Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels18

UNLV Lands 5-Star QB from Tennessee

The QB competition this spring at UNLV just got more interesting with the addition of Bailey and Maiava to the roster in 2022. Brumfield, Rogers and Friel better come prepared. I can see Rogers and maybe one other transferring out.

29 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Fertitta must be opening his wallet. Nice to have a sugar daddy.

Anytime I think UNLV is going to do anything of note in hoops or football I remind myself of the past two decades. This is especially true in football. Dysfunction permeates that entire AD and has made it impossible to win in football and lately basketball. I heard something about UNLV being a nationally relevant program once I think. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Maybe a good addition to our team, time will tell. One thing for sure is that our existing QB position is weak physically. More size and competition at that position is a good thing. I also think that Rogers and maybe one more transfer. Oh yeah Tate who? I vaguely remember seeing him a few plays. Arroyo is still building this team a brick at a time. I’m encouraged by the further increase of talent on the field we will have next year. Best probably ever and counting.

Lets hope your Tennessee QB transfer works out better for you guys, than ours did. Sherion Jones didn't quite pan out for us during the Davie years.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Where’s the good players on the lines? Skill positions especially QB was not our problem.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

Anytime I think UNLV is going to do anything of note in hoops or football I remind myself of the past two decades. This is especially true in football. Dysfunction permeates that entire AD and has made it impossible to win in football and lately basketball. I heard something about UNLV being a nationally relevant program once I think. 

Don't know what the situation is now.  But back in the day the UNLV AD was run by mormons who only hired fellow mormons.  Or friends of their mormon friends who were completely unqualified for the position.  And we all know how that goes.  Put it this way.  It wasn't about hiring the best qualified candidate for said position.