Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 1/19/22 - SJSU@WYO, UNM@CSU - WHO YA GOT!

23 minutes ago, nirv117 said:

11:38 to play. Tied at 55.  No cover today. Can wyo get the win? 

soso-notbad.gif

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Wow... CBS announcers are sportin wood and  lovin on Roddy. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 minute ago, nirv117 said:

Won by more than I expected after letting them tie. 15 points is OK without Ike. 

Lol agreed. Got a little deja vu. We have a bad habit of letting SJSU end some pretty awful streaks. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

7 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Why is no one discussing this tied UNM vs. CSU game with 9 minutes left? Very surprised the Lobos have maintained contact all game... so far.

Quad 4 game for CSU.  A loss would not be good for them (obviously).

3 minutes ago, Pelado said:

Quad 4 game for CSU.  A loss would not be good for them (obviously).

Good thing we’re gonna win 

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

This UNM team is lousy. I don't see another win this season. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

5 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

This UNM team is lousy. I don't see another win this season. 

Dang man, UNM would have beat at least half the teams in the conference tonight. Lousy teams don't stay right with CSU all game on the road. If I was a Lobo fan I'd be pretty encouraged by their performance tonight.

4 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Dang man, UNM would have beat at least half the teams in the conference tonight. Lousy teams don't stay right with CSU all game on the road. If I was a Lobo fan I'd be pretty encouraged by their performance tonight.

This team has ZERO inside game. they played like they were scared of driving into the paint against them. Lobos were 2-4 from the line.  CSU went into the paint way to easy and they were 20-26 from the line. That's what won the game for them going away.

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

Rams were poor tonight. They won with talent, not effort or execution. I gave Coach Medved some crap after the game about the ball screen defense. He told me that the team’s attention to detail tonight was effin horrendous.

1 hour ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Is there a reason why Colorado State was playing in Boise State jerseys

State Pride uniforms. Based on the iconic Colorado flag which features Red (Granite), White (snow), Blue (sky), and Yellow (sun).

4289750F-5874-4A47-A238-FD492A5B45EA.jpeg

3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Rams were poor tonight. They won with talent, not effort or execution. I gave Coach Medved some crap after the game about the ball screen defense. He told me that the team’s attention to detail tonight was effin horrendous.

How much do you think the lineup had to do with that.  We certainly seem to be more talented with Jacobs in their right now, but there's a couple of years of chemistry on defense that he and Lake are trying to catch up on.  I really, really wish Thistlewood and Moore could get their shots back so we could roll back to the pre-Covid rotation that was kicking ass.

5 hours ago, Headbutt said:

How much do you think the lineup had to do with that.  We certainly seem to be more talented with Jacobs in their right now, but there's a couple of years of chemistry on defense that he and Lake are trying to catch up on.  I really, really wish Thistlewood and Moore could get their shots back so we could roll back to the pre-Covid rotation that was kicking ass.

Thistlewood and Moore are disappointing right now. Hard to believe how minimal their effect on the game is after seasons of 10ppg and 45% three-point shooting. Kendle is one of my favorite players but he was horrid last night.

I’m not sure what Coach is going to do with the lineup. But he and his staff have got to be considering a bit of a shake-up that involves both Jacobs and Lake.

On a side note, we did a Podcast on Ramnatiion.com with Jacobs the other day. It was an incredible 30 minutes. Chandler is the epitome of a selfless team player. His approach to life and basketball is so refreshing.