Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Is Hawaii going to fire Todd Graham?

On 1/1/2022 at 12:41 PM, HawaiiMongoose said:

Opinions vary.  So far no coach has been able to do it and that's somewhat related to kids wanting to experience life away from the Islands.  I think an even bigger factor is parental pressure.  If a player is offered a scholarship by a P5 school the parents will usually encourage him (or her, depending on the sport) to take advantage of the opportunity to get a "superior" education.  This is despite the fact that UH is a pretty strong academically itself and offers an educational experience comparable to a number of P5 schools.

maybe these parents want their kids to get off the Island.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 1/1/2022 at 9:14 AM, OrediggerPoke said:

Yes favoring a religion on a football team at a state school violates both constitutional and statutory law.  I always love when someone tells me to go read the constitution…it usually tells me they themselves have no real legal training.  

You do realize then that at least half the college football coaches in America are violating the law under your definition. Heck, we’ve even had religious stuff going on at SJSU on and off over the years and SJSU isn’t exactly a religiously conservative place.  Nobody complained that I remember.

I don’t know what’s going on at Hawaii but its clear that some of the former players that the previous coach recruited didn’t like Grahams style.  That’s why they left. Looking at Grahams resume, it’s also clear that the guy can coach. I figured he was an odd fit in Hawaii from the start. That’s on those that hired him. Not surprised it hasn’t worked out but don’t see why anyone outside the school would need to get involved. Sounds like political grandstanding. Just fire the guy if the school doesn’t like him. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

6 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

You do realize then that at least half the college football coaches in America are violating the law under your definition. Heck, we’ve even had religious things going on at SJSU on and off over the years and SJSU isn’t exactly a religiously conservative place.  Nobody complained. 

I don’t know what’s going on at Hawaii but its clear that the former players that the previous coach recruited didn’t like Grahams style.  That’s why they left. Looking at Grahams resume, it’s also clear that the guy can coach. I figured he was an odd fit in Hawaii from the start. That’s on those hiring. Not surprised it hasn’t worked out. 

No. Im actually not aware of any college football coaches at public schools dictating playing time by church attendance other than the rumors involving Graham.  

If this is indeed widespread as you allege, then i’m shocked that no lawyers are involved given the very lucrative nature of successful civil rights claims.  In fact, if true as you allege, I kind of want in on the action.  

22 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

I don’t know what’s going on at Hawaii but its clear that some of the former players that the previous coach recruited didn’t like Grahams style.  That’s why they left.

Graham's own son has also entered the transfer portal. He played in 9 games as a Freshman walk-on so it doesn't sound like he should be unhappy about getting an opportunity and playing time at Hawaii. Could be a move for any of several reasons. But it is one of those things that make me pause :hmmm:.

5 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

While he did not break or violate the Letter of the Law, he is trying to corrupt the Spirit of the Law by making Church Attendance a qualifier for being a starter or receiving a bigger share of playing time at a State (Guv) Institution.

Whether you agree or disagree, playing time should not be determined by Church attendance.

I don't think it's about the Letter of the Law, or even the Spirit of the Law.  I don't think it has anything to do specifically with going to church or not.  If this is true, he is assigning playing time based on an activity that isn't related to football or academics.  I don't see any way that's illegal.  I do think it's incredibly stupid and unprofessional.  A really quick way to kill a locker room.  Whether it's Sunday church or Wednesday night bingo, dictating a players personal life is a great way to put a player into the portal.

I think the State Senate is probably holding hearings trying to find something illegal, or at least egregious enough to fire him with cause.  It's a lot cheaper that way.

Going to the State Senate is going to bring a lot more negative national publicity for Graham.  He should just quit and salvage what he can for his future.  Maybe that is what the university is hoping for.

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

2 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

No. Im actually not aware of any college football coaches at public schools dictating playing time by church attendance other than the rumors involving Graham.  

If this is indeed widespread as you allege, then i’m shocked that no lawyers are involved given the very lucrative nature of successful civil rights claims.  In fact, if true as you allege, I kind of want in on the action.  

Just an FYI (I know you’re not the only one who has said this) but I never said that players weren’t playing because they didn’t go to church. 

I said players were in the “doghouse” if they hadn’t been to church in the past two weeks. Doghouse can insinuate several things but in my version it’s not that a starter doesn’t get to play in a game. 

Also, this was at another school.  I have no idea if this has happened at Hawaii. 

On 1/1/2022 at 6:20 PM, GoState99755 said:

Any specifics on her shenanigans on Twitter &/or Msg Boards/FB Groups?

yes.she was saying some crazy shit like your son didn’t pray hard enough.that’s when thomas steps in and confronts her.she then try’s to tell him she didn’t send it.it must have been god.

Can Hawaii really not afford a $1mil buyout?

Pathetic

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

6 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

Can Hawaii really not afford a $1mil buyout?

Pathetic

The school doesn’t like to pay buyouts unless it’s absolutely necessary. All the “why is a football coach the state’s highest paid employee and being paid $1m+ to leave” negative attention comes out and they rather avoid that talk. 

Chow should have been fired after his 1-11 season but instead they let him get 2 more years after just for the half off his buyout for the final season. In addition they had to work around the closure of Aloha this past season while spending resources getting Ching up to date for a NCAA game and still are working on funding with expanding Ching to be a competent FBS stadium for next year until new Aloha opens