Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelRobert

Suggestions for new UNLV Director of Athletics

58 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I have no idea who ponied up for that promotion but I love it! Nike is most likely funding some or all of this. Most unique thing I’ve seen to stimulate student attendance, ever. New AD even.

2 hours ago, 702Canary said:

Look at the winning % of UNLV coaches and compare.  You are being totally disingenous and like most of the trolls who come to UNLV football threads to flame the program, you don't have a fckn clue what you are talking about.  Horton's last 0-fer team (the year before we hired JROB) was perhaps the worst college football team ever put on a D1 field.  The starting QB was our backup on our intramural team.  My 5'9 230lb suitemate in the dorms got snaps at TE. 

Riddle me this since you know everything about UNLV football.  Why can't we win in the entertainment capital of the world?  Could it be because we have an athletic dept. that continually goes on the cheap on the #1 sport that funds all the other sports? 

oh please!!!  JRob didn't fulfill his destiny at unlv because he was made AD?  GTFO!!!  The incredible talent you talk of had one season with 8 wins and the rest of JRob's time that talent could barely reach 4 wins.  Like I said, same result and get your meds adjusted.

On 1/12/2022 at 9:53 PM, RebelRobert said:

Suggestions for new UNLV AD Erick Harper:

3.      Once new Basketball Arena is completed, knock down T&M, Cox Arena & Mendenhall. DEMOLISH THEM! Build a new On-Campus Football Stadium where T&M was located.  Look at what Colorado State and San Diego State did and do it better. UNLV Football will never be #1 in the country unless we have our own On-Campus Football Stadium.  This is a priority that can’t be ignored. Allegiant is a nice temporary home until we get our new On-Campus stadium but it is not for us long term.

Well, you got one thing right...

10.   Dr. Pepper at all UNLV Athletics events or send me an email stating I can bring my own into the Stadium/Arena.

Grow up.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

22 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

21 hours ago, quickdraw said:

I have no idea who ponied up for that promotion but I love it! Nike is most likely funding some or all of this. Most unique thing I’ve seen to stimulate student attendance, ever. New AD even.

Meanwhile, somewhere in China a whip is being cracked just over the heads hunched over workbenches...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

21 hours ago, DobyZhee said:

Nike made a “UNLV” shoe. As irrelevant as we are these days, we are still honored by evil Nike. 

I’m old so I remember this. So you think Nike gives away shoes for historical reasons? I still don’t get what’s in this for Nike?

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

I agree with @RebelRobertabout demolishing the T&M.  A smaller venue would feel more intimate and create a better home court atmosphere.

Just move the men's games to the Cox Pavilion if you want cozy.  

I'm sure the T&M brings UNLV a lot of money from other events like the rodeo.  Money I'm sure your athletic department needs.  Tearing it down would be insane.

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

On 1/13/2022 at 12:55 PM, Old_Sparty1857 said:

I would suggest UNLV get their own message board to discuss these things there. While the UNLV fans here are sometimes unwittingly funny, they need to take the crazy to their own site. 

Or, just don't click on it.

The owner of this board needs UNLV fans/threads, probably more than any other school here. We provide the clicks, lol.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

I agree with @RebelRobertabout demolishing the T&M.  A smaller venue would feel more intimate and create a better home court atmosphere.

No, we do not want a smaller venue, we want to fill up the one we've got. Playing some decent basketball again would make that happen, but that crap we had last year, and the 5+ years before that, with covid this year, has pretty much emptied out the T&M, FOR NOW. Lon got attendance back up to 15-16,000 by winning, THAT is what it will take, and yes, it can be done. Just look at attendance at the Knights games to see that Vegas loves their winners. There's enough to go around.

1 minute ago, 4UNLV said:

No, we do not want a smaller venue, we want to fill up the one we've got. Playing some decent basketball again would make that happen, but that crap we had last year, and the 5+ years before that, with covid this year, has pretty much emptied out the T&M, FOR NOW. Lon got attendance back up to 15-16,000 by winning, THAT is what it will take, and yes, it can be done. Just look at attendance at the Knights games to see that Vegas loves their winners. There's enough to go around.

The T&M holds 18,500, I believe.  Even Lon Kruger and Dave Rice in the first two years couldn’t sell out the arena.

35 minutes ago, SpaceForced said:

Just move the men's games to the Cox Pavilion if you want cozy.  

I'm sure the T&M brings UNLV a lot of money from other events like the rodeo.  Money I'm sure your athletic department needs.  Tearing it down would be insane.

The rodeo might be the one event that keeps the T&M around............lot's of space for the stock and all the feeds and materials that go with the rodeo set up 

11 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

The T&M holds 18,500, I believe.  Even Lon Kruger and Dave Rice in the first two years couldn’t sell out the arena.

T&M capacity was reduced some to close to 18,000 with last round of renovations and upgrades - The old max capacity was 18,500 when the top few rows were benches - Then they cut some seating off at the ends 

Basketball has the highest capacity because the seats can go all the way down - Think the Rodeo capacity is low 17,000 something 

So a guy that hasn’t been in the T&M in such a long time to not even know if we still do the fireworks or red carpet says to tear down 3 prime facilities, in fact all of the basketball facilities, and people take any of that seriously? 

Wow, you guys need to go outside, without a mask on, and start taking deep breaths until the oxygen returns to your brain.