Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

Road Rage

I went to pick up my son. I took my usual route. His school is in the middle of a residential neighborhood. I avoid the main street that is used for drop-off/pickup. I take a side street that connects with that street. I usually park my car on the street and walk to the gate. I had been driving behind a mid-size SUV for about a mile now. It has recognizable plate holder that reads, "bite me", which reminds me that I have seen it before.

I am behind the SUV. It turns its left turn blinker on. I slow down and stop. It then starts moving to the right like it's gong to park curbside instead of entering its driveway. The SUV went far to the right and stopped before fully parking. It was evident that the driver was indecisive. (There are a lot of seniors/retirees in this neighborhood. And I have driven behind them patiently many times. I figured this was one of them driving.) At this point, the street was clear and there was ample space for me to drive on the other lane. Which I did. Of course, once I did that, the SUV started its left turn. I proceeded, since there was ample space I have cleared the SUV and it was only going to T-bone or hit me if it sped up. I continued, collision avoided. The driver honked and honked. I didn't acknowledge it. Didn't retaliate. I did nothing to escalate the matter because I had no intention of doing so. Especially not in the neighborhood were my kids goes to school. Now, I noticed the SUV is following me.  I pulled over after a few houses. It pulls up next to me and I see that its a boomer-age male driving. Retiree type kind that live in this neighborhood, but still on the younger side. 

I lowered my window. He yells, "why the hell did you do that!?". I yell back, "You turned on your left turn and then went to the right like you were going to park, dumbass!" (I shouldn't have called him a dumbass.) He calls me a dumbass back. And drives forward. I pull back into the street and stop next to him. This time calmly, I said, "Look, my bad. And I apologize for calling you a dumbass." I drove away. Again he's behind me. So I turn right at the next street to see if he is following me again. Looks like he is. I turn left. He turns left. At the next stop sign. I get out of my car and ask why are you following me? He lowers his window enough to say, "I called the police. They are on their way." I replied, "So what. Nothing wrong has been done. Their gonna be pist at you for wasting their time!" I saw the expression on his face change completely after I said that. So I knew he was bullshitting. The whole time he had his phone and was taking pictures or recording. I pulled mine out and did the same. And while recording I loudly said, "this driver has been following me". Again his expression changed. Realized I have have him recorded too and recorded a fact.

I got back in my car drove past the intersection and pulled over once more. I drove past the intersection since, as stated earlier, people were on their way to the elementary school to pick up their kids. And a few cars had lined up behinds us and were starting to honk. He pulled up next to me. This time, his demeanor was different. He said, "look man. let's forget. I'll erase you from my phone, if you erase me from my phone." I told him, "Look, sorry for being impatient. It honestly looked like you were going to park curbside on the right even though you had your left blinker on." I went on my way.

Thought that was it. I went back down the same street where it all started. This was at least 10mins later. I was paying attention only to the road. I hear someone yell, "hey!". I looked and it was him. He flags me down. I had my son with me now, so I probably should have kept going. I figured he never got physically threatening with me the whole time. I did a u-turn and talked to him. He handed me a bag of oranges from his tree and apologized. I think the finally realized he fcuked up and must be thinking, "he knows where I live." There is no reason for concern. As I said, I had no intention of escalating anything.  If he hadn't let road rage get the best of him, he would not have to be scared/concern.

So, that is my interesting interaction 19 days into 2022.

11 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

I lowered my window. He yells, "why the hell did you do that!?". I yell back, "You turned on your left turn and then went to the right like you were going to park, dumbass!"

So, that is my interesting interaction 19 days into 2021    2022.

I guess you are looking to get shot.  People are acting a lot more crazy these days.  Stress and all.  

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

3 minutes ago, SpaceForced said:

I guess you are looking to get shot. 

reply: This is your response? He was following me. Weather I had stopped there, or were I intended to park or at the stop sign, if he was going to shot me, he was going to shot me wherever I stopped at.

People are acting a lot more crazy these days.  Stress and all.  

reply: when has there ever been a time when people didn't act crazy or where stress free??

1 hour ago, Stealthlobo said:

Whew. During the read I was expecting you to be asking for help at the end because you were shot and couldn't move or something. Road Rage in America can be scary shit.

Right. The guy does have a license plate holder that says "bite me". So tells you about his attitude. He was the ballsy one to follow someone in his own neighborhood, his actual street. That is why I am sure he regretted his decision to intimidate me. Luckily, for him, he did not do that to the wrong person.

50 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Right. The guy does have a license plate holder that says "bite me". So tells you about his attitude. He was the ballsy one to follow someone in his own neighborhood, his actual street. That is why I am sure he regretted his decision to intimidate me. Luckily, for him, he did not do that to the wrong person.

These days you never know who is packing and it doesn’t take much to set them off. 

13 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

These days you never know who is packing and it doesn’t take much to set them off. 

i always keep a piece on my passenger seat...lol never a good idea to roll naked these days...lol

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

True. A big reason why I didn't acknowledge his honking. He thought he was going to intimidate me by following me and threatening to call the police. All that ended up happening was he becoming scared because he started his rage in front of his or family's/friend's house and finally realizing what a stupid decision it was. Had he done this to the wrong person, he would truly have reason to be scared. I am avoiding that street for the rest of the week.

2 hours ago, SAMO said:

put a 9 on yer passenger seat next time...lol

This is a reason not to own a gun. Getting cut off or getting into a fender bender isn't reason to murder someone. 

11 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

This is a reason not to own a gun. Getting cut off or getting into a fender bender isn't reason to murder someone. 

Exactly.  If you're rolling around with a loaded gun in your car,  you are a complete idiot nutbag looking for trouble and exactly the person you are worried about encountering. 

12 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

speak for yerself...maybe dont bitch about old men chasing you around in the future then...with that loser attitude...lol

angry old boomer drivers aint someting i worry about these days...lets put it that way...lol

1 hour ago, 702Canary said:

Exactly.  If you're rolling around with a loaded gun in your car,  you are a complete idiot nutbag looking for trouble and exactly the person you are worried about encountering. 

keep honking...im reloading...lol

6 minutes ago, SAMO said:

speak for yerself...maybe dont bitch about old men chasing you around in the future then...with that loser attitude...lol

angry old boomer drivers aint someting i worry about these days...lets put it that way...lol

keep honking...im reloading...lol

Spoken like a true +++++ing moron.  You are such a hard ass.  I am in awe of your masculinity.

1 minute ago, 702Canary said:

Spoken like a true +++++ing moron.  You are such a hard ass.  I am in awe of your masculinity.

moron?...lol

ill let you and the other guy get bullied by boomers...lol

me...i wont...lol

whos the dumbass, dumbass?...lol

4 hours ago, 702Canary said:

You don’t have enough information to make such a silly judgment. You’re jumping to the conclusion that he would use it per the stereotype in your head. A gun is always good to have as a very last option (self defense) to prevent from being killed. I wouldn’t have it sitting out in the open, it should be concealed legally. 

kat.jpg

I used to drive for San Diego Unified while I was going to school in SD, and they gave me some of the most dangerous HS routes. I had a really bad route right after the Rodney King riots, and I carried a 2” barrel .38 Special on my ankle at times. Not supposed to, but I didn’t want to die. No dress shorts for this. I also had a car pull up to me in 2 different occasions in the next lane and ordered me to pull over because he wanted to pop someone on my bus. Both times I said OK and made a quick right and lost the car long enough to call the cops and I drove to a police substation. Had to know where those were. 

kat.jpg