Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Crypto

$COIN on pullbacks although cautiously now that value is holding sway over growth.  Not into the cryptos a lot directly although I do have some BTC and ETHR.  I buy a little of those on pullbacks every week or two. Small change.  I’m more ETHR than BTC.

$COIN is also my pin action play on the NFTs.  I think it will be a key broker.   I like $PYPL as a less direct pin action play. 

I just can’t get into the main scene.  Biotechs are my main specs.

8 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Do you have any thoughts on youyang’s yolostocks.live? Wish he would have stuck with Covid modeling for a bit longer.

I look at it at times. but I’m not a momentum/short-term trader.  I do some swings, but I’m mostly a long-term fundamental investor.  

@youyanggu did a great service, but his last model shut down, and it felt like his projections would have missed the Delta wave. His “path to normality” was fvcked even before Omicron.  I would love to see how he views the last halv year and the near future?

Found out I had $30 something in my Pay Pal account & a long forgotten $17 something in a Draft Kings account .......so Draft Kings transfers to pay Pal, so I did that..........then noticed Pay Pal allows you to buy 4 various crypto things..........so end of story is that I bought $300 or so of BitCoin, LiteCoin, Erethium, & BitCoin Cash

And that $300 buy in is now worth around $220 !!! As every one of the 4 I bought tanked shortly after the purchase !! :waiting:

2 Chainz Pockets GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

57 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Found out I had $30 something in my Pay Pal account & a long forgotten $17 something in a Draft Kings account .......so Draft Kings transfers to pay Pal, so I did that..........then noticed Pay Pal allows you to buy 4 various crypto things..........so end of story is that I bought $300 or so of BitCoin, LiteCoin, Erethium, & BitCoin Cash

And that $300 buy in is now worth around $220 !!! As every one of the 4 I bought tanked shortly after the purchase !! :waiting:

2 Chainz Pockets GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

All crypto is down.  Market is too hot to stay down though.

11 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

All crypto is down.  Market is too hot to stay down though.

For the $300 i'm in for.......i'm not too concerned .........Right now I'll hold until it gets to $500 - then my hand will hover over the SELL buttons...........set a new bottom where I want to sell if it goes above $500 

BitCoin was in the $62,000 range when I bought - so it needs to peak & then go higher to any plus money 

Damn, the stock market is bad enough for Vegas play, crypto? Not for me. What a terrible marketing name for an industry. One thing I learned from consumer behavior courses in school is how the mind subconsciously picks up on words and sounds and assigns feelings towards them. Crypto sounds like crypts as in dead and death, there’s a rip (ryp) sound in there some might associate with getting ripped off or ripped as in criticism for getting involved in such an industry.
@soupslam  @bornontheblue

I would just call it happycamper, and everyone would think it was perfect. 😂😂👍

kat.jpg

22 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Damn, the stock market is bad enough for Vegas play, crypto? Not for me. What a terrible marketing name for an industry. One thing I learned from consumer behavior courses in school is how the mind subconsciously picks up on words and sounds and assigns feelings towards them. Crypto sounds like crypts as in dead and death, there’s a rip (ryp) sound in there some might associate with getting ripped off or ripped as in criticism for getting involved in such an industry.
@soupslam  @bornontheblue

I would just call it happycamper, and everyone would think it was perfect. 😂😂👍

297.jpeg

For some who might be interested, here is a 2018 MIT course on blockchain.  It's taught by Gary Gensler, who is now the chairman of the SEC.  Very interesting and not all that hard to follow.

https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/sloan-school-of-management/15-s12-blockchain-and-money-fall-2018/video-lectures/session-1-introduction/

Also, here is a short blockchain demo video... also fairly easy to follow.

On 1/13/2022 at 6:47 PM, grandjean87 said:

$COIN on pullbacks although cautiously now that value is holding sway over growth.  Not into the cryptos a lot directly although I do have some BTC and ETHR.  I buy a little of those on pullbacks every week or two. Small change.  I’m more ETHR than BTC.

$COIN is also my pin action play on the NFTs.  I think it will be a key broker.   I like $PYPL as a less direct pin action play. 

I just can’t get into the main scene.  Biotechs are my main specs.

Regarding the Biotechs, any insight on who's winning the Yamanaka regenerative medicine race? Altos labs? Calico? Listened to a podcast of heavy hitters and that field is supposed to be close to fruition.

2 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Regarding the Biotechs, any insight on who's winning the Yamanaka regenerative medicine race? Altos labs? Calico? Listened to a podcast of heavy hitters and that field is supposed to be close to fruition.

No on those.  There are so many.  So many indications to follow .

Field?