Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BobcatGoldthwait

Kellen and Kirby Moore

This is probably better aimed at Boise fans.

As a Cowboys fan, I have been super impressed with Kellen Moore. It looks like he’s going to be a NFL HC very soon.

I’ve read that he was almost hired as the coach at BSU. Did he just decide he wanted an NFL job instead?

Is Kirby as well thought of in Boise? Regardless of what Kellen does, would Kirby Moore ever be considered for the BSU job if it came open?

Go Cowboys! 

32 minutes ago, BobcatGoldthwait said:

This is probably better aimed at Boise fans.

As a Cowboys fan, I have been super impressed with Kellen Moore. It looks like he’s going to be a NFL HC very soon.

I’ve read that he was almost hired as the coach at BSU. Did he just decide he wanted an NFL job instead?

Is Kirby as well thought of in Boise? Regardless of what Kellen does, would Kirby Moore ever be considered for the BSU job if it came open?

Go Cowboys! 

We could not come close to offering him what he was asking for, not just for himself, but for his assistant pool.

I think Kirby will be the HC of Fresno when Tedford retires.

Boise loves the Moore family.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We could not come close to offering him what he was asking for, not just for himself, but for his assistant pool.

That is honestly what I think the plan is also. I mean unless Kirby fails as an OC at Fresno which I am not expecting to happen. 

2022 with be year 6 for Kirby as a coach at Fresno so he is clearly part of the Fresno "coaching family" at this point. Plus the time frames kinda line up as I would be pretty surprised if Tedford coaches more than 5 years.  So Moore could potentially just stay as OC in Fresno that whole time and become a head coach in waiting that last year or two OR Moore could jump ship to be a Big-5 OC and then come back to be the Fresno head coach when Tedford retires. 

I mean I get a lot of stuff can happen so the overall odds Kirby is the next HC at Fresno aren't that high. However I would still give him better odds to be Fresno's next coach than anyone else. 

With regards to Kellen I have a hard time seeing him coming back to college. His name is being mentioned as HC in the NFL. Even if he is a terrible NFL head coach he will probably get a couple of cracks at it so it is probably at least 5-7 years down the line before he is written off as an NFL head coach. Then at that point he could just go back to being an NFL OC and make more than BSU could offer him as a head coach. Or he could always be a successful NFL head coach and stay in that role for 20-30 years until he retires. 

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

if Kirby is still at Fresno when Tedford retires yeah.  Otherwise that's probably Skipper or Franklin.

5 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

All of you are wrong. Kellen gets an NFL head coaching job and Kirby becomes his OC. Preferably in 2-3 years after both have a bit more experience. 

Would Kirby want to do that? I know some brothers would be fine with that setup but many would not (either want to go their own way or not wanting to either be your brother's boss or your brother underling). I know there was some crossover during their time as players at BSU but that is a completely different situation than working for your brother. 

2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Kirby has a good chance of getting a P5 OC offer after this year. Fresno offense should be a monster. 

But in a way that would put him in an even better position to take over when Tedford retires. Success as a Big-5 OC probably makes his resume look even better (and proves it wasn't just a case of being in Fresno at the right time). I still think Kirby has the best odds to replace Tedford. 

I believe Kellen and Julie still have a condo in Boise.  

But there’s no fcking way Kirby doesn’t follow Kellen if he gets a HC gig, even if he’s not named OC (which is likely to happen).  Fresno’s a shit hole, and their fans are the worst in the conference. 

Take @godogsgofor example.  

2 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

But there’s no fcking way Kirby doesn’t follow Kellen if he gets a HC gig, even if he’s not named OC (which is likely to happen).  Fresno’s a shit hole, and their fans are the worst in the conference. 

God gave you small hands for a reason. Don’t let it make you a bitter person. 

18 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

What is there to be bitter about?

My school isn’t located in the shittiest city in the MWC.   

Atta boy. 
Take your mind off of those childlike hands. You’ve said your dad has a lot of money, so you got that going for you. 

Moronic call by Moore at the end of the game 

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

1 minute ago, LoFasZz said:

Moronic call by Moore at the end of the game 

It was certainly a gamble call which I’m fine with taking a gamble, but if you’re going to run Dak like that in that situation you better damn well make sure he gets into the endzone or to the sidelines with time to spare.

3 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Dont drag me into this you racist shit

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648