Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

San Diego State at UNLV - MWC opener

11 minutes ago, bnastyaztecs said:

SDSU winning streak of 49 in a row when leading at the 5:00 min mark on the line.....

Dont think so.

CSU trailed by 7 at the 5:00 mark last year when they won in Viejas.

10 minutes ago, 303Rebel said:

No scoring, how long have they been stuck on 49?  Also, our athletes still aren’t SDSU’s athletes.. need some scoring and Lindsay won’t be enough to improve this next year.

There will be another HS recruit added.  They’re working on KyeRon Lindsay’s friend who was once a Texas A&M commit.

There will be work done via the portal.

I know this was a tight game but it feels like we got our ass kicked with how we were outphysicaled. Next time we play them, we better try to move the ball more rather than try to exploit mismatches 1 on 1.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

3 minutes ago, Yellow Evan said:

I know this was a tight game but it feels like we got our ass kicked with how we were outphysicaled. Next time we play them, we better try to move the ball more rather than try to exploit mismatches 1 on 1.

Moving the ball…What a novel concept!  No shit Sherlock!

3 minutes ago, Yellow Evan said:

1on1 doesn't work against switching man.

I thought the Rebs played well. If they don't get frustrated, they'll be better going in to the tourney. Nuga isn't as good as I thought. Williams is better

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Congrats, Aztecs, as Curtis Terry said on the radio, your team is the same as it’s been for 15 years, just different names, your program is just so consistent. It will take a while for the Rebs to match your athleticism, and depth. 

The game turned when two Rebs (I don’t remember who besides Iwoakur) had Bradley trapped, and got called for a foul ( my daughter, who coached at Mater Dei when they lived there, had to look up that signal the ref was giving, two hands pointing down to the floor about 3 times, she never did find it, lol). The air went out of the entire building, and it took the team a minute to get a little intensity back. I just don’t think they have the horses yet to compete with the Aztecs, or CSU. 
But I expected the Rebs to lose by about 15 points, it will take a while for them to be competitive. It took 10 years for them to get where they are right now, it’s not going to be an overnight turnaround, especially with a rookie coach, and the kind of turnover the Rebs have had. I was, though, glad to see Kevin all up in the refs face during the timeout after a series of calls he didn’t like. Never once did I see Otz, or Menzies, or Rice doing that. And after that, the Bill Clinton ref might have made a make up call. 😆 And it wasn’t even him that was being yelled at. 

16 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

The game turned when two Rebs (I don’t remember who besides Iwoakur) had Bradley trapped, and got called for a foul ( my daughter, who coached at Mater Dei when they lived there, had to look up that signal the ref was giving, two hands pointing down to the floor about 3 times, she never did find it, lol). The air went out of the entire building, and it took the team a minute to get a little intensity back. I just don’t think they have the horses yet to compete with the Aztecs, or CSU. 
But I expected the Rebs to lose by about 15 points, it will take a while for them to be competitive. It took 10 years for them to get where they are right now, it’s not going to be an overnight turnaround, especially with a rookie coach, and the kind of turnover the Rebs have had. I was, though, glad to see Kevin all up in the refs face during the timeout after a series of calls he didn’t like. Never once did I see Otz, or Menzies, or Rice doing that. And after that, the Bill Clinton ref might have made a make up call. 😆 And it wasn’t even him that was being yelled at. 

The ref signal was for a cylinder violation.  Player cylinder is an area for the offensive player to start a basketball play (a shot, a dribble or a pass). To be honest, its a weird rule because its so hard to really define it. Ask any coach if they know it when they see it and they’ll say no. With where it occurred on the floor, I’m guessing that someone from the SDSU bench shouted it out and the ref decided to call it.