Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels18

UNLV Lands 5-Star QB from Tennessee

39 minutes ago, 702Canary said:

Don't know what the situation is now.  But back in the day the UNLV AD was run by mormons who only hired fellow mormons.  Or friends of their mormon friends who were completely unqualified for the position.  And we all know how that goes.  Put it this way.  It wasn't about hiring the best qualified candidate for said position.

Sounds somewhat like the Utah legislature. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

3 hours ago, SpaceForced said:

Martell started out as a 5* but ended up at UNLV as a Walk-on.

If this guy Bailey was a legitimate 5* then I'd be suspicious.  If he was then he'd have P5 takers instead of choosing a G5 school.  No offense Rebs.

6 minutes ago, aztech said:

If this guy Bailey was a legitimate 5* then I'd be suspicious.  If he was then he'd have P5 takers instead of choosing a G5 school.  No offense Rebs.

Depends. Where else you gonna find a world class stadium? And Las Vegas? And maybe Arroyo and friends talked him into it ($$$). :P

11 minutes ago, aztech said:

The guy was a 4*/5* depending on the rating service.  He has been in the portal since October.  He has had a list of p5 schools that were after him.  It must be something about Arroyo and Bailey that just clicked.  There are some interesting stories on him leaving Tennessee.  He was recruited by then coach Pruitt.  Bailey actually earned some starting time in the last three games of 2020.  Then a coaching change came for 2021.  Before the coaching change Bailey's father had tweeted about Harrison would only play for Pruitt.  I think that set the course downhill for Harrison when Heupel came in as the new coach.  Anyway, I think the kid will see some significant playing time at UNLV.  Time will tell but to be honest I think this is a good pickup for the Rebs.  God knows they need help.

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

image.png

Mid 3 star transfer.  Worst case scenario, added depth.

Exactly.  When the Rebs came to the Springs the last game of the season all they had to go with was Rogers.  AF played whack-a-mole with that kid.  Rogers got hit on a play and his helmet popped in the air about 3 feet.  Bailey had better have a faster release.

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

14 minutes ago, SpaceForced said:

Exactly.  When the Rebs came to the Springs the last game of the season all they had to go with was Rogers.  AF played whack-a-mole with that kid.  Rogers got hit on a play and his helmet popped in the air about 3 feet.  Bailey had better have a faster release.

Well the good thing is he's used to scrambling out of danger.  He'll need to more than ever now.

39 minutes ago, SpaceForced said:

Or a better chin strap.

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Sounds somewhat like the Utah legislature. 

UNLV Athletics was filled with mormons and tons of friends of mormon friends that never gave a shat about UNLV.  I am not sure if that's still the case.  Not that I have anything against mormons but that was the UNLV hiring process for the last 20+ years.  Hiring people who don't care about UNLV.  We even hired the son of the traitor Finfrock  and allowed him an office in the T&M and let him run things. The place is a fuggin joke.

1 hour ago, SpaceForced said:

#chopblockcity

SI article 

Former Tennessee Volunteers quarterback Harrison Bailey, one of the crown jewels of the 2020 signing class for Jeremy Pruitt, announced his entry into the transfer portal after Tennessee's win over Kentucky.

https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/football/former-vols-qb-harrison-bailey-finds-new-home-1

29 minutes ago, 702Canary said:

UNLV Athletics was filled with mormons and tons of friends of mormon friends that never gave a shat about UNLV.  I am not sure if that's still the case.  Not that I have anything against mormons but that was the UNLV hiring process for the last 20+ years.  Hiring people who don't care about UNLV.  We even hired the son of the traitor Finfrock  and allowed him an office in the T&M and let him run things. The place is a fuggin joke.

Why do you think we referred to the MWC as the Mormon West Conference

12 minutes ago, HeyReb89 said:

Why do you think we referred to the MWC as the Mormon West Conference

Finfrock's son literally ran T&M UNLV Tickets office for a long time.  A big - no make that hooooooge - dick also.

That's all after his dad ran the entire UNLV program under the bus in the early 90s.  And this is a great example why UNLV will always suck.  Croneyism has killed our athletic dept. for far too long.

11 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Let's ride?? More like Lube up, f*ckers! 

@Rebels18 is the Mike Aresco of the MWCBoard. 

Always pimping his Rebs.

walk pimp GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

7 hours ago, aztech said:

A lower level G5 School at that.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor