Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tspoke

Wordle

First time I played - it wasn't too difficult, but I can't see anyone getting something in less than 3 or 4 guesses unless they are extremely lucky.

Wordle 204 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I failed today :/ 

Wordle 205 X/6

⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜

my head was not in the game. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

Wordle 205 3/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Vowels matter.

my failure argues against that lol. 

phonemes matter!!!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

my failure argues against that lol. 

phonemes matter!!!

That seems unnecessarily complicated to me, or maybe I just operate this way without consciously thinking about it. Finding a couple of vowels helps me a great deal in focusing my search for a word, though it can also throw one off if the same vowel occurs more than once in a given word, as was the case with yesterday’s puzzle.

I did a little reading on phonemes and word puzzles, but didn’t find anything that helped explain how one would use it with a word jumble puzzle like WORDLE. Can you do that?

1 minute ago, Posturedoc said:

That seems unnecessarily complicated to me, or maybe I just operate this way without consciously thinking about it. Finding a couple of vowels helps me a great deal in focusing my search for a word, though it can also throw one off if the same vowel occurs more than once in a given word, as was the case with yesterday’s puzzle.

I did a little reading on phonemes and word puzzles, but didn’t find anything that helped explain how one would use it with a word jumble puzzle like WORDLE. Can you do that?

no. All I can tell you is that focusing too much on vowels to the exclusion of everything else today sunk me to a stupid level. 

1 hour ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Thanks for the hint! 🤣

Wordle 205 3/6

🟦⬛⬛⬛🟦

🟦🟦⬛🟧⬛

🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

I’m curious why you would start any WORDLE with an outlier letter like the first letter in today’s puzzle. It worked great for you today, but I don’t imagine it would be helpful very often.

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

no. All I can tell you is that focusing too much on vowels to the exclusion of everything else today sunk me to a stupid level. 

I’m sure that will happen to me at some point, but so far has been the best strategy for me, though four puzzles is a tiny data set from which to draw a definitive conclusion. 

3 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Wordle 205 4/6

⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Used a word without one of the letters to figure out what was going on.

That’s been my strategy for row two every time. I don’t believe I’ve used any letters I’ve hit on in row one for my row two guess. I want as many letter hits as possible before I try to figure out the word. If I grabbed three letter in row one, and one or two were in their proper positions, I’d probably take a stab at the word in row two, but otherwise there are just too many possibilities to guess with reasonable accuracy, and you reduce your opportunities to find additional letters. 

Today's was the roughest that I've experienced so far. I also didn't do myself any favors in guesses #2 and #3 by using words that had letters that had already been eliminated, without thinking about it. 

2 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

That’s been my strategy for row two every time. I don’t believe I’ve used any letters I’ve hit on in row one for my row two guess. I want as many letter hits as possible before I try to figure out the word. If I grabbed three letter in row one, and one or two were in their proper positions, I’d probably take a stab at the word in row two, but otherwise there are just too many possibilities to guess with reasonable accuracy, and you reduce your opportunities to find additional letters. 

Oh that's an interesting idea... I saw it as a failing on my part today, but it seems to be a strategy for others. 

4 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

I’m curious why you would start any WORDLE with an outlier letter like the first letter in today’s puzzle. It worked great for you today, but I don’t imagine it would be helpful very often.

What? I started with an R

I think, therefore I'm.

2 hours ago, ClevelandBrown said:

What? I started with an R

Lol! I’m being a dingus. Your use of that awful BSU color scheme threw me off. Clearly orange = correct letter in correct square, not blue. I’ll blame it on the vomitous blue rug in BSU’s stadium. Watching games played on it has ruined my eyes and lowered my IQ by 40 points.