Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

Todd “Dr. Pepper” Graham out at UH

I would like to personally thank Todd Graham for his role in helping Justus Tavai find his way to Montezuma Mesa.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 1/15/2022 at 12:08 AM, ShoichiKUN808 said:

He’s been seen on island recently and was at the Sony Open. Supposedly has said before he was vouching for Miano as HC if it came to that (before TG resigned). But who knows if a booster can convince him to enter the ring himself.

I guess if he is ready, but to me I don't know if he is but if they need a quick hire that could be the one

19 hours ago, Aggie84025 said:

Who do HAW fans hope to be hired as the new coach?

They best stay away from Timmy Chang.  He's still saying g'bye to his GFs in NoNV.

19 hours ago, BobcatGoldthwait said:

Hawaii should hire a passing guru to uphold the brand, imo. So I’d say,

Possible Hawaii Coaches:

Graham Harrell

Jeff Lebby 

Kendal Briles

Art Briles

June Jones 

WOW...40% of that list defended gang rapists.

Sounds like Timmy’s name is getting some traction as being the choice by those close to the program. But applicants are still taken. Also according to a news article by Hawaii’s beat writer some familiar names seemingly are interested. They all are RnS coaches or we’re on staffs that were

June Jones, Brian Smith, Rich Miano, Craig Stutzmann and Corey Batoon are expected to be applicants.”

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/01/16/sports/much-is-up-in-the-air-after-graham-leaves-uh-football/

17 minutes ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Well, if June Jones wants it, I would give it to him with a succession plan included. 

He should also be given a self driving vehicle like a Tesla so he doesn't drive off the road and crash. 

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

38 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Whats your thoughts on Timmy?

Depends on his staff but it does feel a bit soon though for such a big leap. He could bring in recently out of work guys like Brian Smith and maybe Craig Stutzman wants to upgrade after just accepting the OC position at Utah Tech(fmr. Dixie St) to the OC at Hawaii. 

Also wonder how he builds the rest of the staff. If Smith and Stutz come aboard as co-OC/RB and the co-OC/QB coach like they were with Rolo. Bunch of other positions to fill. WR, OL, DC, ST, etc. even if Timmy retains all the defensive guys like Abe(Safety), Yoro(LB), McCloud (CB), and VSC (DL).

Timmy also probably would bring someone he worked with at places like Nevada and elsewhere as well. I’d hope JJ or Miano get a position on the staff if Timmy is named. Someone that has a lot of experience.

the 2022 season is a wash anyways, so many transfers of starters due to Graham that committed/signed elsewhere, the graduating class graduating, and its nearing the end of recruiting season with not much signees. The next coach has a big rebuild on his hands no matter who is chosen

On 1/15/2022 at 10:57 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

According to Coaches Hot Seat, Brennan is making $850K and the articles have said Graham was making 800 even. Nobody ever hires a new HC without paying them not just the same but more money than their predecessor. I get that the COL in the islands is high but the same is true of living in the Bay Area. So what you heard may not be that much of a wildcard. 

Brennan makes $1.5 mil. He’s paid more than the SDSU coach. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 1/15/2022 at 11:08 AM, SAMO said:

damn ur really sad ur boy todd graham got fired...u defended him til the end...lol

where is ur god now?...lol

Couldn’t give two shits about Graham. I agreed he was a bad fit, just thought it was silly all the whining going on in Hawaii. They ran off a proven Coach and will end up with someone like Timmy Chang.  Maybe that needed to happen, but be careful what you wish for. Like I said, it’s likely to get worse before it gets better. 

My God? 
Get back to your buffet, SAMO. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

19 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

I see the appeal, especially after the Graham fiasco, but that is a big step up.  Potential to blow up in his and Hawaii's face.  He better have a great staff of veteran coaches.  

Matt Wells, for example, would be a massively better hire than Chang.

I'm not just talking about experience-wise. I'm also talking about hiring legacy QBs.  For every winner like Mike Gundy and Jeff Tedford there are more total duds like Tom Craft at SDSU, Scott Frost at Nebraska and Karl Dorrell at UCLA and at least as many guys like Jonathan Smith at Oregon State and Jim Harbaugh at Michigan who although not duds, fail to elevate the program beyond what it used to be.

10 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Matt Wells, for example, would be a massively better hire than Chang.

I'm not just talking about experience-wise. I'm also talking about hiring legacy QBs.  For every winner like Mike Gundy and Jeff Tedford there are more total duds like Tom Craft at SDSU, Scott Frost at Nebraska and Karl Dorrell at UCLA and at least as many guys like Jonathan Smith at Oregon State and Jim Harbaugh at Michigan who although not duds, fail to elevate the program beyond what it used to be.

Matt Wells could bring Yost. Wouldn’t be a terribly bad fit. 

Ya, read that.  The Toad be gone.  Rice, Tulsa, Pittsburgh, else, Hawai'i.  It is not likely the Toad gets resurrected in rehab Saban land.  Fortunately, Hawai'i has no buy out.  The Toad quit.  No buy out.  And no rehab colony Saban. 

Some high school in Montana may be a good fit for The Toad, assuming he can multitask with the kitchen ladies. 

I've always despised The Toad. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

Say no to Timmy Chang! 

“Coach Timmy” just doesn’t sound football. Maybe a tennis coach name.

seriously, unless he can pull in some quality experienced assistants, no way will he succeed. And Hawaii doesn’t pay assistants well, so there’s that.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.