Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 1/12/22 - USU@CSU, BSU@Nevada - WHO YA’ GOT?

I’m so happy that I get to see a game tonight (fingers crossed for Utah State). I havent been in Moby in 39 days due to scheduling and some personal health reasons (I missed the AFA game last week). This is a huge game for CSU and the first of a very favorable six-game schedule that will be critical to any regular season conference hopes. After the Twilight Zone debacle in Viejas, I expect to see a response out of the Rams. You know I wont bet them.

As for Boise-Nevada, two teams coming off COVID pauses. Who knows what players were affected in the worst way? I think it’ll be a really competitive game and I give a small edge to the home team. But I think the bet tonight is the Under of 139.5.

USU has a couple bad losses on the resume.  They have decent wins to offset them, but taking down CSU would be a biggie.

There’s a couple of good bets on tonight’s games. First, I think CSU returns to form and covers the 4.5 spread at home easily. They will be highly motivated to show the SDSU ass kicking was an anomaly. The Ram guards are much better than the Aggie guards although Horvath and Bean could give the Rams problems down low. The Roddy and Bean show will be worth the price of admission. They are the two best players in the MWC. 

Second the under on the Nevada-Boise State game is a gimme. Boise State hasn’t allowed a team to score above 60 in their last seven games, Boise State is offensively challenged, and both teams are coming off a pause in the schedule. I think the Broncos also win and cover although it’s going to be a dogfight. The Broncos need to find a way to slow down Sherfield and Cambridge who killed them last year. 

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

As for Boise-Nevada, two teams coming off COVID pauses. Who knows what players were affected in the worst way?

Leon Rice said most of the team was affected before the Wyoming (cancelled) game on January 1st.  Pregame meal sounded like a hospital ER according to Rice.

We had some tough days,” Rice said. “We had a lot of guys in this program that had some tough days for them to get through. It was real. But I think we’re on the other side of that. Each day we get a little better as a group and everybody is feeling better.”

The Broncos returned to team activities last Friday and had their fourth straight day of practice on Monday. They’ll practice Tuesday before boarding a flight for Reno – assuming they get word that the Wolf Pack are good to go also. 

“The way they are bouncing around and their enthusiasm – all that looks great,” Rice said.

Rice said the Broncos are “real close” to having the full roster available to play on Wednesday. He also voiced optimism the Broncos won’t have to deal with future pauses this season due to the large number of positives. 

https://www.bronconationnews.com/after-being-hit-hard-by-covid-broncos-eager-to-return-to-action-wednesday-at-nevada/

I'm not sure anything worse could have happened for the Aggies leading up to the game tonight in Fort Collins. CSU getting smashed in SD does not bode well for an Aggie team that is going to be limping into this one. Bean is playing hurt (heavily taped ankle), Miller has been sitting out (back issues), Bairstow has been in and out (broken wrist & dislocated/cut finger), and Rylan Jones got leveled in NM (ribs - which he has broken before) and will probably need to play limited minutes if at all.

At this point the Aggies are a not anywhere near the team they were in Myrtle Beach. The Rams will be pissed off and they will be pumped up for this one because they will build it up as a big match up. Truth is USU is a middle of the MWC team at best this year. I could see Aggies losing by 20. Bet it all on CSU to cover with ease.

3 hours ago, TrueAg said:

I'm not sure anything worse could have happened for the Aggies leading up to the game tonight in Fort Collins. CSU getting smashed in SD does not bode well for an Aggie team that is going to be limping into this one. Bean is playing hurt (heavily taped ankle), Miller has been sitting out (back issues), Bairstow has been in and out (broken wrist & dislocated/cut finger), and Rylan Jones got leveled in NM (ribs - which he has broken before) and will probably need to play limited minutes if at all.

At this point the Aggies are a not anywhere near the team they were in Myrtle Beach. The Rams will be pissed off and they will be pumped up for this one because they will build it up as a big match up. Truth is USU is a middle of the MWC team at best this year. I could see Aggies losing by 20. Bet it all on CSU to cover with ease.

I agree, this will be truly tough for the Aggies to cover the spread let alone win.  I still have hope that they can, but certainly if i were betting would put the money on CSU.   The Aggies need to shoot the 3 better than they have.  USU dominated the paint against NM, but with Roddy, Moors and Dischon they will not dominate the paint against CSU.  Here is to a good game.

6 hours ago, Bob said:

Can both CSU and USU lose tonight? please?

Bob's kinda weird.  Probably AFA's best win of the season came in Logan, and he wants USU to lose.  Seriously?  Does he really not know how this works?

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

9 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I’m so happy that I get to see a game tonight (fingers crossed for Utah State). I havent been in Moby in 39 days due to scheduling and some personal health reasons (I missed the AFA game last week). This is a huge game for CSU and the first of a very favorable six-game schedule that will be critical to any regular season conference hopes. After the Twilight Zone debacle in Viejas, I expect to see a response out of the Rams. You know I wont bet them.

As for Boise-Nevada, two teams coming off COVID pauses. Who knows what players were affected in the worst way? I think it’ll be a really competitive game and I give a small edge to the home team. But I think the bet tonight is the Under of 139.5.

Yeah, I'm expecting an ugly game against UNR

3 hours ago, fbpack said:

Nevada is 11-1 against Boise in the last 12 games they refer to us as daddy. Take Nevada free money 

Yep, they've had Boise's number recently. Mostly, they've just had better teams, but last year was inexcusable. 

9 hours ago, Bob said:

Can both CSU and USU lose tonight? please?

I’ve always wondered- whwre does your disdain for USU come from? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Aggies struggling to score which has been an issue as of late.  I really hate the double down on defense in the paint the Aggies are doing.  At least give your player a possession or 2 to see if they can guard 1 on 1. Instead they are doubling down almost every time which leaves CSU wide open for 3's.  It is not a recipe for success against a really good shooting team in CSU.