Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

Washington Commanders

Just now, MetropolitanCowboy said:

I was kinda hoping the moniker would stay The Washington Football Team. I like it. 

There was a funk band back in da day called the Apollo Commanders. That's what came to mind when I saw the new Washington team name.

Stoooooopid.

I like FC much better 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Its not the best. Its not the worst. Actually rolls off the tongue better than half the current franchises. Name is fine but the logo is pathetic for over a years work 

Related image

The obvious name:

The Washington Whiteskins

A bunch of white boy politicians and lobbyists, it’s perfect.......and you get to keep some skin in the game (and the name). It’s white, so no one will be offended. Hell, just keep it to the Washington Redskins and just change the mascot to a beet red faced politician that’s red hot and yelling at someone in the other party. Classic Washington these days. 

Or go with:

The Washington Pigskins

Well, these days, you might have ‘bacon lovers‘ protesting over being disrespected. “What has this country come to? We have bacon bigotry in the NFL now???”  

kat.jpg

I kinda liked my moniker for it. the WTF team.  I thought they would go old skool and pick The Presidents as a moniker.  Some team in that area was once known as the Senators.  Maybe it was ice hockey or volleyball.  Commanders is lammo.  Washington Johnnys would be better.   As in johnny-on-the-spot loss column ready. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

23 hours ago, Coog kev said:

I kinda liked my moniker for it. the WTF team.  I thought they would go old skool and pick The Presidents as a moniker.  Some team in that area was once known as the Senators.  Maybe it was ice hockey or volleyball.  Commanders is lammo.  Washington Johnnys would be better.   As in johnny-on-the-spot loss column ready. 

The Senators were an MLB team that moved and is now the Minnesota Twins.

On 1/8/2022 at 8:21 PM, Coog kev said:

The Minnesota Twins were the Washington Senators from 1901 to 1960.

They were nicknamed the Nats in the Media and colloquially. Hence being the Nationals. They also go by Nats.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

3 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

The Minnesota Twins were the Washington Senators from 1901 to 1960.

They were nicknamed the Nats in the Media and colloquially. Hence being the Nationals. They also go by Nats.

And the Texas Rangers were the Washington Senators II from ‘61-‘71