSU for his time here and announcing his departure

Just lost a commitment from one of our lowest rated guys, OL Sandoval, to Vanderbilt. Thought I’d care if we lost a local commit to SEC but he was kind of a head scratcher 

Could SD kids leaving P5s, lots of OL/DL transfer offers out, and some UC commits we offered just got dropped. It’s all out in front of this staff, hope they make the most of it.

On 12/6/2022 at 5:11 AM, badfish said:

Could SD kids leaving P5s, lots of OL/DL transfer offers out, and some UC commits we offered just got dropped. It’s all out in front of this staff, hope they make the most of it.

Yep, these days, doing a good job with the transfer portal is a must! 

unrated OL from TX. Seems like a project guy, which makes sense with our super young starting OL and tons of depth there. Dude is nasty, which we need more of.

SDSU just offered former Fresno WR Josh Kelly. We offered Stovall from UNR/CSU, but he chose ASU. First times I’ve seen us offer former MWC right out of the portal.

On 12/15/2022 at 12:09 PM, badfish said:

SDSU just offered former Fresno WR Josh Kelly. We offered Stovall from UNR/CSU, but he chose ASU. First times I’ve seen us offer former MWC right out of the portal.

I'm guessing they are better than what the Aztecs have.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/15/2022 at 1:09 PM, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Kelly is good.  His dad was mad he got moved down the pecking order for targets but when you have a billion senior WRs and add a guy like Remigio someone is gonna get shorted.

Yea I remember Kelly’s big year last year so I was surprised when I saw so few catches this yea. Was he hurt?