Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fanhood

I love California!

2 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

Be interesting to see if they go through with it.  Vermont passed this too and after analysis found it was too expensive to implement without some less than palatable tax increases. 

I wonder whether medical expenses have gotten so out of control in the US that it’s now extremely difficult to craft universal insurance policies without massive cost. 

or maybe we just spend too much on nukes and guns. 

7 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

I wonder whether medical expenses have gotten so out of control in the US that it’s now extremely difficult to craft universal insurance policies without massive cost. 

Not sure. I haven't really had any major medical expenses aside from the birth of my two kids. And my employer made the decision to pay 100% of our premiums this year.  I know my wife's hospital group has been slashing costs right and left because Medicare reimbursements were projected to fall to around 50% in the next 5 years. 

11 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

C'mon man, you can't ever put a price on deadly important things like nukes!!!!

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

They’re approaching it from healthcare is a right perspective, who cares what it costs. 

Only so many tax dollars you can collect though, regardless of the percentage. Have to consider cost at some point.

2 hours ago, RagingBulldog said:

newsompose02.jpg

He makes, um, questionable decisions. He's also been pampered his entire life, detached from real world experiences having been raised in a political aristocracy and given a chosen path golden brick road to political leadership. Not a fan, but we've also had worse. The right thinks he's the devil because that's just their shtick now. Literally anyone who is a political opponent is the devil. They have successfully caricatured themselves into being the waterboy's mama.

I think he’s intensely disliked on a personal level by most voters here. I’ve never seen anybody talk about him in his personal capacity in glowing terms. But the recall vote demonstrated that most Californians have put that aside and approve of his policies. I’m tangentially involved in the nonprofit space in my off time and it seems like his administration is really flexible and open to innovation when it comes to issues like health. IMO he’s better than any stereotype you could have put together. A spoiled and vaguely sleazy aristocratic technocrat. 

3 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

I think he’s intensely disliked on a personal level by most voters here. I’ve never seen anybody talk about him in his personal capacity in glowing terms. But the recall vote demonstrated that most Californians have put that aside and approve of his policies. I’m tangentially involved in the nonprofit space in my off time and it seems like his administration is really flexible and open to innovation when it comes to issues like health. IMO he’s better than any stereotype you could have put together. A spoiled and vaguely sleazy aristocratic technocrat. 

Sounds kind of like our last president from a GOP voter’s perspective 

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

C'mon man, you can't ever put a price on deadly important things like nukes!!!!

I took an arms control class in undergrad just because it sounded cool and it did not disappoint.

We are lowkey hilarious as a nation. Despite having the capacity to destroy the world several times over we dumped billions and billions more into our arms programs because intelligence services thought the soviets had more missiles than us. 

We also spent 30+ years trying to get Soviet strategists that the best way to prevent nuclear war is to take no precautions against it and simply ensure mutually assured destruction. As soon as Soviet generals signaled agreement, we started building Star Wars. 

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I mean, except for the part where the last president was voted out of office because people didn't like him. 

Try again.

Newsom shows Democrat’s don’t care what a shithead their leader is, just so he’s a Democrat. 

Just now, soupslam1 said:

It just shows Democrat’s don’t care what a shithead their leader is, just so he’s a Democrat. 

So is that why you and others voted for Trump? Because he's a Republican? 

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It just shows Democrat’s don’t care what a shit head their leader is, just so he’s a Democrat. 

And there goes another irony meter....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I am not sure what the difference would be. But the 2.3% gross income tax is a really stupid idea. My state is insane too, but the opposite way. We want the federal government to turn over all the federal land to us so they can mine and log the shit out of it. 

And sell it off to rich out of state interests or new money, new to state residents.  

47 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Sounds kind of like our last president from a GOP voter’s perspective 

Not sure if that's true. In my family it's more like 75/25 love/hate him, but they are pretty hardcore Republicans. They listen to conservative radio and watch Newsmax/OAN, and a couple of the worse shows on Fox.

2 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I regularly walk in and walk out with one item or two... mostly, in my Costco they sell these rawhide/bull stick combo chews that my dog loves and that you can't get anywhere else. The checkers there are so efficient, even long lines don't take as long as some of the local supermarkets. 

Sometimes I go just to pick up a Chicken and a case of vitarain or body armor.  

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sometimes I go just to pick up a Chicken and a case of vitarain or body armor.  

I used to go for just the turkey and avocado paninis, but those bastards stopped making them.

4 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Yes, there are enough “Fesno’s a shit hole” threads on the sports forum.   

Id ask the mods to move your stupidity off the board altogether, but they seem more interested in protecting you. I’d rather have a sports board free of the stupidity. But alas we have you and the San Jose State knuckleheads to fill the board with crap.  

and yes, stupidity also includes racist posts

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

54 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

I used to go for just the turkey and avocado paninis, but those bastards stopped making them.

I loved the barbecue sandwiches, turkey pannini sandwiches, and organic hamburgers.  They even got rid of the polish dogs.  Not much to choose from anymore.  I wouldn't care if they just shut it down.

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

6 hours ago, fanhood said:

The Democrat super majority is looking to provide universal healthcare to all people in California, to include illegal aliens. The legislation will cost about $2.4 Billion per year. This will equate to ~$12,500 per year to taxpayers. The mean income in CA is around $81k.

The top marginal tax rate will be increased to 18%. Households making ~$150k will be taxed at 12%.

Also, each business will be taxed at 2.3% of gross income.

Once the proposal passes the Legislature, it will go to a direct vote, as is standard in CA.

Conservative Bulldogs, Spartans, and Aztecs, get out while you still can. CA will eventually do us all a favor a leave the Union at some point in the our lifetimes. God bless!

Funny. You didn't mention anything about the State's $45.7 billion-dollar surplus. But keep going.