Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 1/12/22 - USU@CSU, BSU@Nevada - WHO YA’ GOT?

18 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Nah, it's just not like you. I appreciate your opinion of the team. We're not sold on them either. Gaining confidence, though. If Shaver can step up to be the guy and Max pulls his head outta his ass and can hit some shots, I'd feel really good about this team. That's not very much to hope for. Very attainable. 

Shaver is quickly becoming your go to guy.

On 1/13/2022 at 8:19 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Where have any of our fans implied that lol?

18 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You know I love you, but I just have not seen any Boise fan be cocky about our team this year.  Last year?  Sure.  This year?  I have seen like a few think top 4 or even 3 is likely but not a single one on this board has said we are going to win the conference lol.  The most optimistic I have seen here or elsewhere is hoping we can sneak into the dance as a third MWC team.  

I didn't ever say your fans SAID you're going to win the conference, I specifically said implied, for a reason. Such as the below. It wasn't even supposed to be a big deal, but it seems to have become one, and Boise very well could win the conference. But I agree that maybe 3 or 4 behind the Aztecs, and CSU.

13 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ll put our starting five against anyone in the MWC, but I’m still not sold on our depth. Playing 6 or 7 guys is going to take a toll especially with so many games jammed together because of Covid cancellations. We need to work Kuzmanovic and Milner into the lineup more. Even for 5 minutes would really help. I believe Milner did get some minutes against Nevada. 

5 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I agree on the starting five. I wouldn't swap straight across with any team in the conference. 

Regarding depth, it's not ideal, but Muss ruled the conference for a hot minute only playing 6 or 7 guys. CSU almost won the conference when they only had 7 guys in the team. Boise has been finishing strong with a short bench. I don't know if it's as big a deal as we're making it out to be. 

These two above are not a bad thing by any stretch, fans SHOULD be happy with and optimistic regarding their team, but they do make my point in 'implied' (and yes, I realize depth counts, but most teams are playing about 7 right now). We have a couple of crazy rebel fans who always SAY things way more 'optimistic', lol. My apologies for mentioning it. Good luck in your games, I do hope you do well. And nice beatdown of Reno the other night.

2 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Shaver is quickly becoming your go to guy.

Going into the season, I thought he would be that guy. He started out ok, but he's really coming into his own lately. Playing with a lot of confidence right now. 

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

I didn't ever say your fans SAID you're going to win the conference, I specifically said implied, for a reason. Such as the below. It wasn't even supposed to be a big deal, but it seems to have become one, and Boise very well could win the conference. But I agree that maybe 3 or 4 behind the Aztecs, and CSU.

These two above are not a bad thing by any stretch, fans SHOULD be happy with and optimistic regarding their team, but they do make my point in 'implied' (and yes, I realize depth counts, but most teams are playing about 7 right now). We have a couple of crazy rebel fans who always SAY things way more 'optimistic', lol. My apologies for mentioning it. Good luck in your games, I do hope you do well. And nice beatdown of Reno the other night.

couple? 

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

couple? 

Yes, Rebels 18, which is solely for entertainment, he knows exactly what's up, and Rebel Robert, who is, well, rebel robert. I would include Ph, but i'm not sure if he knows any better. I'm not sure there is one other rebel fan who is making any claim about UNLV. But I'm sure there are, there are a lot of rebs on this board.

And anyway, this was about Boise, don't be hijacking, lol.

1 minute ago, 4UNLV said:

Yes, Rebels 18, which is solely for entertainment, he knows exactly what's up, and Rebel Robert, who is, well, rebel robert. I would include Ph, but i'm not sure if he knows any better. I don't think there is one other rebel fan who is making any claim about UNLV.

And anyway, this was about Boise, don't be hijacking, lol.

False. I think it's you and the dude who posts the game day info as the "reasonable/rational" UNLV fans. The rest are my reality TV guilty pleasures. 

41 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

False. I think it's you and the dude who posts the game day info as the "reasonable/rational" UNLV fans. The rest are my reality TV guilty pleasures. 

Nah, there are a ton of reasonable rebel fans, like @toonkee, @quickdraw, @SharkTanked , @VincentVegaBond and many others besides @UNLV2001. When was the last time you saw anyone besides the couple I mentioned in the post above talking about winning the conference? Or even top third? Now give us a couple years till we can see that (if) Kevin can coach, then the gloves are off. We'll show y'all how it's done. Guaranteed. We'll give back what we've been taking 10x over, lol, and it will not be pretty. (BTW, the rebs are already better than what they've been in the last 5 years, at least. Just sayin. But that's not saying much. :P)

27 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Nah, there are a ton of reasonable rebel fans, like @toonkee, @quickdraw, @SharkTanked , @VincentVegaBond and many others besides @UNLV2001. When was the last time you saw anyone besides the couple I mentioned in the post above talking about winning the conference? Or even top third? Now give us a couple years till we can see that (if) Kevin can coach, then the gloves are off. We'll show y'all how it's done. Guaranteed. We'll give back what we've been taking 10x over, lol, it will not be pretty. (BTW, the rebs are already better than what they've been in the last 5 years, at least. Just sayin. But that's not saying much. :P)

Never heard of' em. Y'all look the same to me. 

On 1/13/2022 at 8:31 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

My excitement or rather curiosity comes from how different this team is in makeup than other Rice teams.  

To respond like they have since Doutrive's departure says a lot about the mental makeup of this team as well as Rice. Instead of wilting, they became sharper. 

On 1/13/2022 at 9:50 PM, kingpotato said:

Yeah, it's definitely very different. I think that's where the optimism/reluctancy comes from. It's a wait and see how it plays out. 

Right now, Boise's in a good place.  They have nice ooc wins.  They rolled Nevada.  They just have to tread water during this four games in seven days stretch.