Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

MWC MBB rank em

4 hours ago, Spot50B said:

To you I guess. They've been a bottom half team for most of a decade now. 

How old were you when UNLV was really good? Did you go to the games or did Grandpappy just tell you stories about the good 'ol days?

To any rational person, it is.

Sports Reference Stats:

Defense (opponenet Ortg):

#5 SDSU

#15 Boise

#30 Fresno

#73 Wyoming

#120 UNLV

#131 AFA

#137 Colorado State

#208 Utah State

#239 Nevada

#272 San Jose

#300 New Mexico

Offense (Ortg):

#11 Colorado State

#25 Wyoming

#51 Utah State

#118 Fresno

#168 Boise

#176 New Mexico

#179 UNLV

#180 Nevada

#211 SJSU

#294 SDSU

#318 AFA

So my opinion at this point:

Tier One

1. Wyoming

2. Boise

3. SDSU

4. CSU

Tier Two

5. Fresno

6. Utah State

7. Nevada

8. UNLV

Tier Three

9. AFA

10. New Mexico

11. SJSU

On 1/16/2022 at 8:05 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

Wyo is top 4. But definitely a notch or 2 below SDSU and CSU. 

Just threw up in my mouth.  CSU is never a notch or 2 above us.  Never.  U will see.  

just checked conference ratings.  As usual our bad basketball programs weigh us down.  Unlv San Jose state and AF are so bad every year.  Time to cut those programs.   They are bad

4 hours ago, slappy said:

Just threw up in my mouth.  CSU is never a notch or 2 above us.  Never.  U will see.  

just checked conference ratings.  As usual our bad basketball programs weigh us down.  Unlv San Jose state and AF are so bad every year.  Time to cut those programs.   They are bad

They’ve improved this year and will be better next year. Air Force has about ten freshmen and they are still competitive. Tim Miles is a good coach and will bring in better talent to SJSU. 

On 1/18/2022 at 1:11 AM, soupslam1 said:

They’ve improved this year and will be better next year. Air Force has about ten freshmen and they are still competitive. Tim Miles is a good coach and will bring in better talent to SJSU. 

Can you ever project a ‘next year’ anymore with the transfer portal? I suppose Air Force might be the exception because one would expect most recruits to stay there all 4 years.  

On 1/18/2022 at 12:11 AM, soupslam1 said:

That guy is an idiot.  UNLV is near the top in wins as a MW program.  New Mexico is much worse and neglected to mention them.

On 1/18/2022 at 1:11 AM, soupslam1 said:

Took AF against Boise last night.  19 points was way to much.  You are right.  They have some nice young players and do not have to worry about the xfr portal.  

not sure about SJ state and unlv.   Perennial losers.   

On 1/17/2022 at 3:05 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Sports Reference Stats:

Defense (opponenet Ortg):

#5 SDSU

#15 Boise

#30 Fresno

#73 Wyoming

#120 UNLV

#131 AFA

#137 Colorado State

#208 Utah State

#239 Nevada

#272 San Jose

#300 New Mexico

Offense (Ortg):

#11 Colorado State

#25 Wyoming

#51 Utah State

#118 Fresno

#168 Boise

#176 New Mexico

#179 UNLV

#180 Nevada

#211 SJSU

#294 SDSU

#318 AFA

So my opinion at this point:

Tier One

1. Wyoming

2. Boise

3. SDSU

4. CSU

Tier Two

5. Fresno

6. Utah State

7. Nevada

8. UNLV

Tier Three

9. AFA

10. New Mexico

11. SJSU

Strength of Schedule:

#52 SDSU

#62 USU

#79 WY

#95 BSU

#98 CSU

#109 FSU

#111 UNLV

1 hour ago, bnastyaztecs said:

Strength of Schedule:

#52 SDSU

#62 USU

#79 WY

#95 BSU

#98 CSU

#109 FSU

#111 UNLV

My how things have changed acheduling wise for USU once Stew retired. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

The fact that Southern Nevada and New Messico have been at the bottom end of the Conference for the last 7-8 (?) years is disturbing.

The mystique of the Pit and T&M have lost their luster. 

Those programs at one time were torch bearers for this Conference. In the eyes of many casual MW fans, the MW has lost it's B-ball luster.

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

The fact that Southern Nevada and New Messico have been at the bottom end of the Conference for the last 7-8 (?) years is disturbing.

The mystique of the Pit and T&M have lost their luster. 

Those programs at one time were torch bearers for this Conference. In the eyes of many casual MW fans, the MW has lost it's B-ball luster.

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

We're trying man. The road back to relevance after two bad coaching hires in a row is extremely tough. Noodles had to be hired or our entire team would have left, and Weir was the worst hire ever (but understandable at the time) and just took over where Noodles left off and ran us completely into the ground.

I like what I saw tonight against CSU. The players we have now are starting to grow up, but we aren't going to be stirring up the top of the MWC like we used to until we go out and get some bigs and our youth continues to mature. 

The MWC is pretty boring without UNM and UNLV though. Throw BYU into that conversation as well.

It's a giant snoozefest when programs like CSU, Boise, etc are carrying the torch for the conference. 

2 hours ago, TopLobo said:

We're trying man. The road back to relevance after two bad coaching hires in a row is extremely tough. Noodles had to be hired or our entire team would have left, and Weir was the worst hire ever (but understandable at the time) and just took over where Noodles left off and ran us completely into the ground.

I like what I saw tonight against CSU. The players we have now are starting to grow up, but we aren't going to be stirring up the top of the MWC like we used to until we go out and get some bigs and our youth continues to mature. 

The MWC is pretty boring without UNM and UNLV though. Throw BYU into that conversation as well.

It's a giant snoozefest when programs like CSU, Boise, etc are carrying the torch for the conference. 

F-ck byu*.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

11 hours ago, TopLobo said:

I think there might be one other torch out there somewhere…

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

5 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I think there might be one other torch out there somewhere…

He failed to mention the two most recent Kings.

#LivingInthePast

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Must suck to be a lobo (Rebel) fan.   So much past glory.  Now, so long ago.  

All summer they wait for midnight madness.   All football season they pine for hoops season.   Now, it's crystal meth all the time.

Personally, I don't find it boring that they get their turn in the toilet.    Nature of sport. 

Suck it up.    Demand better.   Someday maybe you'll be back.