Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Harbaugh to the Raiders?

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

Harbaugh would be perfect for the Raiders, they obviously need a hard ass coach with zero tolerance policy for off-field troubles. Although butting heads with bay area suits in the front-office is what made him step back from the NFL back to college in the first place. 

The Raiders front office is a little different than the 49ERS. But yeah, I hear you. I didn't like the move to Vegas. It's a 24 city. I guess you can find trouble just about anywhere. But Vegas is another animal all together. However, when a city offers 3/4 of a billion dollars, you answer the door. The Raiders absolutely need a hard ass head coach that won't put up with the off field BS.  

New RJ take on the HC candidates.

The Raiders’ three-game winning streak hasn’t just pushed them to the cusp of their first playoff appearance since 2016. It’s also made them one of the most attractive destinations for prospective head coaching candidates.

So expect some big names to be bandied about over the next few weeks — including Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh, Clemson’s Dabo Swinney, Stanford’s David Shaw and a handful of hotshot young NFL assistants like Tampa Bay offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich, among others.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/early-leading-contenders-for-raiders-coaching-job-2507578/?fbclid=IwAR2Opws-ehh84inx4_GSkmrSXqlDxIKI2bBuiT_V7xFevO6OOvJwivoF3Gw

Jim Harbaugh

■ The Michigan coach has a wildly successful track record in the NFL, leading the 49ers to three appearances in the NFC Championship Game and one Super Bowl in four years. He also satisfies the Raiders connection Davis might be seeking, having served as the club’s quarterbacks coach in 2002 and 2003.

5 hours ago, AztecAlien said:

The Raiders front office is a little different than the 49ERS. But yeah, I hear you. I didn't like the move to Vegas. It's a 24 city. I guess you can find trouble just about anywhere. But Vegas is another animal all together. However, when a city offers 3/4 of a billion dollars, you answer the door. The Raiders absolutely need a hard ass head coach that won't put up with the off field BS.  

Such a lazy argument.  LA and NYC have plenty going on, and nobody says they shouldn’t have a team.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Such a lazy argument.  LA and NYC have plenty going on, and nobody says they shouldn’t have a team.

Did you not read the part where I stated that you can find trouble just about anywhere? And where did I state that Vegas shouldn't have a team? I guess you're just another lazy keyboard poster.  

On 1/4/2022 at 4:48 PM, AztecAlien said:

Don't know about all this. Gruden had full control of the roster/player personal. And not sure who the primadonnas are. Raiders are playing team football, and doing it with all the crap that has happened. Harbaugh might be a good fit. However, if the Raiders make the playoffs, Rich Bisaccia should be considered to return. 

Harbaugh is a handful.  He grates his superiors no matter where he coaches.  He wants what Gruden had if true, full control.  If Harbaugh finally gets it with the Raiders, it would be interesting to see how he does with all that power.  My guess is he would reach a peak, then gradually trend down to mediocrity while taking it out on his players.  He did that at Stanford and then the 49ers.  If he gets no takers and has to stay at Michigan, you have to wonder if this season was his peak.

15 minutes ago, aztech said:

Harbaugh is a handful.  He grates his superiors no matter where he coaches.  He wants what Gruden had if true, full control.  If Harbaugh finally gets it with the Raiders, it would be interesting to see how he does with all that power.  My guess is he would reach a peak, then gradually trend down to mediocrity while taking it out on his players.  He did that at Stanford and then the 49ers.  If he gets no takers and has to stay at Michigan, you have to wonder if this season was his peak.

????

image.png.5de33c5c37c3a3007531077ecbf6bafc.png

Not sure how you figure his four years at Stanford reached a peak and slid to mediocrity? His last season was their best in modern history, and he built them from the ground up. Same with San Diego.

The 49ers definitely started trending down in his last season, but they would've no matter who the coach. He'd be a great hire for the Raiders. 

10 minutes ago, bigd said:

????

Not sure how you figure his four years at Stanford reached a peak and slid to mediocrity? His last season was their best in modern history, and he built them from the ground up. Same with San Diego.

The 49ers definitely started trending down in his last season, but they would've no matter who the coach. He'd be a great hire for the Raiders. 

Didn't realize Harbaughs best year at Stanford was his last. 🤔

Word in the Bay Area was that Harbaugh disrespected and humiliated Dr York in front of the team. That was it for him in SF. 

Im not a huge fan of the York’s, but if you can’t treat an owner who is an adult with respect, what’s going to happen if you were working with this 5 year old? 

image.jpeg.707b5ebf207e0ef3a6fee58514c265ce.jpeg

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

8 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Word in the Bay Area was that Harbaugh disrespected and humiliated Dr York in front of the team. That was it for him in SF. 

Im not a huge fan of the York’s, but if you can’t treat an owner who is an adult with respect, what’s going to happen if you were working with this 5 year old? 

It might actually be a perfect relationship--two imbeciles playing in a sandbox.  Harbaugh isn't known for being the most mature guy in a room, and there's a lot of evidence that he's pretty strong on the Asperger's spectrum, not to mention that the coaches at Michigan wouldn't let him have a real major (I think history was his choice) and shuffled him off to kinesiology or communications or some such shit like that.

58 minutes ago, RebelAlliance said:

Michigan wouldn't let him have a real major (I think history was his choice) and shuffled him off to kinesiology or communications or some such shit like that.

not to phuck up your rant but wouldn't these be good majors for a future coach?

15 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Also York didn't think he was getting enough credit for helping the Niners turn it around either which started with York taking more control back from Harbaugh as well. It almost reminded me of the Cowboys in the mid 90s with the owner and coach nipping at each other about who should get more credit for the turnaround.

But I was reading this morning, the Bears are potentially interested in Harbaugh which I think would be more logical than going to Vegas just because of ties, but I also think like others said he could be using it as a contract ploy. If Harbaugh left would leave Michigan not in a great spot 

21 hours ago, bigd said:

????

Even with his last year success, Stanford was relieved the 49ers hired him away.  He wasn't bringing in the crowds despite the wins.  Their fans just couldn't accept his juvenile attitude, winning without class.  Keep in mind it is Stanford, after all.

14 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Which is why I don't know how much their is to the rumor, I think it would have happened already

I don’t think the Raiders are going to start interviews until their season is over.