Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

SDSU 2023 Recruiting

Developmental guy. Still has a lot of growing to do at a generous 270lbs. Our OL is very young, so I’m surprised we brought in a guy like him, but let’s see what he can do. 

On 7/20/2022 at 7:02 AM, badfish said:

Developmental guy. Still has a lot of growing to do at a generous 270lbs. Our OL is very young, so I’m surprised we brought in a guy like him, but let’s see what he can do. 

He doesn't have to be 300lbs+ for the oline.  He could be a pulling guard at that weight.  I'm sure Adam Hall will put a few pounds on him anyway. 

On 7/23/2022 at 11:51 PM, aztech said:

He doesn't have to be 300lbs+ for the oline.  He could be a pulling guard at that weight.  I'm sure Adam Hall will put a few pounds on him anyway. 

I get that, but our current starters at LG and RG are 315 and 340. This guy looks closer to 260, so putting him on the field any time soon would be a dead giveaway to some type of package. 

On 7/24/2022 at 6:55 AM, badfish said:

I get that, but our current starters at LG and RG are 315 and 340. This guy looks closer to 260, so putting him on the field any time soon would be a dead giveaway to some type of package. 

Well if he has to be put in due to injuries, then cross your fingers. 

Current commits and their offers elsewhere.

Jordan Napier (Texas A&M, Arkansas, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, UNR, SJSU, UNLV)

Marcus Ratcliffe (CAL, Colorado, Arizona, BYU, AFA)

Javance Tupouata-Johnson (Oregon, Florida St, BYU, ASU, Pitt, Kansas, UNR, SJSU, Toledo)

Caleb Otlewski (Nebraska, Minnesota, SMU, Memphis, UNT, Texas St, Tulsa, USU, UTSA)

Ryan Silver (CSU, Fresno, Army, UNR, SJSU, UNLV)

Baylin Brooks (Arizona, UNR, SJSU)

Jelani Mclaughlin (Washington, Wazzu, Oregon St, Colorado, Arizona, UNM, UNLV, USU)

Chris Fewell (Colorado, CSU, NMSU, USU)

Tyson Berry (only FCS)

Misael Sandoval (CSU, UNR, NMSU)

P5: 24       G5: 31

On 9/3/2022 at 5:45 AM, badfish said:

Excellent visitor list to SDSU opener at Snapdragon. 4* and a bunch of the top 2024 guys were after. Hope we put on a good showing.

Follow up, we did not. Oh, and there were two more 4* locals there to witness that trainwreck.

On 10/16/2022 at 5:58 PM, badfish said:

Kid will probably blow up and end up P5, but a cool gesture nonetheless. We’re typically late to the party with local kids.

That is why it's a must that we turn around the season, go to a bowl and win it convincingly with a balanced passing and running attack.   The one dimensional offense has been a real turnoff, even when we win.