Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

CSU O-line coach to...wait for it.

Any thoughts on him? Obviously that last name isn't popular in Fort Collins, but how was your o-line? 

Our o-line has been such a weakness since Ault left, I'm really hoping that it becomes a point of emphasis going forward. 

15 minutes ago, bigd said:

Any thoughts on him? Obviously that last name isn't popular in Fort Collins, but how was your o-line? 

Our o-line has been such a weakness since Ault left, I'm really hoping that it becomes a point of emphasis going forward. 

Our O-line was terrible.  QB had zero time and was always running for his life.  Some say it was coaching, others say it was personnel.  Personnel was definitely part of the problem.  We'll see how he does without Dad helping out.

Terrible OL both years. RBs got smacked in the backfield I think easily 75% of the time. Never were any holes. Worst run game I’ve seen at CSU in my entire life

I think it’s possible Louie is a good coach. High energy guy and seemed like an active recruiter…but out OL was absolutely god awful

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

9 hours ago, fbpack said:

I like it. upgrade over coach best 

Maybe, however Best would pretty much have to be the worst, for that to be true.

Have you seen any of our tape from the last two seasons?

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1476666444746305539?s=20

I found this tweet is a lil' misleading.  YES...Jr was a TE Coach at Bowling Green under Scot Loeffler (an apple from the Steve Addazio's Coaching Tree) before coming to Ft Fun.  

However he wasn't a "coach" per se at the ohio state before that.  Louie was a GA in Columbus for His Dad's old boss & CSU's one-'n'-done  One-Man Coaching Search Firm:  Urban Meyer.

9 hours ago, bigd said:

9 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Our O-line was terrible.  QB had zero time and was always running for his life.  Some say it was coaching, others say it was personnel.  Personnel was definitely part of the problem.  We'll see how he does without Dad helping out.

3 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

Terrible OL both years. RBs got smacked in the backfield I think easily 75% of the time. Never were any holes. Worst run game I’ve seen at CSU in my entire life

I think it’s possible Louie is a good coach. High energy guy and seemed like an active recruiter…but out OL was absolutely god awful

@Headbutt & @LoFasZz are spot on.  Worst OL at CSU in a looooong time.

Coach Hobo staff didn't recruit that position well.  Our most senior lineman was a walk-on.  More than half of our linemen this yr were Addazio transfers, so continuity might have been a factor.  However, I'm probably reaching w/that conclusion.

What kind of system are y'all going to run on Offense?  Louie has pretty much been around variations of the same offense since his playing days at BC playing for Daddy.  His only two bosses, until reuniting w/HCSA in Ft Collins were Urban & Loefler, both w/very old & deep connections w/Papa 'daz.

On a possitive note, he's got his father's gift for gab & high positive energy.  I have a hunch he was a good recruiter (but I'm not really knowledgable to really know that).

GOOD LUCK...Hopefully Jr is adaptable & thrives in your nxt system.  

4 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Maybe, however Best would pretty much have to be the worst, for that to be true.

Have you seen any of our tape from the last two seasons?

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1476666444746305539?s=20

I found this tweet is a lil' misleading.  YES...Jr was a TE Coach at Bowling Green under Scot Loeffler (an apple from the Steve Addazio's Coaching Tree) before coming to Ft Fun.  

However he wasn't a "coach" per se at the ohio state before that.  Louie was a GA in Columbus for His Dad's old boss & CSU's one-'n'-done  One-Man Coaching Search Firm:  Urban Meyer.

Still, I read that he coached two Rimington winners in a row at Ohio State.  He had to have learned a thing or two being in that environment.  We'll see how it translates to Reno.  They might have a hot young coach. 

10 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

So.....................

All those BC transfers were garbage.

MW >>>>>> ACC ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

10 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

Your O line will look about the same for you then with Bill (not the) Best.

Sounds like ours might also although I'm positive Ken Wilson will put a huge amount of effort into the O line, where as Norvell cares more about his QB and receivers.