Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

2022 Mountain West Baseball

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 1/19/2022 at 5:46 PM, LoboMan59 said:

Good info., I wish Coach Brown and the Lobos well (except when they play SJSU).

SJSU has practically turned over its entire roster. Looking forward to seeing all the new players 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

The MWC official site doesn't even have a breakdown of the upcoming baseball season on their website... not that I could find anyway? If anyone has an inside track to the MWC offices, can we get a little coverage of baseball started? I know it's all about basketball right now, but some kind of excitement of MWC  baseball teams, would be good. 

I did find some preseason news here...

https://themw.com/news/2022/1/6/athlete-awards-air-forces-skenes-nevadas-bosetti-named-2022-collegiate-baseball-preseason-all-americans.aspx

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 minute ago, aztech said:

Baseball is supposedly a warm weather sport, but AFA has a team.  So what's your excuse CSU?  No money?

When the Big Ten has baseball teams, we know it's a cost issue.  Really sucks Boise bailed on baseball, it may have put more pressure on the range schools to join in.

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

When the Big Ten has baseball teams, we know it's a cost issue.  Really sucks Boise bailed on baseball, it may have put more pressure on the range schools to join in.

Boise may have lacked the dough to pull it off.

Excite Ballpark. ⚾️ Home of the Spartans and San Jose Giants.

uqtudfgbiu8erx3smtp8.png

18 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

@crixus has the OP, he has to do the standings and schedule, not me, you or @wolfpack1

Nope.

@wolfpack1 posted above that he's working on putting the MW teams schedules together. Had I known that before I wouldn't have started this thread. He's been the college baseball guru here for years (except for last season when he took time off and several of us pitched in). I respect his work and wouldn't want to interfere. I'm glad he's back! B)

12 hours ago, aztech said:

Boise may have lacked the dough to pull it off.

The Broncos got off to a really good start in 2020, they had a 9-5 record before the program was cut. That's too bad, I was really looking forward to an 8 team conference.