Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 12/21/21 - 5 Games - WHO YA GOT?

Oh what could have been!

Could have had 7 games tonight but COVID issues have dropped two of the best games on the slate in CSUvAlabama and Grand Canyon @ Nevada.

I’m so down on Air Force’s ability to put the ball in the basket, especially against a decent defensive squad like Tarleton State that I will take the under of 113.3 in that game. 113.5 for God’s sake! If you like watching paint dry, you’ll like this match-up.

Not touching Utah State because of the 18.5. I think the Aggies will roll but I can see them getting some rest for the mildly injured Justin Bean and Rylan Jones and playing more of their bench. who knows?

Not betting on anything New Mexico the rest of the season other than against them. Norfolk State isn’t any good but, given the way the Lobos have played recently, they might even have a chance in this one.

Tempted to take Sparty and the 6.5 at home where they are undefeated, but Santa Clara defends the three pretty well and Sparty are very dependent on perimeter scoring. I’ll stay away.

Fresno makes their first trip outside of California to take on a very average Utah squad that starts three former MWC players (David Jenkins, Rollie Worster, Marco Anthony). I really like Fresno’s team this year but I’m not going to bet them.

34 minutes ago, Bob said:

REally blows that the two best games got cancelled. 

Yep. CSU especially would have had the opportunity to really enter the national conversation had they been able to play and beat Bama....not saying they were likely to win, but they would have had the chance.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

REally blows that the two best games got cancelled. 

Best game tonight now is the SJSU v SCU rivalry.  Nice opportunity for the Spartans to get a quality win.  I like their chances. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

9 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Best game tonight is the SJSU v SCU rivalry.  Nice opportunity for the Spartans to get a quality win.  I like their chances. 

If Joser actually beats SCU they would probably move up to the 160 range in the NET and might actually help some MWC teams with their metrics during conference play....that would be a unique change.

1 minute ago, KingBronco said:

If Joser actually beats SCU they would probably move up to the 160 range in the NET and might actually help some MWC teams with their metrics during conference play....that would be a unique change.

Yes it would. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

1 hour ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Best game tonight now is the SJSU v SCU rivalry.  Nice opportunity for the Spartans to get a quality win.  I like their chances. 

Stop trying to make and act like SJSU is relevant lol. Best game tonight is now Fresno State and Utah.

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

Just got home from watching the Pokes beat the Golden Flashes so time to make some picks:

Utah State and PSU, not going to bet on this one. 

Ill pass on UNM- Norfolk

Reno covers over Grand Canyon

Utah covers over Fresno

Santa Clara has too much for SJSU and will easily cover.