Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

More Bowl Game Cancellations

10 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I don't think it's random.  I know that CSU tests their players regularly (weekly I think) in all sports, regardless of vaccination status or symptoms.  I'm sure that's the case at most schools.

I apologize I mis spoke. What I actually was thinking when I wrote that is were they being tested because it was the time or if they were showing symptoms. 

The Holiday Bowl and NC State athletics director Boo Corrigan spent the rest of Tuesday trying to find a replacement team, reaching out to roughly 10 different teams. But given the short notice and the challenging logistics, they were unable to find a replacement.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

44 minutes ago, smithy said:

I hope they give a big "L" on UCLA's record and also have the Holiday Bowl give a fat bill for all the expenditures endured by NCST. It's crap the way UCLA dealt with this situation.

I would agree and how some of the schools are dealing with it as well.

47 minutes ago, smithy said:

I hope they give a big "L" on UCLA's record and also have the Holiday Bowl give a fat bill for all the expenditures endured by NCST. It's crap the way UCLA dealt with this situation.

Hopefully the insurance can cover it, but it's not the Holiday Bowl's fault that UCLA bowed out.

Just now, wolfpack1 said:

No but Holiday Bowl and NC State aren't to happy with UCLA right now

They should be, 3 days before the game there was an article about them possibly cancelling.  The last minute nature of this is ridiculous, Holiday Bowl could have been searching for replacements (of which, the AAC had three) in advance.

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

They should be, 3 days before the game there was an article about them possibly cancelling.  The last minute nature of this is ridiculous, Holiday Bowl could have been searching for replacements (of which, the AAC had three) in advance.

I absolutely agree, they could have said three days ago could you start searching for a team because we don't think we will be able to play this game and Holiday Bowl probably could have gotten something done

8 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

With all this Bowl craziness it feels like the Fresno/UTEP game was years ago. I'm glad that we got our bowl game out of the way early.

The Em-Dubya got lucky this year with most of our Bowls coming prior to the Omicron breakout. Same was true with the Conference B-ball Tourney in 2020. 

Napoleon Dynamite GIF by Ben L

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/28/2021 at 5:51 PM, SpaceForced said:

The big winner in all these cancellations is Central Michigan.  Going from a $350K payout to $4.5 million Sun Bowl payout.

CMU sending a thank you note for bailing on the bowl