Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tspoke

Wordle

Re Wordle strategy, here’s a WSJ article that just popped up in my news feed. It’s behind a paywall. It may affect your own Wordle strategy, which is a problem for an “I have the best words” type like myself. My father in particular gifted my three siblings and me a love of words, so I like to think I’m something of a wordsmith making his own fabulous way in the Wordle world.

Now I’m off to scrub my eyes and brain out with sand (or stare at the blue rug for five minutes) to wash the strategies of others from my memory.

2 hours ago, ClevelandBrown said:

How come you didn't use the letter you got correct in the second guess? 🤔

My strategy with the first two words is to identify as many letters as possible, regardless of whether or not they are in their proper places. If I magic up three correct letters with the first guess (don’t think I’ve done that yet) I would probably try to solve the final word with guess #2, especially if one or two letters were in their proper positions.

If, like today and most days, I identify one or two letters with guess #1, I toss out a word with five new letters in guess #2 hoping for additional letter hits, enough so I can try to solve with guess #3. This strategy seems to have worked well enough so far, as I’ve solved three Wordles in three guesses, one in four and the first Wordle I attempted in five, although luck, not strategy, is responsible for today’s three guess solution. We’ll see if it holds up.

6 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

Check this out. 100% pulled the word out of my ass. 

Wordle 206 3/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Lol @ you two sly clowns cheersing 🍻 (bet that never appears in Wordle when it expands to nine words) my unexpected victory today.

Wordle 207 5/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A guy i follow on Twitter got it in 2 today...

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

22 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

My strategy with the first two words is to identify as many letters as possible, regardless of whether or not they are in their proper places. If I magic up three correct letters with the first guess (don’t think I’ve done that yet) I would probably try to solve the final word with guess #2, especially if one or two letters were in their proper positions.

If, like today and most days, I identify one or two letters with guess #1, I toss out a word with five new letters in guess #2 hoping for additional letter hits, enough so I can try to solve with guess #3. This strategy seems to have worked well enough so far, as I’ve solved three Wordles in three guesses, one in four and the first Wordle I attempted in five, although luck, not strategy, is responsible for today’s three guess solution. We’ll see if it holds up.

So you don't play it on hard... thats no fun.