Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

DOWN GOES DALLAS!

1 minute ago, RSF said:

So they were consistently good with Dak, but he's mediocre.

Sure.  makes sense.

Yep.  That's what a generational football mind for a coach will do for you.

Take average talent and ability and put them in a position to do great.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yep.  That's what a generational football mind for a coach will do for you.

Take average talent and ability and put them in a position to do great.

Except the Cowboys were 'consistently good' with Dak and Jason Garrett (who has proven to be a less than stellar OC).

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Better with Moore.  Dak was on a poor trajectory prior to Moore coaching him up.  But not even Jesus could help that pathetic Ginger.  

Not really.  About the same.  But whatever makes you feel better.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

Not really.  About the same.  But whatever makes you feel better.

There is a reason why every expert in the business and around the league thinks Moore is one of the best minds in football.  Because he is.  But you know better, I am sure.

And yeah, better.  

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

There is a reason why every expert in the business and around the league thinks Moore is one of the best minds in football.  Because he is.  But you know better, I am sure.

And yeah, better.  

I dont claim to know or dont know.  I just know he is NOT universally lauded, despite what you try to convince yourself.  I dont blame you - he's one of yours.  You are blinded by that.  And he's getting roasted locally today, and not just because of yesterday.  He's young, and has potential.  But he's not the god you portray him as.  Sorry that hurts.

Watch it every week.  Not better.  That's under great discussion today as well.

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

I dont claim to know or dont know.  I just know he is NOT universally lauded, despite what you try to convince yourself.  I dont blame you - he's one of yours.  You are blinded by that.  And he's getting roasted locally today, and not just because of yesterday.  He's young, and has potential.  But he's not the god you portray him as.  Sorry that hurts.

Watch it every week.  Not better.  That's under great discussion today as well.

The only reason ET has not invaded earth is for fear of Kellen.  

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The only reason ET has not invaded earth is for fear of Kellen.  

Equinophobia?

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

Jerry's going to fire McCarthy and make Moore the coach. McCarthy's play calling has sucked from day 1.  Dak is no Aaron Rodgers. They're kinda like last years Nevada team. Look awesome against the lesser teams and suck it against the better teams.

Moore called the QB draw...McCarthy was on the headset and didn't disapprove or overrule him. Both are boneheads.

The whole organization is a joke. Listening to Romo call the game got me to thinking this is the future for Dak as well. Neither one is/was ever going to lead Dallas to a Super Bowl. Until the Jones's are willing to hire a coach that is not a yes man, this franchise will remain a bunch of underachievers. 

Just now, TrueAg said:

Moore called the QB draw...McCarthy was on the headset and didn't disapprove or overrule him. Both are boneheads.

The whole organization is a joke. Listening to Romo call the game got me to thinking this is the future for Dak as well. Neither one is/was ever going to lead Dallas to a Super Bowl. Until the Jones's are willing to hire a coach that is not a yes man, this franchise will remain a bunch of underachievers. 

I don’t think the Cowboys are a joke. The Cowboys just aren’t one of the elite teams in the league and they play in the chitty NFC East. This is the curse of Jerry Jones. He f’ed this up 25 years ago and is still not wise enough to get out of the way. That said, the Cowboy’s are worth $10 billion. He’s a hell of a businessman. 

2 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

chuckles....

Gotta love Stephen A!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

4 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Kellen Moore will take over as the Cowboys HC, a decision has been made!!!

He fits the profile of an NFL HC these days. Great offensive mind. Young. QB whisperer.

I think Dak is a good QB. I just don’t think he’s a QB that will be the reason the Cowboys win a Super Bowl. And every year he gets less mobile. And he’s already got the massive payday. 

7 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I don’t think the Cowboys are a joke. The Cowboys just aren’t one of the elite teams in the league and they play in the chitty NFC East. This is the curse of Jerry Jones. He f’ed this up 25 years ago and is still not wise enough to get out of the way. That said, the Cowboy’s are worth $10 billion. He’s a hell of a businessman. 

This is true....unfortunately I think that he and his family care more about that than putting a winning product on the field. There is nothing hard-nosed or gritty about this team and there hasn't been for 25 years. Going out and building a palace for his team to play in has made it a team full of princesses. Hiring one push over coach after another has allowed him and his sons to become far too involved in personnel and draft decisions. Players used to view the star on the helmet as something special and different than other organizations but now it's just another mediocre team that has a reputation for choking and underachieving.

I agree the Cowboys are not elite and have not been for a very long time. The NFC East? yeah, it has been down the last few years but it is still the most storied division in the NFL. I believe they still hold the most Super Bowl titles of any division and are also the only division in the NFL where every organization has won a SB.

7 minutes ago, Billings said:

Only Jones would build an NFL football field that sits East to West

Funny you should bring that up...

That's been a talking point on talk radio here since the day the place opened.  And yesterday it really bit them on the ass.

The orientation wouldnt be a problem...if they werent so stubborn about putting a GD curtain (hey look! another marketing opportunity!) there for the hr or so that the sun is an issue.  It's not like the windows (which are kinda cool) offer a a beautiful skyline view....unless you are into CiCi's pizza buffet and a Discount Tire store.  If it were N/S, you'd be looking at a Walmart.