Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 1/17/22 - WYO@Nevada, UNLV@Sparty - WHO YA’ GOT?

12 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

If any combo of Thompson, DuSell, or Jeffries can get hot from three, the inside-out game with Maldo and Ike is nearly impossible to guard. 

Biggest threat is Ike getting in regular foul trouble.

You have to be able to guard them 1 on 1. If not, you're flecked. 

3 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

The "Maldonado point guard experience" is pretty cool until we're trying to hold onto a lead in the last 3 minutes. This team needs a Riley Grabau type to help close things out

It’s fine. Nevada is horrific this season. 

1 minute ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Haven't watched too many Pack games this year, but every time I see myself thinking they'll get things together by next game. That roster is too good to just be average this far into the year.

Some of Nevada’s players are turnips.  Really dumb. That Hymes three-ball in the second half is Nevada in a nutshell. And helping on Maldonado on the perimeter and leaving Jeffries open in the first half was really dumb. Maldonado a 30% shooter and Jeffries a 50% shooter.

4 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Border wars are gonna be electric. Should be close to sell-outs depending on weather

Ashley Olsen Patience GIF by Filmeditor

Rams will start coming close to selling out now that the students are back. The crowds have been running about 5k without student and 7k+ with the students. Moby capacity is down to 8k after they added the silly beer porch.

12 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Haven't watched too many Pack games this year, but every time I see myself thinking they'll get things together by next game. That roster is too good to just be average this far into the year.

They were terrible tonight. Wyoming didn't even play great, and won easily on the road. 

10 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Some of Nevada’s players are turnips.  Really dumb. That Hymes three-ball in the second half is Nevada in a nutshell. And helping on Maldonado on the perimeter and leaving Jeffries open in the first half was really dumb. Maldonado a 30% shooter and Jeffries a 50% shooter.

Linder is really good at getting decent players in a favorable position 

23 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

I don’t think they’ll be putting anything together. This is not a good team.

56 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Alford did a good job finding turnips in the portal.

Yeah. This. Blackshear and Baker don’t really serve any purpose. His freshmen recruits haven’t panned out at all, either. Nobody on this team, including Sherfield, seems to make anyone else better.