Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

Honoring one of our own.

3 hours ago, crixus said:

Prayers going up! :) Think positive.

My biggest disappointment is that my current condition kept me from traveling to the CSU-SJSU game tomorrow. My wife and I had made plans to go when the game showed up on the schedule last summer because we really wanted to see Tim and Niko go at it. 

2 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

@Swoll Crackeris a fantastic poster on this board and I'm sorry to hear this. I lost my dad to colon cancer several years ago so know a lot of the crap he's dealing with right now. Good news is that at stage 3 it is definitely beatable, especially if they removed the primary tumor surgically. Sending you a bunch of positive energy to battle this Swoll...you have a whole community of sports weirdos and miscreants pulling hard for you to win this one 

So sorry to hear about your dad. I was one lymph node away from being categorized as Stage 2 which has a 90+% recovery rate. At Stage 3 I’m not that high but my oncologist has been very encouraged so far. We’ll know a lot more at the end of the month when they do some tests and a CT scan.

23 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Thanks Headbutt. And I thought I’d attach the Twitter link to the weekly radio segment I do where I talk about the Bigger Than Basketball event and my part in it.

I just wanted to see you get all the support possible.  I only have one question though...

Will Jalen Scott's jersey say Ivy or Cracker.  Both would be freaking cool!

11 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I just wanted to see you get all the support possible.  I only have one question though...

Will Jalen Scott's jersey say Ivy or Cracker.  Both would be freaking cool!

Ivy for sure.

4 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

My biggest disappointment is that my current condition kept me from traveling to the CSU-SJSU game tomorrow. My wife and I had made plans to go when the game showed up on the schedule last summer because we really wanted to see Tim and Niko go at it. 

Wish you could be there tomorrow!  You have mentioned many times how much you like Tim Miles. Hopefully you can enjoy it from home.  

Good luck Sir. Sending good vibes your way. 🙏🙏🙏. You got this. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

6 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Wish you could be there tomorrow!  You have mentioned many times how much you like Tim Miles. Hopefully you can enjoy it from home.  

Good luck Sir. Sending good vibes your way. 🙏🙏🙏. You got this. 

3 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

@Swoll Cracker your almost daily basketball threads are even more impressive now, knowing that you were doing those even while fighting through chemo. Much respect.

Some days were pretty tough but, to be honest, the threads really helped keep my energy level up and my mind focused on the right things.

3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

That’s awesome!

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

21 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I would typically refrain from putting someones personal information on the internet, but it's now public info as he put it in his blog and posted it on Ramnation.  SwollCracker is my favorite basketball pundit and I always look forward to reading his CrackersCollegeHoops basketball blog.  He knows and sees things in the game so well, that I always learn more.

I encourage you all to read the latest edition of his blog, which I've linked below.

Praying for you Swoll!

https://crackerscollegehoops.wordpress.com/2022/01/14/at-the-ripe-age-of-69-im-finally-going-to-make-a-d-1-hoops-roster/

Praying for him with you.  Sounds like a great program and a reason to smile and laugh in a tough time. 

Enjoy it @Swoll Cracker !

Congrats on making the team, Swoll. That’s a really cool thing they’re doing. Keep doing like you do, you never know how much good it does for others, but they know. And they all have your back. Let them be your bat.

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!“ Dr. Suess

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Damn don’t make like that, thought he kicked the bucket.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Wow, what an awesome story. I can’t remember the last time I read something on this board that got my eyes a little teared up. Swoll, you’re going to beat it because you got it early enough, you have great care and you’re getting tons of positive thoughts and prayers. Now I don’t even feel bad about your FB team becoming the CSU Wolf Pack (Wolf Pack is still 2 words though!!!) Someone needs to record that BB game because we’re all going to want to see it. Now go kick some cancer and BB ass!!

kat.jpg

Hey Swoll

I got a chance to talk with Medved briefly on Saturday.  What a good guy.  I wish the Spartans would have given the Rams a game (I think Miles was a bit embarrassed) but hopefully that comes about in the next few years and you are healthy to come to SJ next time. Good luck.  🙏🙏🙏

Go Rams!

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!