Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

PETA: Fauci Funds Absurd Experiment to Try to Make Male Monkeys Transgender

I think we’re getting to a point…..if animal is going to be used in an experiment and it does them harm and they suffer, it better be for something dramatic that’s going to save the world. Otherwise, I think we should ban animals being used that are larger than a mouse. Just use convicted pedophiles, murderers on death row that have been convicted with DNA, etc. because these are animals we don’t want or need. 

https://www.peta.org/blog/government-funded-hiv-experiment-monkeys-wont-help-transgender-women/

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I think we’re getting to a point…..if animal is going to be used in an experiment and it does them harm and they suffer, it better be for something dramatic that’s going to save the world. Otherwise, I think we should ban animals being used that are larger than a mouse. Just use convicted pedophiles, murderers on death row that have been convicted with DNA, etc. because these are animals we don’t want or need. 

https://www.peta.org/blog/government-funded-hiv-experiment-monkeys-wont-help-transgender-women/

Why is that absurd

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Screenshot_20220112-065008_Facebook.jpg

Heck no I wouldnt eat it.

Its 4 +++++ing years old....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

19 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

If you read the article and you don’t think it’s absurd:

1. I’m not surprised at all. 

2. You are therefore a part of the problem as a voter.

3. I rest my case that you are absurd. 

So why do you think it is absurd?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

6 hours ago, tspoke said:

Lots leaps of judgement there. Wasn't a biased article at all pushing an agenda. Good to know Convert supports PETA. Did not see that coming. 

I post PETA articles from time to time. They do some really good work. The problem with PETA is that they waste some of their resources on really extreme issues such as being against fishing and concerned about the feelings of fish. Granted you shouldn’t torture a fish, but there are bigger fish to fry out there such as rampant abuse of livestock, horses, dogs, cats, etc. that I think most people would find more important to spend resources on. 

That’s why I’ve never donated to PETA because other groups that do focus on more worthy issues don’t waste their money. So I give to them. But PETA has done great work in other countries like China and have established solid groups of animal rights activists there. Every year there’s a huge dog and cat eating festival in a part of China.

Dogs and cats are stolen from owners, they’re gathered up and stuffed into large flat cages and stacked on trucks. When they get to the slaughterhouse, they throw the cages down 20’ to 30’. Some of the dogs and cats break their legs and they vocalize the agony. Then they skin them alive and throw them in boiling water. I’ve seen plenty of these videos and it’s probably the hardest video I’ve ever had to view, and I’ve seen a lot of gruesome things over the years. Each season they do this to at least 10,000 dogs and 10,000 cats. 

PETA will intercept a few of the many trucks going to the slaughterhouse, pay off the driver to hand over all the animals, and then they find them homes. 

kat.jpg

Just now, happycamper said:

So why do you think it is absurd?

I agree with PETA as to why it’s absurd. Read the article. You have this bizarre obsession with anything transgender, so I know why it’s triggering you. Why do you think I troll you with ‘happytranny’ from time to time? 

kat.jpg

I agree with PETA as to why it’s absurd. Read the article.

Yeah I looked at the article.  Why is it absurd?

You have this bizarre obsession with anything transgender, so I know why it’s triggering you. Why do you think I troll you with ‘happytranny’ from time to time? 

Because you're a stupid asshole

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yeah I looked at the article.  Why is it absurd?

Because you're a stupid asshole

I do think the broader point is valid.  We use monkeys and apes for some research in ways that are questionable.  The drug and addiction studies always bothered me.  Much of that was stopped under Obama, though.  

Not sure hormone therapy for AIDS research is really one that bothers me.  A few months after the research and the monkeys will be back to normal.  Some research with monkeys/apes is and has been very ethically questionable.  This does not really fit that bill.  

It's a moral dilemma.  Transgenic apes provide a better vehicle for much research due to genomics, but the line of morality has historically and in many places still today this is crossed.  

24 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I do think the broader point is valid.  We use monkeys and apes for some research in ways that are questionable.  The drug and addiction studies always bothered me.  Much of that was stopped under Obama, though.  

Not sure hormone therapy for AIDS research is really one that bothers me.  A few months after the research and the monkeys will be back to normal.  Some research with monkeys/apes is and has been very ethically questionable.  This does not really fit that bill.  

It's a moral dilemma.  Transgenic apes provide a better vehicle for much research due to genomics, but the line of morality has historically and in many places still today this is crossed.  

Use people if it’s not harmful. You didn’t read the article obviously.

kat.jpg

1 minute ago, Nevada Convert said:

Use people if it’s not harmful. You didn’t read the article obviously.

Yes, I read the article.  And no, hormone therapy has been proven not to be "harmful".  We have seen this in millions of humans already.

PETA is filled with idiots, and nothing but idiots.  

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Oh, I dont know.

I always liked Sarah McLachan...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

19 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes, I read the article.  And no, hormone therapy has been proven not to be "harmful".  We have seen this in millions of humans already.

Of course there’s lots of idiots in PETA, but that doesn’t mean they’re wrong about everything. Maybe you can explain why this exercise in utter stupidity accomplishes anything other than make an animals existence in a tiny steel cage total shit. 

Strange bedfellows, but the President of PETA make additional points you probably wouldn’t care about anyway in this video:

kat.jpg