Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Apologies for the outage

On 1/19/2022 at 5:30 AM, retrofade said:

I have things resolved for now. 

Good on ya, retro, but this does bring into question jeff going dark out of the blue and letting the server bill expire. Hopefully he gets it taken care of, but his little thread in the non-sports forum raised some red flags for me a while back.

7 hours ago, son of a gun said:

Good on ya, retro, but this does bring into question jeff going dark out of the blue and letting the server bill expire. Hopefully he gets it taken care of, but his little thread in the non-sports forum raised some red flags for me a while back.

Read BFF on the non sports board 

18 hours ago, son of a gun said:

Yea like is he OK?

Should we be worried?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:30 AM, retrofade said:

I have things resolved for now. 

Give me a buzz if you will.  Thanks, buddy

I'd like to chat; I think you still have my number, yes?

To everyone else.  Keep it within the guidelines, and quit making personal implications about members personally, especially me...   Tanks guys.   I'm sure you might be capable of understanding.  Yep I'm still running. 

:bananasex:

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, Jeffkills said:

To everyone else.  Keep it within the guidelines, and quit making personal implications about members personally, especially me...   Tanks guys.   I'm sure you might be capable of understanding.  Yep I'm still running. 

I don’t think anybody made insinuations about you personally; nobody speculated about what you personally did/did not do. But they did question whether you’re positioned to run the board. This is not a personal attack, but since you took over, the board has been more unstable than it has ever been for a very long time. I think those are fair questions, and it’s fair for people that have visited and posted for 15+ years to wonder about the future of the board. 

2 hours ago, JADogs05 said:

I don’t think anybody made insinuations about you personally; nobody speculated about what you personally did/did not do. But they did question whether you’re positioned to run the board. This is not a personal attack, but since you took over, the board has been more unstable than it has ever been for a very long time. I think those are fair questions, and it’s fair for people that have visited and posted for 15+ years to wonder about the future of the board. 

Those are fine points, and I take them with the upmost sincerity. 

That said, I'll be taking additional precautions to ensure the forum doesn't experience any further downtime. 

It's funny.......  ....  SMH...

Don't worry, I'll be having things automated and upgraded here asap.   Hand in there MWC Boarders...  The forum will be up and running just fine for many years to come. 

New-Signature.jpg

What in the tom-phuckery is going on around here?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

4 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Glad you are still running. Had me/us worried about you

5 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

So you’re saying the Cowboy loss (especially that QB draw call) had nothing to do w the disruption? 😉😁

9 hours ago, dshawfan said:

So you’re saying the Cowboy loss (especially that QB draw call) had nothing to do w the disruption? 😉😁

Didn't even watch the game...

I only watched 2-3 games this year. 

New-Signature.jpg

On 1/19/2022 at 9:20 AM, smltwnrckr said:

Does this place have an absentee landlord?

Yes. It used to be a great crossroad of ideas and things.  Any some nutty stuff like TCU Robert IIRC.  A sock puppet.  A highly entertaining sock puppet.

Now it is just some other Boise fishing person over regulating.  Regulation will kill this wonderful crossroads really open things. 

I miss mug.  Jeff owns it all now, FWIW. 

Going forward, I highly recommend a formal new Forum.  The crossroads forum for we externals to really let our hair down, meanwhile always digging MWC matters much.  

And finally sell some advertising space on this website.  Gheesh.  I really do not know why this has not happened at all.  Sell.  I for one need some new funky brown shoes ankle up.  For starters.  Sell ad space with click bait. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

BTW, the A&M website is partially funded by local commercial interests.  As is the lazy UH website with its titty bar.  Who does it best?

TCU killer frogs as a member of Sports Illustrated online sports.  Wonderful props for TCU. 

Whomever is really in charge of this fine crossroads MWC board matters...

Word up, Elevate. And of course sell to keep it all sustainable.  Half breed Boise types need to hit the road.  Where is Jeff? 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

1 hour ago, Coog kev said:

I miss mug. 

@thelawlorfaithful disagrees.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, Coog kev said:

BTW, the A&M website is partially funded by local commercial interests.  As is the lazy UH website with its titty bar.  Who does it best?

TCU killer frogs as a member of Sports Illustrated online sports.  Wonderful props for TCU. 

Whomever is really in charge of this fine crossroads MWC board matters...

Word up, Elevate. And of course sell to keep it all sustainable.  Half breed Boise types need to hit the road.  Where is Jeff? 

Why do you care so much that there are ads here?  I've seen you mention it a few times.  If Jeff doesn't want to put ads on, what's the big deal?  It makes it a better place.