Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Mountain West Softball 2022

Boise State, in their latest announcement, have finally added former Oklahoma starter Alycia Flores to the Boise State softball team.  Ever since her older sister (Eliyah Flores) was added to the roster last summer I have been wondering why her sister wasn't also added as well.  Oh well - she is now officially on the Boise State 2022 Softball team as of this announcement:

https://broncosports.com/news/2022/1/7/boise-state-softball-adds-transfer.aspx

And here is her stats page for her 2020 season at Oklahoma:

https://soonersports.com/sports/softball/roster/alycia-flores/13756

She and her sister (both) did not play at all for Oklahoma in 2021 and I believe they announced that they would be transferring elsewhere about this time last year.

P.S. I think it's a fairly safe bet that Alycia will be starting for Boise State in either Left or Right field this season.  And her sister Eliyah MAY be the starter at 3B this season.

P.P.S. With the development of the newly created Bronco Nation News website by now former Press Tribune sportswriter B. J. Rains there is now a FORUM for discussing Boise State softball (and other sports aside from Football & Basketball).  For those Boise State fans who are interested that new forum is located here under "Other Boise State Sports" :

https://www.bronconationnews.com/message-boards/

Looks like UCSB joined the Mountain West this year.    Split with USU, still have two home games with both Boise and UNM, and a roadie at Fresno.

On 2/28/2022 at 9:57 AM, Maynard Delecto said:

SJS went 5-0 vs their opponents at Silicon Valley Classic I this weekend, to improve to 9-5 overall.

Still no word on how that team that plays at Margie Wright Diamond is doing? Weird...

Maytard, you must be giddy right now. I don’t follow softball but I’m sure you know Fresno State is terrible. I just saw we are 1-12 so far. Soon to be 1-13 as they play #6 UCLA next. 

I’ve read that the players are pissed at one of their own getting their Coach fired last year. I don’t know what the story is but something is up. 
Anyway, enjoy. 

5 hours ago, Cincy said:

Maytard, you must be giddy right now. I don’t follow softball but I’m sure you know Fresno State is terrible. I just saw we are 1-12 so far. Soon to be 1-13 as they play #6 UCLA next. 

I’ve read that the players are pissed at one of their own getting their Coach fired last year. I don’t know what the story is but something is up. 
Anyway, enjoy. 

It's your guys' turn in the Cancel barrel. One of your malcontents got the coach fired, more or less the exact same way ours was let go the year previous. I hope it's a sign of things to come.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

Sparta and UNM played a barn burner of a series at Spartan Softball Complex this weekend. 

They split the first two, then duked it out for 11 innings before SJS took the decisive game 4-3. 

I really like the Lobos desert turquoise unis. They are probably the coolest in all of college softball.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

On 2/24/2022 at 3:36 PM, jdgaucho said:

Looks like UCSB joined the Mountain West this year.    Split with USU, still have two home games with both Boise and UNM, and a roadie at Fresno.

Swept at home by both Boise and UNM back to back. 1-5 vs the MWC this year.

@soupslam1, Boise outscored UCSB 26-10 in the two games.

12 hours ago, dshawfan said:

San Diego State got swept in baseball this past weekend by San Jose State.  I believe SDS is 0-6 in the MWC with a losing overall record.  

Boise State is currently # 1 in the MWC in the Softball standings with a 3-0 MWC record and a 23-5 overall record.

Boise State is also # 2 in the MWC in team batting average and # 3 in the MWC in team E.R.A. and # 1 in the MWC in team Fielding Percentage.

CONCLUSION - The new coaching staff (head coach AND the assistants) seem to be doing MUCH better this year with the players who - for the most part - were on last year's team for Boise State under the former head coach (and her assistants).  Last year's Boise State softball team finished in sixth place in the MWC under the former head coach.  Last year at this time Boise State had an overall record of 5 wins and 12 losses (9 games were cancelled) and had just been swept in their first MWC play by U.N.L.V., i.e., they were 0-3 in MWC play at this point last year.

On 3/21/2022 at 11:21 PM, ashnel said:

San Diego State got swept in baseball this past weekend by San Jose State.  I believe SDS is 0-6 in the MWC with a losing overall record.  

Yes, a very young club; this year is going to be painful :(

Having coached HS baseball in SD for 20 years, there's an abundance of local talent. To see the program scuffling like this is surprising.