Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels18

UNLV Lands 5-Star QB from Tennessee

6 minutes ago, SpaceForced said:

I wonder what the story is behind White not getting on the field in 21.  He holds the Spartans single game Freshman receiving record earned in 2020.

Nice pickup for the Rebs.

Was away from the team due to an off the field incident.

30 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

That’s where arroyo needs to focus, the OLine. Good pickup. 

Definitely. Get some big guys in there that can move the defense around a bit.

He has more than enough QBs now..also might want to find someone to replace Charles.

13 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

UNLV raiding the coffers of the P5 for talent. 

Meanwhile other MWC schools are being victimized by the P5. LOL! Reno getting bent over by lowly ass CSU! Lol

UNLV bout to make this conference it's bitch :rotflmfao:

UNLV fans make me laugh.  They are like:

key and peele airplane GIF by Comedy Central

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

image.png.34bd4fd840b222002cde93db9ea33a09.png

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

8 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

UNLV raiding the coffers of the P5 for talent. 

Meanwhile other MWC schools are being victimized by the P5. LOL! Reno getting bent over by lowly ass CSU! Lol

UNLV bout to make this conference it's bitch

When was the last time csu lost to unlv??

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

UNLV has definitely stepped up the recruiting and looked somewhat competitive this yea on the field. Let’s just hope this 5* QB transfer pans out a little better than your last one.

The one article I was reading talked about Arroyo wanting 40-50 passes per game. QB’s and WR’s are all well and good but our offensive line needs serious improvement including depth. Our style of play will change a bunch this coming season.

17 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Definitely. Get some big guys in there that can move the defense around a bit.

He has more than enough QBs now..also might want to find someone to replace Charles.

I don’t think you replace Chuck wagon, but there is the Oregon transfer from last year and possibly another transfer this year. 

Seems to me that Arroyo is focusing on upgrading the passing game. Whenever UNLV needed to drive down to win a game or tie, they just couldn’t protect or make any reads on the defense. Should have been at least a 4 win season. 

Friel did fine for a true freshman but I don’t think he’s going to elevate the offense to win games anytime soon. 

8 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

I don’t think you replace Chuck wagon, but there is the Oregon transfer from last year and possibly another transfer this year. 

Seems to me that Arroyo is focusing on upgrading the passing game. Whenever UNLV needed to drive down to win a game or tie, they just couldn’t protect or make any reads on the defense. Should have been at least a 4 win season. 

Friel did fine for a true freshman but I don’t think he’s going to elevate the offense to win games anytime soon. 

Agree with all of that.

14 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

image.png.34bd4fd840b222002cde93db9ea33a09.png

This isn’t really fair.  Yes they are the worst program out west.  Their win percentage is the worst in any modern sport.  Coaches go their to die, and players are just happy to get a scholarship offered.  There are two constants in unlv football.  A 2.5 win total number and nervous betters on both sides late in the year.  

But I do see football progress.  The stadium lease will help, and downgrading the emphasis on the basketball program will lead to success ( relatively speaking) in the long run.  There is hope.