Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Is Hawaii going to fire Todd Graham?

4 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I haven’t been following the situation, so to me this is all out of left field, but it seems like Hawaii fans aren’t too surprised. Can someone give a TLDR of what happened here?

These articles provide the details and subsequent fallout: 

https://www.sfgate.com/collegesports/article/hawaii-football-troubles-under-coach-todd-graham-16670501.php 

and 

https://sports.yahoo.com/hawaii-coach-todd-graham-transfer-portal-program-amid-mistreatment-allegations-043237463.html

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Never a good sign when a coach will reward playing time based on church attendance.  

No way

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

1 minute ago, masterfrog said:

Players leave for a lot of reasons.  A lot of might be the coach.  Some of it might be having to play in that makeshift facility of a stadium.  Some of it could be the enhanced Covid regulations they have had to deal with in Hawaii.

It's the coach.  

1 hour ago, masterfrog said:

Players leave for a lot of reasons.  A lot of might be the coach.  Some of it might be having to play in that makeshift facility of a stadium.  Some of it could be the enhanced Covid regulations they have had to deal with in Hawaii.

According to people who talked to the players/their parents before they announced their intention to enter the portal. Much of the transfers have been because of Graham. Chevan Cordeiro wouldn’t have left if not for Graham being who he is, Chevan loved Hawaii and was raised being a fan for much of his life.

Along with others who even if you look at their parting messages don’t even mention “Graham” in their parting words. They mention fans and love of Hawaii, some with mention to past coaches (Rolo) or even sport medicine/equipment staff (lol) but don’t usually mention Coach Graham in their thank you goodbyes 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Just what one of the Hawaii fans here posted who is friends with a former player for Graham.  The poster in question has always seemed to know his shit, so I believe it.  

I posted it.  A friend of mine played for Graham previously.  I had dinner with him a couple of weeks ago and he said that SFgate article was spot on. Graham would play favorites and demean those who didn’t bow to his wishes. If a player hadn’t attended church in the past two weeks there were in the dog house in a big way. 

My buddy was actually liked by Graham (because he was a good player) so he never got the brunt of it like others. Graham would have him and a few of the other favored players to his house for dinner every Thursday during game weeks.

He said Graham now fashions himself as a buddy of Belichick and is trying to latch on with him somehow.

The thing about Graham is that he has lucked out like no other HC in hiring OC’s. At rice he had Major Applewhite.  At Tulsa he hired a young Gus Malzahn who had a new-to-FBS offense who was followed by Herb Hand and then Chad Morris.  At Pitt he had Calvin Magee and Mike Norvell who then followed him to ASU and was followed by Chip Lindsey and then Billy Napier.  That’s why when he hired his son as OC at Hawaii I thought he was done. Hawaii fans/journalists should investigate why Bo Graham “left” the ASU coaching staff without landing another coaching job while his dad remained head coach. 

I like Hawaii and want their athletics to prosper, particularly their football program, as SDSU has a long history playing Hawaii.  As such, we need to get Graham out of there. The admin needs to feel even more pressure so as to find a way/set a trap to fire for cause. Even if it isn’t clear cut cause just fire him under cause and make him take you to court. That will force him to settle and it will cost Hawaii a lot less. Yeah it may look bad to potential coaches but other college coaches know the situation and how Graham coaches. 

16 minutes ago, Fowl said:

I posted it.  A friend of mine played for Graham previously.  I had dinner with him a couple of weeks ago and he said that SFgate article was spot on. Graham would play favorites and demean those who didn’t bow to his wishes. If a player hadn’t attended church in the past two weeks there were in the dog house in a big way. 

My buddy was actually liked by Graham (because he was a good player) so he never got the brunt of it like others. Graham would have him and a few of the other favored players to his house for dinner every Thursday during game weeks.

He said Graham now fashions himself as a buddy of Belichick and is trying to latch on with him somehow.

The thing about Graham is that he has lucked out like no other HC in hiring OC’s. At rice he had Major Applewhite.  At Tulsa he hired a young Gus Malzahn who had a new-to-FBS offense who was followed by Herb Hand and then Chad Morris.  At Pitt he had Calvin Magee and Mike Norvell who then followed him to ASU and was followed by Chip Lindsey and then Billy Napier.  That’s why when he hired his son as OC at Hawaii I thought he was done. Hawaii fans/journalists should investigate why Bo Graham “left” the ASU coaching staff without landing another coaching job while his dad remained head coach. 

I like Hawaii and want their athletics to prosper, particularly their football program, as SDSU has a long history playing Hawaii.  As such, we need to get Graham out of there. The admin needs to feel even more pressure so as to find a way/set a trap to fire for cause. Even if it isn’t clear cut cause just fire him under cause and make him take you to court. That will force him to settle and it will cost Hawaii a lot less. Yeah it may look bad to potential coaches but other college coaches know the situation and how Graham coaches. 

Thanks, I am pretty stoned and just remember the poster who mentioned it was one I knew was legit, which makes sense as it was you.  Cheers.  

Another current player said, “He’s never talked to me about anything. I’ve never shook his hand.” Another said he never once spoke to his position coach this season and is leaning towards quitting the team: “This coaching staff made me lose the love of the game.”

I have always read and heard a players primary relationship is with their position Coach, followed by their Co-Ordinator, then the HC.

How a player could never communicate with their position Coach is beyond me.

Who the Feck is Coaching these kids up ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

I think I read somewhere that Todd’s buyout is around 1.275 million as of the end of this season. Hawaii needs to figure out something. The cost to keep his toxic culture in place far exceeds the buyout. 

When he was at ASU, there were lots of head scratchers as a P12 fan. And yes, Norvell made his stench less stinky.  We used to call him Brittney Spears with his fancy rockstar headset/microphone and cute wristbands. If he gets tossed from Hawaii, I think his HC days are done. 

B72A219D-4EC6-4750-96CD-38D36C44B496.jpeg

4 hours ago, Fowl said:

I'm guessing this article just scratches the surface of the romantic relationship Bo Graham had with an ASU Student Athlete while he was serving as his dad's RB's Coach.

The fact that Bo was outed by a former QB has my interest piqued...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2555871-bo-graham-todds-son-reportedly-resigns-due-to-relationship-with-asu-student

5 hours ago, Fowl said:

There’s a real easy way to make him miserable and want to leave. Get the team together and agree to stick together in this plan and no one gets punished but Graham.

Have the team declare that they’ve given their lives to Satan and are Devil Worshippers. Leave Satanic bibles around the locker room, put pentagram stickers on their lockers and practice helmets, invite Graham to their bible studies, bring in boom boxes cranking bands like Christian Death, Slayer, a bunch of satanic death metal bands from Norway, etc. Tell Graham that, going forward, each player wants to be addressed as Damian with their FB number after it. Damian 84, for example.

He’ll either actually have a heart attack, a stroke, lose it and hit someone, or run to the hills ala Iron Maiden. It would work in short order. Your welcome. 

kat.jpg

I hated the hire from the outset, but I’ve never been a fan of Todd’s, he’s a typical religious control freak. 

We’d have been better off getting another Run -N-Shoot guy, at this point, I’d bring Rolo back if he could get around the vaccine issue. I enjoyed Rolo’s teams a hell of a lot more than I have Todd’s. 

Just need the money to do it. Doesn’t help that the buyout is higher than @Joe from WY on a day off, but hopefully we can get Todd out sooner than later, because the program is going to take a bit to recover. 

Ha!!!!!

https://twitter.com/247SportsPortal/status/1476608999189585926?s=20

Todd Grahams son is transferring.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky