Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

DOWN GOES DALLAS!

That was the weirdest ending to a game I’ve  seen in years! Not a Cowboys fan, but that’s a hard way to go down, after being given some life with the SF 1st down being moved back.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

20 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I'm just wondering if that was the play call or was that something Dak did on the go

Play call. McCarthy said they practice it every week. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

image.jpeg.2e273db3fc7b4557f5177d287389cc45.jpeg

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

image.jpeg.a6c2d9c46ebd156d50d16693bee61ae1.jpeg

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

2 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Had Dak handed the ball to the official they likely get the spike off in time.  

Yes they would have had about 2 seconds left. Announcers were saying the same thing that was when it was over. I mean the referee was hauling ass to get down there to.

7 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Play call. McCarthy said they practice it every week. 

Yes it was an issue he didn't hand it to the ref cause maybe if they did there would have been enough time to clock it. However it would have been darn close. He really should have just taken the 10 yards (not 17 he ended up with) and taking a knee (ie giving self up stopping the play). That means everyone (including the refs) get to the line quicker and they have time to clock the ball. Now granted the question is are the odds better with one play at the 30 yard line or two plays at the 40 (if they would have just throw it to the endzone instead of the QB keeper). Not sure of the answer. 

14 hours ago, Aggie84025 said:

The last play reminded me of the CSU late game blunder with time against USU.  What was Dallas thinking.  They had passed 3 times in a row with ease, why not do the same thing one more play and then set up 1-2 long pass plays from the 30.

Because the Niners went to a boundary defense to try to keep the Cowboys from getting out of bounds after three straight sideline completions. The middle of the field was wide open. I wasn't a fan of the call either but they could have executed it if Dak slid after 10 yards. Again, I think it was the wrong call but it was a counter to their defensive strategy.

I am not a Cowboys fan so I was happy to see them lose, even if that team is full of Broncos.

16 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

There’s only one thing to do, trade Kellen Moore to Jacksonville for 4 first round picks.  

Jerry's going to fire McCarthy and make Moore the coach. McCarthy's play calling has sucked from day 1.  Dak is no Aaron Rodgers. They're kinda like last years Nevada team. Look awesome against the lesser teams and suck it against the better teams.