Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

good ole' Florida coddling white people

1 minute ago, SalinasSpartan said:

There’s a joke in there somewhere about new Florida resident Dave Rubin. 

I'm sure we will get some examples from blue states here soon from our GOP apologists, and since Democrats do their share of idea hating too. Let's see if they are analogous though. I have yet to hear of one as bad as the crap local and state conservatives are trying to pull around the country right now because they are such wilting lilies.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

10 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Please, is was a mostly southern thing with both parties all up in it. 

It existed in the North and Western States as well. When Cali was seeking Admission to the Union, there was a strong push to admit NorCal as a Free State and Socal as a Slave State.

We all know the OC has been a bastion of White Supremacy for like, forever.

Little known SoCal fact.

Back in the 50's when the Big Borrego and Salton City landowners had a sell off to the public, my Mom worked for the Title Company that got the bid. The rules were no sales and no Titles, to Blacks Mexicans, or Jews. Her Boss who was Jewish, was not allowed to be on site in the Borrego Title Office.

Seems like we're headed back in that direction.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 minute ago, Spaztecs said:

It existed in the North and Western States as well. When Cali was seeking Admission to the Union, there was a strong push to admit NorCal as a Free State and Socal as a Slave State.

There were lots of pro slavery democrats in early california, and there were places where slavery was basically practiced like in the gold fields.

See, I learned that in school where you learn things about the past and are not afraid of ideas.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

6 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

There were lots of pro slavery democrats in early california, and there were places where slavery was basically practiced like in the gold fields.

See, I learned that in school where you learn things about the past and are not afraid of ideas.

Reread my post as i added to it.

Americans Mayor

10 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

We all know the OC has been a bastion of White Supremacy for like, forever.

Little known SoCal fact.

Back in the 50's when the Big Borrego and Salton City landowners had a sell off to the public, my Mom worked for the Title Company that got the bid. The rules were no sales and no Titles, to Blacks Mexicans, or Jews. Her Boss who was Jewish, was not allowed to be on site in the Borrego Title Office.

Seems like we're headed back in that direction.

The thing about stories like this is they are so common and we are really not even two gens removed from the worst of it. IOW, a lot of the people impacted by this garbage are still with us and haven't forgotten. 

13 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Reread my post as i added to it.

I was able to read that and not hate myself. I must have some kind of magic powers. Maybe I can bottle and sell them in florida. 

15 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I suppose we could teach black people about the origins of the KKK, after all it is history, but the Democrat’s would feel discomfort and come up with a bill to prevent that for sure since they founded the group. 

I mean, haven't we been teaching this all along? I clearly remember learning about it in High School (the Dixiecrats), along with the "Know Nothings," nearly 30 yrs ago. I didn't even need therapy afterwards. There were even, gasp, black kids in my class at the time learning it as well. I would guess many of them are registered Democrats today despite the history.

5 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

You may have to expatriate.

New Mexico is looking pretty good.

Americans Mayor

DeSantis loves Freedom!

The New York Times: Judge Issues Stinging Free Speech Ruling Against University of Florida.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/21/us/florida-professors-free-speech.html

Hey, Florida is in good company. Up there in educational freedom with M-I-S-S-T-A-K-E.

Mississippi Today: Every Black Mississippi senator walked out as white colleagues voted to ban critical race theory.
https://mississippitoday.org/2022/01/21/every-black-mississippi-senator-walked-out-as-white-colleagues-voted-to-ban-critical-race-theory/

Hey, we got a good race going for worst "state for kids to learn " between Virginia and Florida. 

Soon, you will be able to sue your kid's school if the teacher recognizes the existence of the gays.

The Hill: House committee in Florida passes 'Don't Say Gay' bill | TheHill.
https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/590838-house-committee-in-florida-passes-dont-say-gay-bill

Not satisfied with that? Still smarting because your child believes that gay people are people too? Soon, books about the gays (oh noze,  the GAYs!!) Or with any of the gays in them will be pulled off the shelves.

The Hill: Florida Senate bill could ban books with LGBTQ+ characters from schools | TheHill.
https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/diversity-inclusion/591525-florida-senate-bill-could-ban-books-with-lgbtq

Neat!